Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Mods please rename thread to The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The 100 - You are wonkru, or you are the enemy of wonkru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Vermain posted:

Clarke never misses an opportunity to instill her ruthless bloodthirst into another human heart. Remember, Maddie: it's perfectly normal to blow the brains out of a disarmed, wounded man.

"There are no good guys" - Ghengis Clarke.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Open Source Idiom posted:

I hope they'll find a way to integrate the prisoner characters into the long term arc of the show, rather than just neutralise them.

This is entirely too hopeful for this show. You know very well that Clarke cannot find peace as long as other humans are left alive. She will murder each and everyone of them by pressing a button and not giving a single gently caress until after they're all dead.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Boris Galerkin posted:

Are you sure that Madi didn’t just deliberately try to lure them into traps one by one to rescue Clark?

I doubt it.
Madi spent 6 years with Clarke. That's more than enough time for Clarke to explain to her how killing people one by one is an inefficient process and nothing short of immolating entire armies will quench her blood thirst.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

zeal posted:

if madi and a mildly dull-edged wanheda caused this much trouble for skaikru2, they have no chance against wonkru

I can't wait to see Wonkru walk out of this bunker with the mentality that anyone who isn't wonkru, is an enemy of wonkru. After 6 years of gladiatoral combat, that lesson has to have stuck.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Martian posted:

I just realized that I'm an episode behind the rest of you because Europe gets them six days after the US. So I haven't seen episode 3 yet.

"It was dreadful" - Marvin

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I have to ask, does Clarke even care to live amongst humans anymore?

These guys show up, and she immediately starts taking them out one by one. She gives no fucks about who they are and why they're here.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

she saw it was a prisoner transport ship through her gun scope and made some assumptions, which ended up being correct. could they have been people other than a bunch of ex prisoners? sure but that wouldn't be as cool for a season plot line

You're right, trying to point to Clarke's murderous ways is so season 1 anyway

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Elias_Maluco posted:

Actually they did canceled it

http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-exp...ped-1202388026/

But here is hoping Netflix or other will be smart enough to continue the best sci-fi TV show in decades

In similar news, Fox cancelled Brooklyn Nine Nine. What is with some of the best shows being cancelled?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I was browsing youtube when I found this tribute to Octavia. Pretty well edited, nice tune and I love how her scream was edited in the chorus.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
There's being on board, and there's being an asslicker. Judging from Indra's comment when hydro lady agrees with Octavia, she's more an asslicker than anything.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
What the hell is shipping/a shipper?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Evernoob posted:

It's also new to me, so I looked it up for you :

Shipping, initially derived from the word relationship, is the desire by fans for two or more people, either real-life people or fictional characters (in film, literature, television etc.) to be in a romantic relationship. It is considered a general term for fans' emotional involvement with the ongoing development of a relationship in a work of fiction.

Source,
The well esteemed well of all knowledge, AKA Wikipedia

Oh.. So basically Jim and Pam from the Office, got it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
How to call someone who hates a show based on stupid poo poo? For example, a friend of mine decided he doesn't like The 100 because he thought it was stupid that Lincoln speaks english.

"It could have been another language!"
"He hasn't had a conversation with anyone, how should he be fluent?" (disregarding the fact there's a whole civilization in existence
"The station is supposed to be from many countries, why do they all speak english so well? this show sucks!"

like what the gently caress? how do you call someone like that?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Boris Galerkin posted:

I thought a shipper was someone who’s unhealthily and creepily invested in a relationship pair.

The alternative is that im a shipper because I hate watched the last season of the walking dead for no entertainment value at all. I hate watched falling skies too but at least that show was so dumb that it was “good.”

Has anyone told you about ZNation yet?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

jfood posted:

the loving audacity of trying to have wanheda executed. you defeat her in battle or the universe will correct you of any plans to the contrary.

scrub tier queen can go to sleep now.

Screw Wanheda, her kill count is only this high because she gets to push buttons and murder people. Octavia goes in close and stares them in the eye while she stabs them to death.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
If someone had told me back in Season 1 that Murphy would be the best character of this drat series, I would have laughed my rear end off and called them crazy. Remember how much of a piece of poo poo he was?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Jaha's Wild Ride ft. Murphy was the best poo poo. :hai:

Remember when Jaha threw some guy overboard because the other option was to throw Murphy in? Good times.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Astroman posted:

I feel like for the most part, Clarke has been holding back. Everyone thinks Bludraina is the moat badass queen of all, or they're worried about Diyoza. How quickly they forget about the killcount of Wanheda. When she is unleashed, it will be glorious. :getin:

My death predictions are either Diyoza or Kane bite it. Their Happy Valley talk was too happy to live.

