Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

Yeah, the drugs ran out. A few days ago I lost control and shifted after school when I was trying to find a place to take some meds (shut up, it's medication. Just cuz they don't come from a doctor...) and Mike decided to follow me around, making comments about me using. When I felt I was going past the point of no return, I ran off and just ended up messing up someone's car and making a racket somewhere. Let's hope nobody saw that.

Anyway, ever since then, I've been upping my doses. And it's been a chill few days, but turns out one of my stashes was found by dad, and he flushes them. Never confronts me about it. He knows better No, he just doesn't... he knows that might be risky. But it means I ran dry. So I'm sitting here, drumming without rhythm on my table and my bottom lip a bit raw from how much I've been chewing it. But mostly, I'm annoying by everything. Like every thing anyone does is an itch, and I just gotta make sure not to scratch or it'll get bloody even if it probably would feel good

Don't think about it. Don't think about that disgusted glances from Mike who knows what's up, or thinks he does. Don't think about that smell that draws your attention and has you looking around for a hidden threat until you remind yourself that, yes, it's still Ivy, there she is. Watch her walk, commit her to memory. See her whisper to Ming. You know where she is, she's no threat. Cool down. Don't think of Ryan, don't think of challenging him and making him submit see him leching at ivy. It doesn't matter. It's none of my business. I don't want trouble.

Don't think of Blonde and Blonder in front of me, talking about some romantic movie and about weddings and how envious Sumati is of Chastity. About how happy she must be to have a man who's a real man, who takes care of her, who knows what he wants and takes charge in a relation and other 19th century poo poo. (The gently caress happened to her? Must have got religion.) And don't even let that 'other side' even start about how you'd show them 'taking charge' or you're gonna need to shower all day. I'm not like my mom, that is not what I want.

But they keep loving chatting and I'm starting to beg for that drunk Taylor to walk his hungover rear end in here, when I get an idea. Problem one: Chastity keeps flapping her mouth. Problem two: Ryan keeps going after Ivy and I keep noticing.

I lean forward, rudely bumping into the conversation. "Yeah, your relation gotta be really strong for you to trust Ryan as much as you do, Chastity. I mean, the way he's looking at Ivy, I figure he needs condoms for his eyes."

Problem... solved?

Shogeton posted:

Name: Gary Reynolds
Look: Unkempt, Savage Eyes
Origin: ancestral power

Stats

Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile 2 Dark -1

Moves

Primal Dominance
When you harm someone, take a String on them.

Unstable
When you become your Darkest Self, mark experience.

Sex Move

When you have sex with someone, you establish a deep spiritual connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection (by having sex with someone else) add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self

You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your
way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Your Backstory

You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

You’ve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Gain two Strings on them (Ivy)

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Perfect. Got rid of them, without risking this escalating or something. Was kind of hoping she was gonna go after Ryan, but that doesn't seem to be her style. Guy probably enjoys his girlfriend doing that.

Well, whatever, Eve's a big girl, she can handle herself. And quick look shows that Mike's busy. So I lean to the right a bit. "Hey Chris." I talk softly. Chris has been here longer than me, and you know, is using some things as well. Not really one to judge right? "Man, I'm stressed as hell over here. Really got some bad tension going on. You got any lead where I could get something to help me relax? I got the feeling I'm gonna have a hard time getting through the day without biting someone's head off like this." I give him a friendly smile, or at least show teeth.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

There is some things going on, some drama, but it doesn't matter. I have a lead. These things prevent Chris from doing stupid poo poo because of what some part of him says? That's what I need. I need those pills. I could go to the doctor, but this kind of thing always needs parent's permission won't it? And dad would never go for it. There's ways around it. But first I should check if it works.

Step overthere and take them. He cannot stop me.

No, he gave me a good hunt. I owe him more than that. I turn my chair to face his desk, lean in a bit closer. I kinda need to with how much he's whispering "poo poo, that sounds like what I could use too. I mean, not voices, but I get some really stupid ideas sometimes" I smile at him. "Dude, mind sharing that wealth a bit? I mean, you can always tell the doctor you fat fingered one and it fell in a sink or something right? I mean, you help me out, and I'll help you out, right?"

Oh yeah, there's also the fact that Chris apparently got some issues as well. I ain't one that can really point fingers there, can I?

