Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Hey I just apped to Marble, same username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

New Leaf posted:

So with the Raid, I just pick a lane and fight to the end? Is that it? I beat the "boss" of my lane, but there seems to be a big boss that I can't reach as its at the end of the middle lane. Based on his Power Level, he'd curbstomp me, but still.. Just making sure I'm not missing something.

Yeah the level 25 raid has 3 lanes and 3 slots for players, so each person needs to clear their lane in order to get 100%. The higher raids have more players and more complex layouts so you'll end up with multiple people in the same lane working towards a boss or intersection.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

The consensus I've seen other places is Quake, but I don't know why since I have neither.

Seems like there are plenty of other tanks that are comparable to Drax, while Quake is one of the best damage dealers. Also in the Iron Man event your team can only be SHIELD units and she is one.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Does anyone have a list handy of the characters with AOE abilities that are ready on turn 1? Punisher, Hand Archer, one of the SHIELD minions are the three I know of but I think there's a few more.

Edit nm I went through the list myself:

Hand Archer
Hydra Rifle Trooper
Iron Man
Punisher
SHIELD Assault

I thought there was one more but I don't see it, maybe the last slot on a Punisher+minion aoe team is just a cleave instead of a full aoe?

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 10, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Iron Man's AOE hits harder and does that special animation when Cap is on the team.

Iron Man requiring five SHIELD tags all at 5* (310 shards each to get there) does seem pretty steep. Maybe when that event rolls around they'll let people get him at 3 or 4* too?

Chilichimp posted:

Mercenary Soldier has a grenade* available turn 1.

edit: fixed

That's a cleave (target + adjacent) rather than a true aoe though which is what I am looking for. I think I might have to settle for that though. This is for a blitz lineup that takes advantage of minions having relatively lower power since they have one less skill than heroes/villains, so being able to do a bunch of AOEs on turn 1 can give you a big enough advantage to beat teams with substantially higher point values.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 10, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Healers are great for raid, and yeah you'll want to field as many teams as possible for blitz as long as you can win. In blitz I tend to pair my mediocre supports/healers with xbones since they can stealth him and keep him alive, and with him being the highest points on the team, his aoe really wrecks enemy teams.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

At higher tiers it doesn't work very well. At tiers 7 and 8 last blitz, a balanced team with like 15k power would put me against an opponent at like 18-19k. Tough, but doable with a good comp. When I switched to daredevil and some lowbies, my ~4k team was up against 9-10k teams. At low tiers it works fine with DD or Gamora since they can oneshot half the team in the opening turn, but later it seems like the gap just gets too wide.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

fishtobaskets posted:

AoE blind is apparently super awesome.

It is, especially against AI. Having him on defense isn't great since people will play around it but the AI just ignores it and will blow their big AOEs/nukes while blinded and totally waste them.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

This game has a story???

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I started a few days after the global release, my top 5 is all level 41/42 except one level 45 who must be whaling to level faster, his team is like 27k and the others are 21-23k, my defense at rank ~100 is 21k.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

RosaParksOfDip posted:

So I got a lucky 50 iron fist from a premium orb, unlocked bullseye and am getting wolverine tomorrow. Who the hell do I focus first and I have no idea what my teams should be... Is iron fist worthwhile? My hero team is currently spoder, big Poppa pun, sweet Christmas, not Matt Murdock and the shield healer chick. Who do I dump to fit those two in? Drop Spidey for Mr davebo and not bother with iron fist?

Fuckin hell I do not have the resources to level them all easily...

Healers are generally not great for most parts of the game and the shield medic is a mediocre healer in the first place.

I'd work on Iron Fist over Bullseye, plus it seems like you'll have some nice Defender synergies.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Man, I just spent the final 10 minutes of the arena trying to hit the person at #5 and it gave the "Opponent is engaged in another battle" or whatever message the entire time. I wonder if he found a way to bug it out, or do people at the top ranks just stall matches the full 5 minutes at the very end to lock their place in? I'm still happy with finishing at 7 but I could have beaten his team for sure and it would have been worth spending the 25 cores since the reward increase is more than that.

Now that the timer ended I can attack him, oh well.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

It's a shame it works that way. Other games still have a scramble at the end of the timer of people trying to push higher but at least there, you can actually fight and it comes down to your defense getting some lucky wins or you having an offense that can burn through teams faster than others. Arena here only allowing one person to hit at a time since it's a direct swap instead of a point/rating system seems real clunky in comparison. Especially with how high the rank rewards scale here inside the top 5 and the fact that you can get Quake and Drax from there.

Also, as amazing as Cap is, it seems like he never taunts on turn 1 on defense which seems dumb. I can usually kill the enemy Quake or Yondu or Xbones very quickly because of that, and it makes me want to build Drax and run him on defense asap.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I beat the game yall. Being on a garbage tier arena shard is pretty great. :toot:

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Drax is probably better on defense than Cap anyway since the AI is bad at using Cap. Although I think you're better off just running your 5 highest power guys since I bet most people just look at that number when deciding who to attack and getting attacked less often is better.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Drax is a cosmic too which most people need.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

If we can just barely hit 60% in a 40 for a couple days, does that mean it's time to start cracking open 50's?

