Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ALFbrot posted:

I only post here when people look like other people, but the lady that shot up YouTube HQ looks like a weird Shangela character and it's freaking me out

Category is: murderously insane vegans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The LSFYL to her insane youtube music videos would be off the charts

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pellisworth posted:

I love Pangina and could watch her endlessly

She just has so much presence and charisma, she instantly drew my eye every time she appeared on screen

Edit: THOSE SPLITS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkWhf89TJ5c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_AjsirLt0A&t=264s

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CaptainScraps posted:

That was 2013 Panpan!

She's had five years to get better since then.

And now she can do THESE SPLITS.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZgH7UCBJI2/?hl=en

I'm going to need someone to draw me a diagram or something to explain how that's even loving possible, I can't even

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

esperterra posted:

Oh man, Blair. A lot of emotional moments on this show feel really contrived or like producer meddling

Yeah the episode literally started with Blair doing a piece to camera about how he's feeling pretty secure and is just so happy to be on the show. I'd had the LSFYL results spoiled for me before I watched which made stuff like that stand out a lot more.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy crap, as soon as they did the "Who should go home?" segment I knew that Untucked was going to be wild and The Vixen sure didn't disappoint.

Giga Pet giveaway posted:

I lost my poo poo when Monet told Kameron everyone onstage had said her and she bought it with no hesitation because of the sincerity of the delivery (and some insecurity issues probs). Full on Latrice laugh.

Ha, I had the opposite reaction and went "Aw no :ohdear:"

esperterra posted:

e: also i love how eureka was like the one girl to not name the vixen but still got the brunt of her anger lmfao

She really genuinely can't understand why Eureka keeps getting praise when she keeps getting critiqued and then got "tossed under the Greyhound" and it shortcircuits her brain.

Accusing someone of being "unprofessional" because they were drawing focus in the Snatch Game (or any time they're on stage, really) is crazy talk, especially when they were getting laughs when they did it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If you think Eureka was obnoxious and a scene stealer as Honey Boo Boo then I guess it's a good thing she didn't do Divine as she originally planned ... :v:

Also I was pleasantly surprised that Kameron played Chyna the wrestler and didn't mention her weird sex tapes but I guess if Whitney Houston's drug problems were off the board then a similar level of restraint applies to other dead celebrities.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

curiousTerminal posted:

Dunno why everyone was so down on Asia's fish mask. Sure the painting on it wasn't perfect but it was creative as hell among all these little mermaids.

It was a really gutsy move but it was also just an off-the-shelf Halloween mask painted in splotchy dayglo colours that clashed with the rest of her outfit and she didn't apply any matching bodypaint to any of her visible skin so it was a really incomplete look. That cheap wig also wasn't doing her any favours.

If she'd cut the chin section off so she could emote with her mouth more, done a better job on the paint work and chosen a better wig it could have looked awesome. Mermaid FX makeup is pretty popular among amateur costumers so there's hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of photos on google that show what's possible.

resting mitch face posted:

Asia's runway was something else. From the neck up, I liked the idea but... maybe she should have watched some Nina Bo'Nina videos on the youtube.

Yeah Nina does some really crazy stuff but she also makes sure that you can recognise her under the makeup, she has a really personalized aesthetic which she brings to everything she does and allows her to shine through which is actually really difficult when you're covering your entire face with paint and prosthetics. Asia got totally lost underneath that mask.

Phi Phi O'Hara is also really good at combining Halloween/cosplay looks with the drag aesthetic

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Eureka's boy hair makes him look like a Tintin cosplayer :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

I would honestly be surprised if Vanjie doesn't show back up this season. They're definitely going out of their way to keep her in the audience's mind, not that they needed to.

I'm genuinely disappointed it hasn't already happened.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
We only just got gay marriage legislated here in Australia a few months ago and friends of mine arranged their wedding to happen last week so they get to spend their honeymoon at Eurovision :iia:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Aquaria bending her head way back so she could see and then talking to an empty couch anyway was just so :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

esperterra posted:

Like Ru said, if Monet slapped on some heels and some bigass hair it would have sold that look tenfold.

Yeah it's probably best if the joke looks are in addition to the glam and not replacing/detracting from it unless they're amazingly funny.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

100% agreed. It was enthusiastic and energetic, but there was nothing new, compelling, or interesting about it.