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6+1 Gary turns on Chris = (1+5)+1 = 7

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

I take the pills and grin. Though part of me really is worrying. That monotone is sounding a bit disconcerting. Maybe I should think about thi...

The brawl erupts, the coppery smell of blood fills the air, mixing with Ivy's scent, and my eyes suddenly focus on the brawl, and I know my lips are still affixed in a grin as I figure I'll wade in and...

Nope, I can deal with creepy monotone. I toss one of those pills in my mouth and bite down on it, crunching it between my teeth. Why the hell does everyone need to keep doing this poo poo on the day I'm running low on medicine.

"Thanks, Chris! Sure hope they do. Tell me if I can do you a solid later right? Gotta do something about this."

I walk up to the brawl, just in time to hear Jessie go down in a bad way. I move to try to pull Ming off of him. "Alright, enough of that!" If possible, I try to make sure I'm between the two of them. Oh poo poo, Jesse looks hosed up.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

I make sure to face Ming first. She is the winner, and so needs to be addressed first. To show her my back would invite an attack and be disre... god drat it! Still, she's the one most likely to throw another punch, with both of her arms working, so I face her. And she just smiles with blood on her and I'm suddenly feeling a heat. I don't know how I feel about Ming Fan, you know, the whole pronoun thing. I use she and her cuz I don't wanna start poo poo or be an rear end in a top hat.. But, I dunno. She used to be a he, and I'm not into that, right? But right now, I know that 'that other part of me' either doesn't give a poo poo about gender, or sees her as female. And a strong female at that.

I look away from her and stammer. "Yeah... ah... just eh... I figure we can leave it at that... I'll deal with Jessie. You eh... you take care"

(act embarassed.)

"That's me. Just call me Mother 'loving' Theresa." I say with irritation. "Now, I'm gonna get your rear end to the doctor, if I've got to carry over my shoulder if I have to, so be a good boy and don't give me any more trouble, you got that?" I stare him in the eyes, angrily. drat it, can't way for these pills to kick in. He's challenging me, and I can't really get myself to look away until he does.

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6+1 turn on Jessie = (6+6)+1 = 13 (take a string + Self/promise/embarassed)

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 5, 2018

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

The hell...? I'm trying to figure out what is up with Jessie, but I'm not gonna go back on what I said. Can't just let the guy drop back to the floor. I'm not gonna haul him over my shoulder or something so I figure I'll just grab him in my arms, one under his back, one under his knees, holding tight. I look around the class. Don't think anybody's gonna snitch on this. Most folks in this place know better than to snitch. Teachers don't give a poo poo, and other students very much DO give poo poo.

"We're gonna say you tripped and landed badly. No reason to make the teachers pretend there's something to give a poo poo about."

So I head into the hallway, carrying Jesse along. It's not unpleasant having him helpless in my arms. 'I'm all yours' he said. Don't think too much about that. He's just flirting to start poo poo. Or just in shock for the broken arm. I hold him tighter and vaguelyi realize I'm smiling? The drugs. Yeah, must be the drugs. No reason I'd feel good about holding a guy in my arms. Wonder what is up with him that he starts poo poo like that. Is he... like me perhaps? Is he also dealing with the same poo poo? Holy gently caress, if someone could understand what I'm going to...

I walk past the hallways that's the shortesst way to the doctor's office. I'm not really paying much attention where I'm going really. "So, what was up with that? You got a problem with Ming or Tammy, or just having a poo poo day?"

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 6, 2018

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

I suddenly feel a bit vulnerable, which is odd, considering I'm the one holding him while he has a broken arm. I mean, it's not... not exactly. It's not a hole. It's more like a fire, or a flood, or just... emotions that I don't want to feel. But the fear of losing control. Yeah, I can... I can feel that. And I so, very much want someone to understand. So maybe it's not quite what he has, and maybe I shouldn't tell him, but I just say. "Yeah." and nod. "Yeah, I suppose I do." I bring out and take a deep breath.

I mean, I can't really tell him I'm a werewolf. It's too nuts. But, you know... I can say plenty while not talking about the fur and the claws and the fangs, right? "There's days where every look feels like a slap in my face. When every sound that annoys me is like a kick against my shins. All the drama and the petty little power plays and I just think that maybe I should just start tearing in them, make it loving crystal clear who's the top dog." I feel my voice getting a bit heated, and I turn it back. "Yeah, so sometimes you gotta, let off some steam, right? Just so you're still a... somewhat decent person."

