Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Got gifted this game recently and it's a lot of fun.

https://i.imgur.com/tu6UDwh.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

KazigluBey posted:

Anyone come across the new item drop event? Does it have a sound queue or is it just visual? Would love to know what I'm looking for.

Apparently it shows up on the map, you dig for it and it shows you another location with some loot.

I found one by accident, kinda half buried and thought it was a satchel charge.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Imagine that, digging, in a game about deep space mining.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Pen Expers posted:

Has anyone else experienced weird mouse-lag since the update? I've played about a dozen missions since yesterday morning and each one I get mouse connectivity stuttering. I tested it out with other games and didn't experience the same thing, just DRG.

Been having this issue since before the update.
Also saw a streamer complaining about mouse not responding to clicking months back.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Can confirm I can physics bump people away from minerals and mine them for myself. Not that it's any advantage to me or detriment to them, I just think it''s hilarious.

Also, stood on a barrel
https://i.imgur.com/SILhG3G.mp4

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/oSt28M2.mp4

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Well I never...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

e;

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 7, 2020

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
It happened again.

https://i.imgur.com/gnoAA6y.mp4

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Turin Turambar posted:

Some weeks ago Giant Bomb they did a video about it (they are terrible playing but whatever). But they commented one interesting thing, how there should be an indicator in the compass of where every dwarf is, without having to hold control.

And an outline of the dwarf when behind terrain.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Quick Joined in on a game that was in the overgrown caves with my Driller, really wide map and I drilled around to connect routes and get to mineral veins and crystal chonks and whatever.
I even drilled 100 or so meters through terrain to get us all directly to the retrieval drop pod.

After we got back to the space rig someone said the mineral and bug kills numbers were bad, specifically me (you suck) and I couldn't join them for the next mission.
Blocked me from entering the drop pod and all.

:toot:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Quick Joined a mining expedition, just me and the host gathering mission objectives and they called for the exit pod asap.

They found that busted helmet right by the exit pod and the race to the lost gear or whatever was made pretty easy with the low gravity.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The pros jump into the flaming ring at the barrel kick game.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh...

https://i.imgur.com/vBIgoc8.mp4

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh right, it's the bunk room. Most times I would just get a glimpse of the ceiling or floor before screen goes black.

https://i.imgur.com/rwULPC5.mp4

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Havin a bad time after the platform in a mining expedition landed on me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrlvSIc1GGE

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 14, 2020

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Set up two turrets, mark out hard to get to mineral veins and platform them for a scout. Or stair step them when possible. Twiddle your thumbs in down time.

Turrets will get you a lot of bug kills I will say. Specially those annoying little ones that swarm around.

e;
Two things that are super nifty, soft landing platforms and bug repellent platforms.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Turrets, set em and forget em.

But not really, make sure they are fed.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hi, I'm the scout who grapples to the ceiling of very large caverns for a Mushroom/Barley Bulb/Starch Nut/Apoca Bloom/ etc. and let's themselves fall and get downed by the impact.

Then I do it again for another immediately after you revive me.

No regersts.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Are there any mods for DRG? Specifically I want something that changes the swarm music.

Googling only brings up "trainers" and a Reddit thread where a modder gets outed as just looking to troll and ruin people's games.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Increasing the health on the Praetorians is fine, as long as the Breech Cutter can break off their whole armor plating and leave them nude for everyone else to shoot at.

Drillers impact axes are pretty good at downing Oppressors right?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
edit; to add this quote that has to do with what I posted

Wheeee posted:

You also keep any rare minerals, gold, or cosmetics you mine in a mission even if you fail, which helps a lot with keeping the game chill.

I joined in the middle of a Salvage Operation game where the other dwarves found the lost helmet but didn't tell me about it. I stumbled across the thing and asked why no one told me, no response.

They were setting up the uplink to recover the drop pod and I decided to head over and pick up my loot and it turns out they'd not even bothered with it. I had to dig for it myself on my Engineer.
I asked again in chat if they were gonna come for their goodies but again no response.

They never got a chance either if they'd read my chat message about it.
We got eaten by bugs while setting up the fuel cells.

:rip:

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 24, 2020

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

isndl posted:

Hit it with a normal shot to make it go boom. Technically other guns can do it too but unless you have amazing teamwork it's probably not happening that way. Mactera shots can also cause premature detonation, watch out for that.

Oh it's like the Unreal Tournament Shock Rifle?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Sounds good.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fishstick posted:

Something you can easily miss in the announcement:

I don't care what the pricing is, I'm buying it. The narrated trailer was more of a short introductory video than an actual "trailer", but I think is a good thing to link to people to give a jist of what the game is actually about.

