Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

To be fair, "only buying Nintendo consoles" also sucks for people who only buy Nintendo consoles.

Disappointing as it is to my 8 year old self, I just can’t justify owning every video games machine out there. So I go with the people who make the best games :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Albert's currently at 2,984 hits. It's possible he hits his 3,000th in Houston. If he does that I vote that they just replay That One Home Run in a loop for the rest of the game.

E: 2,985.

Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 13, 2018

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

R.D. Mangles posted:

bases loaded ii not only owned but for some reason someone gave me a novelization of the game based on a crooked owner betting against the team and i will remember the plot of it until i die

Whoa, I didn't know there was a Worlds of Power for that title, I would have dropped all my book fair money on it.

Some of that series are pretty rare and consequently valuable; a quick look shows even an "Acceptable" copy of Bases Loaded 2 going for upwards of $60.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Good to see it's business as usual for the Padres - awful starting pitching and a bunch of injuries.

Also, Baseball Stars is the only NES baseball game worth playing hth

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ColdBlooded posted:

Good to see it's business as usual for the Padres - awful starting pitching and a bunch of injuries.

You mean Baseball Simulator 1000?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The best unauthorized baseball game was Ken Griffey Jr Presents Major League Baseball

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bad News Baseball and Super Baseball 2020 for life

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

ColdBlooded posted:

Base Wars didn't have much replay value but it was an amazing rental.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
N64 Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.

"Call me, Call me, Call Me Junior"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX_KZGX4t74

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/cjzer0/status/984629738785427456

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I remember when Clint Hurdle had Tony Watson bean Arrieta in that Wild Card game a few years back because he thought Arrieta was intentionally hitting Pirates in the most important game of the season.

Although in fairness to Hurdle, Arrieta had told the city of Pittsburgh he would own them before the game and then proceeded to own them in what amounts to the coolest thing a Cubs player has ever done.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Hmmm. Get hosed yourself, pal.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the Pittsburgh Pirates took two from the Cubs and continue to sit atop the NL Central.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

IcePhoenix posted:

N: Mauer now has 2,000 hits

V: :unsmith:

Watching the clip reminds me I really need to get a Bummer shirsey before he's not on the team anymore

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
So I'm having a total brain fart. There's a famous black and white picture of an old timey baseball player, crouched in front of a row of bats, picking one up and inspecting it.
For some reason I thought it was Ty Cobb but my lack of luck finding it in google searches makes me think I'm wrong. Does anyone know the picture/player in it? I know it's someone very well known so I'm going to totally feel like an idiot when someone replies to this.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
A reminder that Power Pros 2008 is the best of all baseball games and I will not hear your blasphemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lobVlDlTpp8&t=269s

It's authorized, but you wouldn't really be able to tell from playing Success Mode. Which, to be honest, is the only thing you need to play.

Also Berrios is filthy and I hope he keeps it up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MLB Power Pros and 2020 Super Baseball are the greatest baseball games ever made.

Also Ohtani hit a bases-clearing triple today, more proof that Japan is better than us at baseball games.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

am i the only who has been so poisoned by baseball video games that i can't handle seeing references to erstwhile trump attorney john dowd

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

So I'm having a total brain fart. There's a famous black and white picture of an old timey baseball player, crouched in front of a row of bats, picking one up and inspecting it.
For some reason I thought it was Ty Cobb but my lack of luck finding it in google searches makes me think I'm wrong. Does anyone know the picture/player in it? I know it's someone very well known so I'm going to totally feel like an idiot when someone replies to this.

Think it's Honus Wagner.

http://blog.historyit.com/honus-wagner-and-hillerich-baseball-bats/

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Yep, this is totally it. Thank you so much, that was driving me crazy

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the Pittsburgh Pirates took two from the Cubs and continue to sit atop the NL Central.

I noticed, and hell, I think it's pretty cool.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Does anyone have the pdf of the Baseball Mogul saga?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

First it was RBI Baseball.

Then came many bootleg not licensed games like Extra Innings, Super Bases Loaded, and Base Wars.

Then Ken Griffey Presents Major League Baseball changed my world, only for Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr to confusing redefine it all by giving me players, teams, seasons, playoffs, injuries, tired pitchers, tons more, and the ability to engage in semester long multiplayer seasons with roommates who would get angry at you because you wanted to do anything other than spend all night playing Griffey because you had to go back and forth all the time!