I'd never seen a taint spiral before so it was new to me. :v:

Plus she was pulling out even more extreme moves than the time she bust her knee in season 9 which I think may have earned her some points.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

I've seen a taint spiral into depression and drug use. It's not pretty.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Spiral taints on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched inseams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. And don't gently caress it up!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Flyinglemur posted:

This morning my 73 year old mother said, in correct context, "If you can't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else? I'll bet you didn't think I actually paid attention, did you?"

She's alright sometimes.

Did you give her an Amen up in there?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy moly that was a fun episode, right from the jump.

Monet finally went back to the big hair and looked amazing but it was all too late. :(

jit bull transpile posted:

Ms Cookie is igniting my dead little heart.

I think Miz Kracker was right when she said Miz Cookie was the actual winner of this episode.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Hottest take on the last page. She's generally fantastic so i knew she would shine, but you could tell she had so much fun. Plus she was apparently guest judging for two with that turtleneck zombie on the other end of the table. Was that kid ok? Or is he just like that

It felt pretty obvious that when he actually piped up for once and disagreed with Ross over something they'd fed him that line and he wasn't even sure what he was talking about.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I thought that everyone's evil twin look was better and more interesting than their 'good' look (except Miz Cracker)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Noise Machine posted:

Why the gently caress couldn't it have been Ashanti that went backstage

I'm guessing that Dunham's PR manager bought her that extra screentime as part of a comeback campaign

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm super curious about that tea but I'll wait until I've seen the finale

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pinwiz11 posted:

Fair enough, I was just thinking about dealing with Tuck Tape. Whenever I was in drag for charity or a show I never had to go that route.

I hope it didn't come across insensitive. :-)

A lack of sensitivity is probably pretty beneficial when it comes to tuck tape

Especially if you rip it off quick like a bandaid at the end of the night

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

zelah posted:

Lasagna Estranga gave us that shot in untucked where she’s standing in the hall with no shoes and a giant pink afro wig crying. Nothing else is worth bringing her back for

Nevar forget
https://www.redbubble.com/people/laganjacrying/works/12283690-laganja-estranja-crying?p=tote-bag&rel=carousel

Whalley posted:

I have a mad crush on Todrick but oof if he hasn't done some choreos where he gives certain people the star treatment and everyone else just gets a "iunno, what've you got?"

That said, that's probably just an editing thing; if you're a choreographer and you're not asking what your dancers can do, you're not good at your job. It does show on stage though, in the early parts of the season choreos when there's still like 200 contestants, that he doesn't give everyone the same level of focus.

I dunno - it's probably just editing because I love that fuckin man and I'd absolutely be putting Aquaria to shame flirting if I was working with him.

Yeah there'd be an entire day's worth of choreography which the editors cut down to about 5 min total for the show and they very deliberately pick the 1% of footage that tells the narrative they want and the other 99% gets left on the cutting room floor. Also Todrick is a professional choreographer trying to make non-professional dancers look as good as the possibly can but also arranging all the backup dancers to complement them as much as possible but at the same time never overshadow them or show up their skills. That has to be pretty difficult.

garthoneeye posted:

On a separate note, I got irrationally angry at Eureka when she used the wrong science story as the origin of her name.

She couldn't put a naked Greek man in a bathtub on her head, even Eureka doesn't have a loaf that big!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I've been watching the new episodes of Queer Eye and in one episode they helped a trans dude who is a HUGE Todrick fan and had based a lot of his wardrobe on Todrick and the Queer Eye guys were like "Who???"
:v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

When Ru was arguing with Asia about The Vixen and said "I have been discriminated against by white people for being black, by black people for being gay, from gay people for being too femme" I was really hoping someone would say "The Vixen has also been abandoned by all those groups .... but now she's been abandoned by the drag community as well."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

The winner each season should be the host of the season after.

Ooh, Dread Pirate Roberts style

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

Drag Pirate Ruberts.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I only just managed to catch the final and wtffffffffff Asia :psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pinwiz11 posted:

Speaking of which, WHERE WERE MY drat PUPPETS?

This is from a week ago but I forgot to reply back then: didn't they do food faces this season instead of puppets? Which was kind of lovely but also kind of funny because the puppets never made anyone almost puke from touching the craft supplies. :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

^burtle posted:

Wait broccoli is man made?

edit: Oh through science and engineering, not like every time.

Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, Brussels sprouts, collard greens, savoy, kohlrabi and several other vegetables are all cultivars of Brassica oleracea and are pretty much the same plant except for appearances, sort of like how all dog breeds are descended from wolves.