No, you will not be able to hit 30% in a 50 until you are comfortably 100%ing level 40s. We just learned this lesson in Hebrons, we can 100% a 40 if everyone is on the ball, and I think we stalled out at like 18% on the 50 we just tried.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 16, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

You guys should be able to unlink from Facebook if it's causing issues. I connected to it when I started to get Daredevil and then immediately unlinked without any problems.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

My standard raid team is Cap, Yondu, Quake, Gamora, NN. Sometimes for the 40s I'll run a different team one node just to prep Xbones AOE but that really hasn't been necessary yet.

Some of the youtube guides on raids are really bad. A lot of them don't seem to understand that skill energy rolls over from fight to fight and waste skills at the end of fights when they could just use the basic attacks to finish stuff off and go into the next fight with everything fully charged.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Thanos/Infinity War event is starting tomorrow supposedly. There's going to be a Thanos raid apparently.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I've had Hulk sitting at the top of my roster waiting to be summoned for like 3 days now. I'm not sure when I'll actually summon him since I have no intentions of building him any time soon so it's just a waste of gold. Maybe I'll get him and partially level him if I need another blitz tank or something but it's nowhere near my top priority.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

We're at 12.3k keys, need 14k for the level 35 raid. Popping a level 25 would be silly at this point IMO.

The second to last Thanos mission reliably crashes for me as soon as vision does his first attack. Annoying.

Apparently upgrading to iOS 11 fixes it, I'll verify this afternoon since I need to be on wifi to update.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Thanos raids use a different pool of energy btw, it's purple instead of green, so people shouldn't hold off on attacking normal raids to try and save it for thanos or whatever.

I'm not sure about the healing charges though, can anyone confirm whether those are shared across both types of raid?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Zotix posted:

So since there seems to be some interest, which alliance should we make the high level super try hard alliance?

Probably need to specify whether it's beta or launch players too, even though they can be in the same alliance there is still typically quite a gap in team power between the two groups.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

And even though raids do give more rewards to higher damage people, the differences generally are pretty small while the 30/60/100% tiers are big jumps which I think does a good job of incentivizing teamwork.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Just wanna say that the campaign difficulty changes hosed and players who didn't go hard from beta and/or day 1
I finally got around going back to the villain campaign and even with Tier 7 lvl 45 Yondu, Crossbones + Elektra poo poo is bullshit rough
They need to have an elite mode and not lock people out of content so quick

I'm not even going to try to progress any of the campaigns for the next few days, hopefully they'll roll things back a bit. Luckily I've 3 starred enough character nodes and equipment components up to tier 7 to keep me busy for a while.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Drax spawning with taunt and then getting taunt+def+counter (with lifedrain) on his first turn is very good. He’s probably the best pure tank along with Cap, although Thanos looks like he’ll be very good as well.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I don’t know if he is mathematically better than crossbones, but I’ve really enjoyed running with a tier 6/level 43 Hawkeye lately. He and quake can shut people down if they are working in concert and he is great at clearing buffs. I haven’t played around enough with his aoe is strong enough to warrant moving xbones from my front line team (does blind make it so people miss more often?), but I feel like he brings more to the table for a raid group since you aren’t just sitting around forever waiting for an aoe to power up.

Blind makes their next attack miss 100%, yes. Buffs/debuffs in this game in general are stupidly good, that’s why Quake and BW are basically the two most powerful units in the game.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 21, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

Unlocked Drax and Night Nurse today. Now to farm the exorbitant amount of gold and items to level them both to 46 and get them raid/arena ready. :negative:

Yeah between Drax, Quake and Cap I needed so many goddamn Improved MRIs and I think I only have 3 nodes that I can auto complete for them.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

HebrewMagic posted:

Is this for the regular Ultimus raid or the Thomas raid? Either way I'm ready to die and be carried to Valhalla.

My A team is shaping up nice, I've got Night Nurse pushing like 8k. My B team is... Really falling short. Anybody got suggestions on who to kit for my fallback? Team A is Yondu/Winter Soldier/Drax/Wolverine/Night Nurse. B team usually ends up with Quake and Xbones, with everyone else just being who's strongest that day.

Put Quake on your A team, seriously. Even if she doesn’t hit hard (and she does when skilled and geared), keeping all the enemies slowed gives you a large enough turn advantage for NN to work wonders. Drax Yondu NN Quake plus either WS or Wolverine should be fine for an A team for most stuff, and ideally you’ll end fights at nearly full health (pay attention to # of enemies remaining, don’t waste big skills when basic attacks will suffice, etc) and not need a B team at all. Position Drax on one end with Yondu and Quake as far away from him as possible, try to have Yondu’s summon ready at the start of each battle, and they will help you heal and kill things before they get an attack off. Anything that does hit you will hopefully be targeting Drax so your squishy summons should be far away from him so they don’t get chained/cleaved too much. I save Yondu and Quake ultimate skills for when it looks like I might take a lot of damage, otherwise I just use their basics to prolong fights so NN gets more turns.

