Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Please listen.
I'm not drunk, but it is 5AM and I've noticed something important.
Sure, everyone thinks ASMR Culture is dopey or cringy.
Sometimes its just a joke, but this new stuff is legit.

Today I spent all afternoon binging on them.
At some point I came to a realization.
People just doing silly sounds and tapping is so last year.
Even if the pseudo sexual whispers are still ubiquitous.

It isn't just about making money on Youtube now.
Serious artistic creativity is being produced.

Right now, a wave of meta ASMR content is boiling up.
Every day more brilliant iterations are reinventing the concept.
About one in every fifteen are brilliant.
Lately though, there are some real gems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ryRJAWyScs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
What is piss tape?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's only one true art on Youtube OP and that's people screaming about video games.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
All these years I thought ASMR was some weird sex thing but then I read a wikipedia page on it and it's just that tingly feeling you get in your spine when you listen to really good music or something. I think some religious organizations like to claim it's Jesus but ymmv

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
this poo poo is loving weird op thanks but no thanks

like I get the idea of enjoying the sensations it might trigger or whatever these are supposed to do but at the same time, I can't imagine being so desperate to feel something that I'd listen to some poo poo like this for an hour or more just to farm spine tingles

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

All these years I thought ASMR was some weird sex thing but then I read a wikipedia page on it and it's just that tingly feeling you get in your spine when you listen to really good music or something. I think some religious organizations like to claim it's Jesus but ymmv

Yo this is hosed up I sneak into peoples spines and tickle them for decades now and that fucker jesus gets the credit I mean holy hell does he really need ANOTHER statue

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

reignofevil posted:

Yo this is hosed up I sneak into peoples spines and tickle them for decades now and that fucker jesus gets the credit I mean holy hell does he really need ANOTHER statue

Are you The Tingler

Item Getter fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 20, 2018

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
It might have been about relaxing spine tingles once, but it's all about listening to lip smacking and drool from cute girls these days

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
dude the actually properly done binaural videos are mind bending. It is definitely the future of audio. Not in the youtube foam head girl breathing on it sense . you know what i dont wanna get into it, good bye

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mega64 posted:

There's only one true art on Youtube OP and that's people screaming about video games.

It was YouTube Poop, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

1gnoirents posted:

dude the actually properly done binaural videos are mind bending. It is definitely the future of audio. Not in the youtube foam head girl breathing on it sense . you know what i dont wanna get into it, good bye

he's right you know, this poo poo is next level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5EA5p5lyj8

• Locked thread