Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Philip turns heel by starting time shares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Georgia O’Cunte over here

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nothing rapey about that at all

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Well that took a loving turn :stare:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They all gonna get busted when Henry plays an exhibition against some youth Soviet hockey team and Elizabeth accidentally cheers when the Soviet kids score.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So angry painter is getting the poison pill, right?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:stare:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yeaaaaa this is gonna go horribly wrong

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This lady makes me kinda glad she has cancer tbh

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’s Jennings Festivus!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thank god someone is reasonable

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

beanieson posted:

The further along this season gets the more I feel like Stan & the FBI won’t catch Phil and Liz, Philip is just going to flip sides and ask Stan for help. That’s gonna be a great conversation if & when it happens.

This is my feeling as well

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Epilogue scene: Mail robot is replaced by a human worker. :smith:

Stan’s girlfriend finally gets her FBI job and it’s as the replacement for mail robot

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LinkesAuge posted:

hmm that Stan gets now suspicious feels forced. He didn't really get new information he didn't have before but suddenly he starts to remember things that have always been there? It feels more like the writers just pushed the "Stan finally puts things together" button but without really backing it up within the show, it honestly feels kind of lazy. I'm not too impressed with the overall pacing of this season, it seemed they were building up tension between Liz and Philipp but then decided to release much of it again.
It's also super weird that the politics of this time are not a huge concern for both, you would have thought that this is going to be a major thing in this series, they should be struggling with what is obviously going on in and around the USSR.

I don't really find it that forced. All the pieces have been there for the longest time. They own a mom-and-pop travel agency with like 6 employees and they deal with major clients all over the country that they need to appease on major holidays? The fact that it took a trained FBI agent like a decade to see through that is less believable than the fact that he finally has.

I also don't find it to be much of a leap, really. This is clearly one of those things where the pieces have been there and his relationship with Phillip and Elizabeth kind of clouded the ability to put them together. I don't think it's crazy for an "a-ha" moment to happen. Had the late night trips and weird out of town emergencies started happening now, then sure. But they've slowly built a house of cards the entire way and now Stan is seeing the bigger picture. Also, it's very clear that the entire FBI is at a loss and the idea that Stan would be willing to consider anything at this point seems well in line with what we're being shown in the war room.

The entire department is grasping at any straw they can find right now, so "hey, my neighbors have no extended family, leave at all hours of the night, act strange all the time, maybe something not cool is going on" doesn't seem that unrealistic to me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My guess is Elizabeth and Paige go on a mission, Phillip finds out The FBI is gonna bust it, saves Paige, but doesn’t have time to save Elizabeth and Elizabeth takes the pill.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want Renee to finally get her FBI job and do something that blows the whole case

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LaptopGun posted:

1. Why did Stan offer Philip the loan to bail out the travel agency? Was it some sort of test? He clearly thinks the Jennings are the illegals he’s been looking for. I could see Stan thinking “he didn’t take the money so he must have a secret source of funding.” Or maybe Stan really did offer the loan as a friend in the hopes that his gut feeling his best friend is actually his enemy is wrong.

I think it's just evidence of him being deeply conflicted. I don't know that it was meant to be any more than a way to show that Stan still actually cares about the Jennings' even in spite of what he knows

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I'm calling Stan's wife Renee in having some sort of roll in the demise of the Jennings. Her role and quick insertion in the FBI has been too sudden not to. What's the over/under on hearing a U2 song tonight? Specifically something off the Joshua Tree album?

I feel like her quick insertion is going to lead to their way out of all of this somehow.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Phil should run away and become a lumberjack

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fuckkkkkk

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Matthew Rhys doesn’t win an Emmy gently caress every single old white piece of poo poo in the academy to death

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who else will be nominated? I don’t watch a lot of tv.

Probably some old half dead British fucker from the Crown

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I love the Crown but they didn’t have any especially noteworthy actors this season. There was no Churchill like last year.

I don’t watch it so I have no idea. Old white people love old British white people though so I was just guessing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Paige became Barb from Stranger Things

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The most obvious song choice

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FUCKKKKKKKKKKK

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

When Phillip was looking out the window of McDonald’s I briefly thought Elizabeth had driven off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's the pre-show background we have on Stan that makes the whole garage thing make sense. They've done super hosed up poo poo but I think deep down he feels like they're good people. Mostly because he thinks the same thing about himself to keep the guilt from crushing him. Instead of treating them like they're just monsters doing whatever they have to for their cause, he has a more human response because it's basically the only way he can go on without having to carry that same burden about himself.

Nobody died or went to prison (besides Oleg) but in a lot of ways the fates of everyone are considerably worse than that. Phillip and Elizabeth are back to being lost and alone in a country they don't understand. Henry is totally hosed up forever. Paige is completely alone. Stan lost his best friend and now either has to live with not knowing whether his wife is a spy or try to find out and risk being lonely again.

This show died as it lived, with a lot of non-flashy stuff that has way more subtle and devastating consequences than the flashy stuff does. I thought the finale was brilliant.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 31, 2018

• Locked thread