Remember that Clark is only truly dangerous when she can mass murder people by pressing one button. If she doesn't have that, her only hope is to headshot people who are obviously no more threat to her like that dude Maddie recognized.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

esperterra posted:

Clarke's pretty dangerous in general imo, remember that dope as gently caress fight she had with Anya in season two? And that was before she really learned to fight.

But she def does her best work with the push of a button.

I'm going to have to watch this fight again, but wasn't Anya in a weakened state for some reason?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Vinson was even more of a crazyman than I had imagined. :drac:

I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but now i can't wait to see what happens.
All I know is, Vincent is a murderer among a bunch of other murderers and they all give him a wide berth. Tells you everything you need to know about the dude, really.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Mortanis posted:

I'm a little annoyed they pulled the punch on the pit fight. It's been too long since a main character bit it on the show (Jaha barely counts), on a show that did pretty well killing them off each season. Then I thought they might have pulled the fake out with the pit to OD Abbie but I'm guessing she's just comatose. At least the status quo of main characters making absurdly poor decisions is still on track!

Don't speak ill of Saint Jaha you heathen

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Astroman posted:

I didn't catch it when watching, but according to the Wiki the survivors in radsuits who burn Becca alive were the members of the cult that Tex from the Last Ship started. Not sure why they just didn't like, you know, go in the bunker. In fact they even claim Tex was one of the guys there at her pyre, but I didn't recall seeing him. John Pyper-Ferguson is listed as in the ep, but "uncredited" on IMDB.

I must have missed some important thing cuz I have no idea what you're talking about. I mean, I know the scene where Becca gets burned, but who is Tex and what last ship?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

bou posted:

I still feel sorry for Octavia. She just executed the tough decisions that had to be made and probably just never wants to return to the bunker-hellhole again. :(
That said, by the end of the season she will be completely broken and walk alone into the desert. And return in the grand finale to save the day :black101:

I'm rooting for Diyoza and Kain by now. They're the only ones looking out for the future.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Evernoob posted:

Well then those guys should have died like everyone in Mt Weather...

They had a space station crash land on earth with most people surviving.

Are you really still looking for logic in this show?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Clark was left alone for 6 years. Now the radiation is dead.
Coincidence? I think not.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Watching Juancru get massacred was :discourse: The culmination of all of Octavia's excellent decisions.

I really hope they don't try to set up Octavia for some redemption arc. Pike was way less of a poo poo and he got shanked for his troubles.

I put money down on Kane being dead by the end of the season. Hopefully Octavia too.

Haven't seen this episode yet but it seems to me that no one actually gives a poo poo about the fate of the human race anymore.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I do not blame Octavia for not taking the surrender. You're seriously going to trust in the word of a bunch of convict who are ALL murderers, rapists or a combination of both? hell nah.

I do blame her for setting fire to the farm and disregarding literally every option for peace tho.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

but enough about the grounders :v:

True enough ;)

However I would argue there's a big difference between the grounders and the convict's crew. The Grounders were part of society with brutal laws/rules making them proficient at killing. The convicts lived in a mostly lawful society and decided to flaunt those laws and become murderers.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
After this episode, im left to think there won't be a happy ending for anyone.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Considering he's slaughtering wankru, i dont think mcready gives a crap about the future at all.

Pretty sure you need a certain minimum number for the survival of a species.

And considering he's got 130 men or so, with very few woman, its unlikely the race would survive more than a few generation beyond this point.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

bring back old gbs posted:

NOOOOIOIOOOOO LET HER loving DIE WE WERE SO CLOSE TO GETTING RID OF THAT IDIOT SDJSDKJFGSDKJGHSKLJHGSJLDHGSLKJDHGSKLDHJSKDF:H

gently caress this show god damit the plot armor is so retarded

If she's gonna die, let her die at the hands of someone worthy. Not some unnamed convict who just sprayed from behind a bunker.
She needs to be killed by Bellamy because tv

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

badjohny posted:

I was not even aware the show was from a book till they put "End Book 1" at the end. How close does it follow the books? Are they any good?

I haven't read it, but according to my niece, the books & show have the name in common and not much else.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Sammus posted:

So, if there are less than 500 humans left alive, how hosed up are the results of that genetic bottle neck going to be?

I'm gonna guess everyone will look like this within a few generations

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Boris Galerkin posted:

I loved how Maddy was all "kill them all" and I hate how Bellamy was the voice of reason. Like yeah, I think she made the right choice in not killing them in the end but gently caress Bellamy and his holier-than-thou attitude.