They also bring out new cultivars every now and then such as broccoflower and broccolini. I spotted another new one for sale in a nursery last week but I can't remember the name of it.

Broccoli is fuckin' weird, man.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

zelah posted:

I hope y’all vegan worrying about these butterflies. My brother in law and his husband were disgusted because they have friends who raise butterflies. They live in Kansas and have friends who raise cows too, but...

If they'd killed the butterflies humanely (or 'humanely') and then eaten them then you might have a case for comparing them to cows. Killing them in the name of entertainment is something different altogether.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I've only just started Camp Wannakiki but it's already scratching my Drag Race itch. Holy gently caress but Vajay J had me howling.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

warez posted:

Wannakiki E3: Whyyyyyyyy did they save the girl who has not made a single joke thus far and who looks like hot trash every challenge lol. This is bizarre.

CaptainScraps posted:

Wait until the new episode when they challenge people to make a dress out of a tent and she just cuts a hole in the top and wears it.

I agree but her final sign off of "I really hope some of you liked me. We are travesties, and we are beautiful" won me over. I wish we'd seen a little more of that rawness and that honesty before then. On the other hand when you're going up against competitive queens like Alexis and Muffy and Pagan (who put a ton of thought and effort into their runway looks) and super charismatic queens like Vajay J who is a natural performer and really pretty queens like O'Laysia who are going to look amazing whatever they wear I can totally understand why Kevvie was constantly doing pratfalls and dressing as kooky as possible.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CaptainScraps posted:

I'm still amazed at Vajay J's use of comic timing and I think that Alexis's dress for that episode would have easily been top 3 on RPDR.

Vajay J is definitely my MVP. :allears:

I also get the feeling that a bunch of the queens went "Oh a youtube series, that'll be a bit of fun" but Alexis went "Oh hey a chance to do an extended audition for RP's Drag Race MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!" because holy smokes, the difference in effort and quality between the runway looks is a bit crazy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
In a weird move, the youtube series Camp Wannakiki has posted a bonus video for episode 5 showing the costumes and performances the eliminated queens would have presented for this challenge if they were still in the competition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwGX44WWr5c

On the one hand it's great that all that prep work they did for this episode actually got seen, on the other hand it breaks kayfabe and pretty much destroys the illusion of "eliminated queens get sent home" which underpins the whole show.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Camp wannakiki is super good despite the production levels being sub-community tv station garbage

Yeah I love the show too and I get the feeling it'll be a whole lot better in season 2 after they iron out some of the first season kinks.

They made a few weird production decisions, like having the contestants wear exactly the same clothes during all the camp challenges right down to the wigs and makeup. Having the bottom two contestants quietly standing right behind the top two contestants and looking all :( while the judges shower the winners with compliments is also a little odd but it seems like they had to film the second half of every episode in someone's garage which obviously causes major staging issues.

I also wish they'd include at least some 'werkroom' footage of the queens just shooting the poo poo instead of having them in characters the entire season apart from a very very short interview immediately after they've been eliminated. That brief glimpse we got of Olaysia in ep 5 without the airhead stage persona showed a whole different side that we never got to see. The same with Kevvie.

I guess part of the problem is that I'm inevitably comparing it to RP's Drag Race and that show has some really, really talented people behind the scenes who have had an entire decade to figure out how to make it look slick as hell.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nihonniboku posted:

It wasn't super obvious that they filmed all the camp challenges on the same afternoon?

Yeah of course, but they could have at least let them change up their looks between each 'episode' so it wasn't so blatantly obvious.

I'm guessing they filmed the talent show challenges over a few weeks and then got everyone back together when they had access to the camp for a day to shoot all the outdoors footage after they knew who'd be eliminated in each episode, which pretty much explains why a lot of the queens put in completely half-assed attempts at some of the camp challenges :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/Lesdoggg/status/1041913676846968833
:allears:

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J85ck3UrpMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pWaTAPTJrg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43s7KOyFP28

Ha ha ha ha Rick and Morty presented the award :v:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

jimmydalad posted:

That Final 4 was rough cause I love all of them. I could sort of understand why Vajay Jay was the one who was eliminated, but I’m still sad bout it. She’s by far the funniest competition and I’ll miss her presence on the show. It was alarming to she her out of drag though. Such a transformation.

:same:

Although I checked out her Insta account a few weeks back so I wasn't so surprised by her transformation: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhfOlk8n0Od/?hl=en&taken-by=vajay_j_snappinturtle

• Locked thread