Then MVP Baseball came along with its dynasties and pitching meters and minors and just killed my desire to do anything other than play video game baseball for entire weekends.

And then I became a functioning adult but from time to time I disappear for days on end and my loved ones find me in a deep hole thanks to The Show.

And that's my story.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Backyard Baseball is all you need.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The Roger Clemens game on NES was bad, based on my limited rental experience with it.

Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball was fantastic, tho I was terrible at playing it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Niwrad posted:

He also criticized Contreras. Basically he wants those "kids" to stop showing emotion because baseball apparently should be as boring as possible.

Why can't they act more professional like my guy Sean Rodriguez

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

I'm the only person that's heard of Sporting News Power Baseball. It had the most satisfying home runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XksjCpqieZw&t=1176s

Unf look at that baby go

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

bumming your scene posted:

I'm the only person that's heard of Sporting News Power Baseball. It had the most satisfying home runs.

sorry but that title belongs, unironically, to Winnie the Pooh's Home Run Derby

seriously gently caress Christopher Robin

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is because joey votto takes too many walks

I decided a long time ago that it was actually because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOXLgY7qHv8

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Decided on a whim to go to the Giants-Padres game tonight cause hey, might as well root for the home town team once in awhile right?

Big mistake. My god the Padres are trash.

Can't wait to watch them take 2 of 3 from the Dodgers next week.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

bawfuls posted:

Decided on a whim to go to the Giants-Padres game tonight cause hey, might as well root for the home town team once in awhile right?

Big mistake. My god the Padres are trash.

Can't wait to watch them take 2 of 3 from the Dodgers next week.

But you got to see legendary gold glove 1B Eric Hosmer

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

New Concept Hole posted:

But you got to see legendary gold glove 1B Eric Hosmer
I got to see him fail at the ONE defensive skill he's allegedly good at tonight, catching errant throws to first. He let one fly by that should have been a double play to end the inning and instead it allowed a run to score.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

bawfuls posted:

I got to see him fail at the ONE defensive skill he's allegedly good at tonight, catching errant throws to first. He let one fly by that should have been a double play to end the inning and instead it allowed a run to score.

Aren't you glad

E: I mean probably not but he deserved it for being overrated imo

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 13, 2018

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

HEY NONG MAN posted:

You mean Baseball Simulator 1000?

My man

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Drunk Canuck posted:

I didn't know there was a saga surrounding Baseball Mogul other than they stopped being assed to really update it in any meaningful way.

I remember playing MLBPA Baseball by EA Sports, which I think came out in 1994, and discovering a glitch where if you loaded the bases and bunted directly towards the pitcher the ball would die and no one would attempt to field it and you could keep advancing runners for the bunt grand slam.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Drunk Canuck posted:

Huh, somewhat surprised this link still works. Someone gave it to me last year at some point again when I realized I didn't have it anymore:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkbruogiob0vbxc/Let%27s%20Play%20Baseball%20Mogul.zip

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I had world series baseball 2 on the Sega Saturn. You could play as the diamond backs or rays and make your own team. I made a team of 90s era wrestlers and took the mlb by storm.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

R.D. Mangles posted:

am i the only who has been so poisoned by baseball video games that i can't handle seeing references to erstwhile trump attorney john dowd

You definitely are not. How he ended up with both John Dowd AND Ty Cobb is a baseball mystery.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Good morning everybody. Jose Martinez is real good at hitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I had seats last night in the first row the Angels dugout and despite the Royals playing like concentrated rear end it was a totally awesome game.

ohtani is physically striking, he's incredibly tall and lean and he's got the frame to get way, way bigger. he is also unnervingly fast, he had a bases loaded triple, i was watching the ball go and the redneck behind me said "drat that boy fast" and by the time I look up he's standing on third looking uninterested. by the way, he turned on a 97 mph inside fastball with two strikes and pulled it into the gap.

mike trout is good at baseball. i told my daughter a bunch of times that MIKE TROUT IS RIGHT THERE and eventually she started waving at him when he'd come off. he eventually threw a ball to her which some douchebag old guy intercepted, he was subsequently shamed by everyone and gave her the ball.

i got these tix because I thought ohtani was pitching for some reason but he's scheduled to go sunday, when its supposed to be like 25 degrees out. god dammit

• Locked thread