I wonder if Maddy/the AIs in the Flame hibernated all that time or if it was a literal prison for her/them.

I dont think its a holier than thou attitude. More like, "I already murdered a bunch if people two seasons ago and would rather avoid doing it again"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
After the poo poo both Clarke and Kane pulled, both needs to be executed as soon as they land. How many Wankru are dead because of those two idiots?

But no, no one's pissed, everything's okay and Clarke gets to live happily ever after. It's dumb.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Elias_Maluco posted:

That too. Holy poo poo that was dumb

Yeah, gently caress them. There should be full amnesty for everyone except Kane, Clarke and Octavia, space them 3 genocidal idiots, they became simply irredeemable. But then you cant just kill 3 main characters soo..

At least one can be killed. Both Octavia's fighting prowess and Clark's mass murdering abilities may still be needed. :black101:
Remind me, what has Kane ever done?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Once she decides to go to war rather than being essentially slaves to a bunch of convicted (and as far as we've seen largely unrepentant) murderers, burning the farm was pretty much a necessity. Now she needs to motivate what is a fractured group to fight, which burning the farm does by taking away their options. Without it they need to fight or die.

The point was, the farm didn't need to be burnt and that war could have been completely avoided.

Elias_Maluco posted:

Kane, Octavia and Clarke are all to blame for the carnage and the end of the world. But I would say Octavia is the most forgivable of them 3

Octavia, has the above poster said, understood that to ensure survival they need to control the valley. Which was true, even if she was wrong about everything else and did some pretty awful stuff to force the war

Kane was so appalled by Octavia tyranny he decided she should not be allowed on the valley, ok. Except that to beat her he decides to help the evil dude that in the few days he was in command of the convicts had already proven to be a total psycho cruel tyrant, even worst than Octavia. And if he really believed for a second that McCreary would do anything but genocide or, in the best case, enslave all juancru (including himself, Gyoza and the doctor), he is criminally dumb and needs to die anyway

Than we got Clarke, who just went "I LOVE MADDY I NEED TO PROTECT HER !!! SHE CANT BE COMMANDER, TOO DANGEROUS !!! SO I WILL BETRAY MY OWN AND HELP THE EVIL VILLAIN WIN AND HAVE ACCESS TO NUCLEAR WEAPONS, IM SURE HIM AND HIS GANG OF DANGEROUS CRIMINALS WILL TREAT US BOTH PRETTY WELL AFTER ALL MY FRIENDS AND ALLIES ARE DEAD !!" which also manages to be both evil and very very stupid

not empty quoting

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Norwegian Rudo posted:

The war could have been avoided by making themselves basically slaves to a bunch of psychotic murderers, living in a desolate post-nuclear hellhole with no prospect for improving their situation. Acting like "peace" was clearly the better option is disingenuous at best.

For one, Monty made it clear that he could revive the wildlife around the bunker. they could have lived of the Hydro farm for a while until he does. So there was a prospect of improvement. Octavia simply chose to disregard that option because ":qq: i ate people in that place :qq:" Sure that was traumatic, but not any more than having half your people get slaughtered in an ambush in the middle of a mountain pass.

When there's about 500 people left total, war shouldn't even be an option. Also, how would they have been enslaved? As far as i recall, a large part of Wankru used to be grounders, who are pretty much all proficient at fighting.

Peace was entirely possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Elias_Maluco posted:

I dont think surrender was a safe option, even when Gyoza was still in command. They still were a gang of convicts who anyway already proved themselves to be some mean bastards

After McCreary became the leader, though, surrender was to deliver themselves to death of a fate arguably worst than death, to expect anything would be just retarded

A really good option, if they werent all dumb jerks, would be:

1- take down Octavia at all costs. It wouldnt be hard if Clarke didint kidnap Maddy after she became commander. At that moment everyone had lost hope in Octavia leadership already, the only reason they were still following her was for the complete lack of alternatives. The instant conversion of that soldier guy Clarke murdered was a preview of what was going to happen with all juancru, Octavia would be isolated, at most with a few die hard zealots, and then could be killed if she refused to follow Maddy

2- secure the goddam farm at all costs

3- hide and protect the pilot so McCreary cant use the ship or the missiles, turn the bunker into a fortress

4- wait until the convicts all die or come crawling for help, due their utter lack of the skills necessary to make a living out of the valley

Everything you said would be cool and good, if it wasn't for Clarke and Kane being gigantic assholes. They tried to hide and protect the pilot, he simply didn't go along with the plan.

• Locked thread