Some picks and armor from prestige assignments:

Oh great, the squats have gone over to the Tau. :commissar:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kith posted:

Just managed to permanently freeze Molly in place after trying to send her back to the Drop Pod. Video of three confused dwarves attempting to troubleshoot the problem.

Had that same thing happen with Molly pathing through a tunnel where a Bulk Detonator chased us through leaving a bunch of craters. Was worried about the countdown to the escape pod reaching zero with Molly stuck pretty far off.

Turns out the gates open at 5 seconds till and then just leaves molly. :v:

Also it was a low O2 mission.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Some tracks on my Deep Rock Galactic playlist.

Gravity Eater - Too Weird (Demo Sheet - 2014)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=560zf1hcN1g

SUNDRIFTER "Lightworker"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocJy1dog4RE

Hell's Of Singularity "Merry Go Round"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6WBEZZ0dHA

Elephant Bell "Come To See The Show"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPtKFCrN8vE

Nova Driver - Rocket Superstar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK5JNkDdUaM

And of course,
Beastie Boys - DEEP ROCK GALACTIC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORYO0atB6g

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I got the Lead Storm unstable OC and it's pretty great. Not being able to move while firing is a bummer but I can stop shooting and get a better line of fire then get right back to it easily enough.

ON THE OTHER HAND THO, I really enjoy Thinned Drum Walls for the ammo capacity and better cooler that greatly increases bullet firing uptime. :blastu:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A routine Mining Expedition for morkite in the Glacial Strata with a Gunner, Scout (party lead) and two Drillers. One of the drillers being myself.

Uneventful till the drop pod is called and us drillers have a race through 200m of ice for the exit pod. Fun stuff.
But our scout and gunner end up getting separated from us both. I don't know how they ended up from following us on separate routes to being scattered across the cavern. I was trying to think of where to tunnel through to get them on track but they were moving around so much I just decided to wait at the exit pod and told them to follow the tunnels we dug that go straight up. The whole thing was spiral shaped with a few larger chambers bulging outward from the spiral pattern. We both cut through some preexisting passages but our tunnels were both straight shots to the pod.

Scout was heading upward at least but the gunner was going deeper down away from the pod location.
Other driller tries getting to either of them while I cryo and impact axe the swarm at the drop pod but even he gives up and joins me at the pod. And we're the only ones in when the timer hits 00:00.

Back at the rig I get kicked from the game. :v:

tl;dr - Keep close to the drillers when the escape pod is called.

fake edit; should have a shirt with the Driller on it similar to the pyrotechnics engineer that says "If you see me running, try to keep up"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I turned the music off a bit ago and have my own playlist for the game now.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I'm liking the Bulldog with 6-shooter and 2/1/3/2/1.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Delacroix posted:

This is now the designated cyro driller look:

What they need is a legally distinct Batman and Robin Mr Freeze armor set.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Unlucky7 posted:

So which class is good to start out with so I don't piss off my pick up team?

Gunner. Dont worry about mineral collection or any meta game stuff, just shoot the bugs with your big gun.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Flare Gun - 1(+3 flares)/2(+1 in magazine)/2(+3 flares)

Could also use a clean OC for increased burn duration without cutting into flare count.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
For me solo is a toss up between the Engineer and Driller.

Engineer you have the platform gun to traverse terrain and a turret to watch your back. Despite the scout having the grappling hook for dealing with terrain it can be finicky with hard to get to minerals where a stepladder of platforms is more reliable.

Driller drills and there is no obstacle that can't be overcome by boring through it.

Also depends on the kind of mission.
For a point extraction, definitely the driller. Tell bosco to chop up nitra/gold/dystrum veins while you drill to the aquartz.
Mining expeditions can be either or I guess.

But for eliminations, Engineer. Kite the dreadnaughts through your proximity mines and turrets so they shoot it in the rear end.

e;
Awesome two tone I didn't notice while in the options menu!

oh, just a trick of the light.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 13:34 on May 15, 2020

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Ziplines from aquarks rich area to the minehead, is one.
And then only when it's uphill. Cause you can throw aquarks downhill super easily.

Zipline above a dreadnaught chamber, so you can back and forth shooting down on its rear end while the other guys kite it.

e;
Love lobbing a aquark at the mine head and getting it on the center ring catwalk. If only it was possible to get it into the grinder teeth of the mineral deposit for swish shot.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Had two bulk detonators appear on the exit pod of a Haz 4 Point Extraction.

Fun stuff having them crawling on the exit pod doing their explosion attacks with the swarm of other bugs.