Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I am currently watching a baseball game live on television and it’s like it never went away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Mexican Radio posted:

The DH is good and cool but pitcher dongers are also good - it's good that we have both.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Bringing this thing of beauty to a new page.

Also, IcePhoenix, are you doing Sano homeruns again this year? Or are we going to have a slight reprieve given his off-field poo poo? I mean... that ball is no longer with us.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

R.D. Mangles posted:

am i the only who has been so poisoned by baseball video games that i can't handle seeing references to erstwhile trump attorney john dowd

You definitely are not. How he ended up with both John Dowd AND Ty Cobb is a baseball mystery.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Inspector_666 posted:

Sho#bae Ohtani

I'm down. Someone get to wikipedia.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Twins preemptively postpone tomorrow's game as well.

It's almost as if building an open stadium in the coldest major city in the US was... a bad idea?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

IcePhoenix posted:

or maybe they just didn't expect literally the worst April ever

:thunk:

I mean gigantic April blizzards aren't exactly unheard of, but I suppose I can concede this April is slightly above average.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

IcePhoenix posted:

dunno if you're just doing a bit or not but after this weekend we'll have broken the record (set in the 1870s) for most snow in April, and we're on track to break the record for lowest average temp (also from the 1800s)

It is kind of weird

I don't know how "It it not uncommon for blizzards in April in Minnesota" or admitting and agreeing that this year is exceptional is a bit?

I love Target Field but I still feel like it should have been at least a retractable roof. Obviously it's all water under the bridge, but it's still ridiculous.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Poque posted:

He ran through home like he had no idea how to stop.

He did appear to be moving at the same speed down the dugout steps.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

IcePhoenix posted:

N: it's raining in Puerto Rico

V: wow why didn't the penny pinching Pohlads spring for a roof on the stadium there? They should have known it would rain at some point!

WHY NOT INDEED. :bahgawd:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

For once people being hit with high-speed projectiles is higher on the north side than the south side.

Holy moly

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Miss u Big Sexy.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Is this where I come to complain about the Twins losing to a team consisting largely of Former Twins? Because god drat c'MON guys. THE RAYS.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Senf posted:

Wait... really? Holy poo poo.

Sure is. Idaho is full of people that can't loving pronounce poo poo.

I mean, so is every other state, but Idaho has that ridiculous Sarah Palin accent on top of it.

ninja edit: And I say this as someone born and raised in the Fargo, ND area.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

IcePhoenix posted:

Jason Stark is on a weekly segment on a local show and they brought up how bad we are against the Yankees. He looked into it.

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/988824043993403392

:stonk:

gently caress the Yankees.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Stop getting hurt, assholes.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Inspector_666 posted:

MLB needs to come up with some ad campaign that involves Lindor, Javy, and Sir Didi just clowning around. Probably Correa too.

Whoa now that sounds like fun and we all know how that went for Puig Your Friend.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Fire the Yankees into the sun.

All of New York, really. Just to be sure. But especially the Yankees.

Also Fernando Rodney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Okay. I take it back. Keep the Yankees (just gently caress them) and fire the Twins into the sun.

• Locked thread