Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
progressives: the suburbs are good now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

she's ahead in dupage by a whopping 9-5 vote margin with 50% of precincts reporting

places like chicago, boston, and NYC are going to be the last areas where the establishment is going to crumble on account of the party machines being at their strongest there

honestly considering the opposition has only been really active for like a year its a pretty good result. Hopefully if it goes badly they can take what they've learned from organizing for this race and force more poo poo-libs out on the local/state level.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Agean90 posted:

honestly considering the opposition has only been really active for like a year its a pretty good result. Hopefully if it goes badly they can take what they've learned from organizing for this race and force more poo poo-libs out on the local/state level.
there are going to be a lot of losses in the coming years, but the fact that there have been tangible results in just a short amount of time shows that we gotta keep pushing

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lipinski leading by a 1000 votes counted

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

lol an impending blue wave couldn't unseat this guy, he'll be voting via rigor mortis

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

LinYutang posted:

lol an impending blue wave couldn't unseat this guy, RIP
as i said, the establishment dems in places like chicago are going to be some of the last places where they'll be taken out, because that's where the machine is at its most powerful

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

as i said, the establishment dems in places like chicago are going to be some of the last places where they'll be taken out, because that's where the machine is at its most powerful

establishment dems in big cities are most of the dems :shrug:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

LinYutang posted:

establishment dems in big cities are most of the dems :shrug:
the leftie dems that will win in the coming years are mostly going to be in parts of the country that the national party (and even parties on the state level) has pretty much completely written off over the past eight years, with some scattered victories in traditional blue states. have you seen the crop of democratic challengers in NY congressional districts held by republicans? most of them are godawful

california has a head start because there's been a concerted effort against the machine for the past couple of years, but NY, illinois, and mass are way behind the 8-ball

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Jeannie ives did about as well at primarying an incumbent as Newman did, that's pretty drat funny

turns out the only people who can put the fear of a suicide primary challenge into their politicians are Republicans

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lipinski has already changed his position regarding a 15 dollar wage and the Dream act cuz of Newman's insurgency. There's at least that.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Lipinski has already changed his position regarding a 15 dollar wage and the Dream act cuz of Newman's insurgency. There's at least that.
the mayor of baltimore said she supported a $15 minimum wage when she was a candidate, and she turned her back on that pretty drat quickly. if lipinski ends up lying about this (he most certainly will) then he'll get a more forceful challenge in two years. even then, his track record is pretty awful and supporting both of these things shouldn't stop the outrage against him

edit: dear god, look at all the uncontested primaries for the state house and senate

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 04:11 on Mar 21, 2018

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Why aren't they calling the Newman race yet

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Why aren't they calling the Newman race yet
the votes in dupage county are going to be real slow to come in

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shageletic posted:

yeah, even if he ends up winning, he should be shook that this was close enough and should be better on future issues

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah, even if he ends up winning, he should be shook that this was close enough and should be better on future issues

countdown to him declaring that winning by 2% or whatever is proof that "moderation" is the only path for democrats

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
CHICAGO POLITICS

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
somewhere, somehow, a eerie sensation passes over MIGF

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
migf died irl

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Awesome

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

remember when they were all-in on Rahm running for Prez

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

That just means he'll be back when Rahm dies. No way there's enough room in hell for both of them.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

wait really?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zoran posted:

wait really?

sure why not

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

edit: dear god, look at all the uncontested primaries for the state house and senate

lol the state of the democrats not contesting everything

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zoran posted:

wait really?

yeah gargamel cooked him in a stew

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ZacRussell93/st...genumber%3D4233

Adbot