Zotix posted:

So I'm at like 265k for blitz points right now. I'm debating on whether I can skate by with the 6 free refreshes I'll have over the next day and a half before it ends. Or whether I should use blitz cores tomorrow to push to 400k+ to secure the top 500.

BP was 287k and BW was 210k before that.

How many blitz cores have you spent? I can reach tier 5 after day one but that’s with doing some 25 cost fights with various teams, but then the next morning my A team gets one free fight and then is right back to 50 cost, or maybe 1 fight at 25 before jumping to 50. And every remaining refresh works the same way so I can get like 50-60k a day from free fights with my A/B/C teams but anything beyond that costs a lot of cores.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 25, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Zotix posted:

I'm doing 9 paid battles a day with my a team. Those paid battles can be with blitz shards or cores. So the first 3 are 25 cores x 3. The second 3 are 50 x 3. And the final 3 are 100 x 3.

But then the next day it starts at 100, or 1 at 50 and then 100, doesn’t it?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

As long as you’ve seen the good killshot animations in 1x I don’t think you really miss out on anything playing at 3x, and other than some very endgame raid nodes the timer won’t ever be an issue.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Zotix posted:

So i pushed hard as gently caress for Thor, just to get 699 rank, with 360k score. Just to find out that I'm on the Beta Blitz server for some reason. I'm not sure if that's actually a bad thing though. If I'm on the beta server, and I pulled 360k after 3 weeks of playing and basically did that with 1 team, then I should theoretically be getting better and better each blitz that I try. Most of those players have a power level much farther ahead than I am, and they won't continue to grow like I will.

That sounds more like the launch shard than beta based on score/position. Who was the winner on your shard?

E- never mind, guess the two shards had closer cutoffs than I expected. I could have made top 500 if I had spent like 200 blitz cores apparently. That’s probably a good sign for the Strange blitz where I’m going to actually push for it.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 27, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

The $10 starter packs are by far the best offer anywhere in the game, even if Thor isn't quite as big of a game changer as Cap or BW.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Maybe they have data for their playerbase that we don’t but I agree, the way they restrict offers really seems like they’re throwing money away.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

We've been clearing 40 raids in under 12 hours for days now just for reference. 50 is a big jump.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

RosaParksOfDip posted:

He's a good sustain replacement for xbones in raids. With Drax and night nurse he's good at grinding enemies down and alternating taunts. Barring teamwide attacks or unlucky chains, they'll keep squishies up for days. I'm not a fan of that teamup on boss fights tho since they're built for longer fights and you really don't want bosses using their ults if you can avoid it. Much prefer a precharged xbones to nuke stuff down hard.

For reference I have him at about 45 with gear 7. Skills are on the lower end tho. I haven't been impressed by the scaling on the damage numbers thus far per upgrade.

His passive and AOE are probably worth keeping maxed if you use him a lot. The AOE gaining damage plus also a higher drain percentage as you skill it ends up having a bigger impact than youd think. Getting his second skill to where it always applies offense down is good too.

That being said, I have Cap and Drax on my A team and Xbones on my B team and will really only need Thanos as another body in the cosmic (and eventually mystic) campaign.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

New Leaf posted:

I'm not on the same team, but in Catman's Shameful Secret we ran into a raid node node that somehow got cut off from access to anyone that prevented a 100%. It was frustrating as hell.

Yeah you really need to get people to look at the connecting lines between nodes to see which direction they are moving. Having a few of your heavy hitters wait until other people have fizzled out is usually a good idea but it’s tough because they are also usually the most active and want to start clearing poo poo ASAP.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Quake, Yondu, NN are basically required if you want to be able to do raids efficiently. I also use Cap and Gamora but those are a bit more flexible. Quake lets you get a lot more turns compared to the enemies and saving her ult for the right time makes difficult waves much easier, NN heals for the most by far, and Yondu's summons help a lot plus his buff stealing/dispelling and aoe are also really really good.

Everyone should be building Quake and Yondu anyway because of how good they are in every part of the game. My NN is only 3* with skills at 4/4/4/2 and she does fine even in the later nodes of the 50 ultimus raid, she is gear 8 with the health item too though to make her tankier (and her heals scale based on her HP).

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I don’t mind fighting either Thanos or Xbones, it seems like hp scales up faster than their aoe damage so even if xbones detonates in arena/blitz it isn’t a huge deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

One cool thing about Hand Archer, summoned or regular, is his AOE damage+dispel has 100,000 focus which makes him the only dude that can essentially be guaranteed to clear taunt from Thanos. Thanos gains 10k resist from his passive while taunting, the only other reliable dispel for that is Jessica Jones (her third skill has a +10k focus modifier) but she can still be resisted sometimes.

• Locked thread