"Mostly, I try to keep it down with pills, and just keeping my head down and staying out of things."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

I stagger like he's unleashed a rain of punches on me. I'd opened myself up, thought to have someone understand me (or maybe I do have someone who understands me) and it's like he opened up a full assault. I drop him, but he's holding my collar, and he can probably stand by now, stepping back in shock, unable to even think of a response. He knows. He knows exactly what I am? Did he see? Did dad send him? Did mom? And he's not one, but also a monster?

Only when he grins at me like that, does anger overcome shock, and I press him against the wall. "You don't loving know me!" I snap. "I am taking these pills BECAUSE I want to feel less! Because I'm tired of the loving noise that's going on every time something happens! A loving few hours of emptiness, of being able to go through a day without having to hold abck sound like a goddamn treat! And whenever I indulge! Whenever I do hurt someone, it feels good for a second, and then I feel like absolute poo poo afterwards! Because I'm not a psychopath! I like people! I want to be with people! I don't want the only people around me to be the ones I terrified enough they don't even have the courage to run away! I want more!"

"And if you don't have the strength to deal with whatever it is that's wrong with you, fine! Maybe I'll just deal with it!" Those last words are snarled and I know I'm bringing my fist back. he's a monster, a threat to every here. He's a threat and he's crippled and he's in my territory and I can kill him

I freeze and let go, killer intent replaced with a moment of terror at what I'm close to doing. without a word, I turn and run.

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6+2 Fleeing Jessie = (4+4)+2 = 10: Get away to a safe place, give Jessie the condition [i]Psychopath

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 15, 2018

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

I head towards the river. It's the place where I can swim. In the water, the world and everthing sounds a lot further away, and you can't smell anything and I can just... relax for a moment. I don't make it quite that far, falling exhausted on the ground, my eyes burning as I pound on the ground. With the adrenaline in fading and the rage vanishing now that there isn't something to be angry at, there's just the fear and the crushing disappointment. I was this close to killing him. I mean, I get close to violence a fair amount of time, and you know, outright gave in, but it was always more 'showing them their place' when I gave in. Right now, I was just about ready to kill him.

About to kill one of the only persons who could understand me.

And that person seemed to think he should just give in.

Am I the stupid one? Shouldn't I try to fight it. Should I just beat up everyone who gave him lip till they give me what he want? There was the idea of a bruised and bleeding Jessie, on the ground and pleading and then I'd...

NO!

I am going to win. I am going to be better. And I am going to get Jessie to do it too. That way, we can help eachother. I wipe his hands over my face. . I should get myself washed up though. Someone sees you crying in this school, and there jeering isn't gonna stop till I kill someone. Meds or not. Alright, screw the classes for now, let's go to... Huh. That smell. No, not Ivy. Others from my class. Smelling a bit stronger. Like they been running or practicing or something.

Huh, curious. I get closer. Usually, this place is pretty empty.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 18, 2018

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

The smell. Oh yeah, with some extra contest, I can detect some undertones that I thought were sweat, but weren't. gently caress, yep, that's gonna be awkward looking them in the face.

Jealous? I guess. I mean, I think I could have someone. Had some... interested parties in the past. But whenever I start to feel affection, or just plain old lust at someone, that other part of me is also along for the ride and I... scare myself. They look so drat satisifed, so happy. drat it, I want it. It doesn't even have to be a lifelong thing. Just that moment... Maybe that'd make me feel better?

Or maybe it'd just make it worse.

Wait... hold that thought. Destroy him? I hold absolutely still. Last thing I need is more violence. The hell are these two planning? They thinking to hurt Jessie perhaps, after his show in class?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster

How the hell did he see me? He wasn't even looking in my direction. I briefly freeze, but it's clear I'm spotted. And then Ivy and Ming are there and her smell is on Ming and I feel a stab going through me. Everyone has someone to be with, except me. My thoughts turn to Jessie and that dangerous smile. I guess... I could have, at some price. I mean, he wouldn't be an innocent would he? Look, no, don't loving think about that right now. Deal with the situation at hand. David is trying to overwhelm me, and it feels like a challenge. I meet his look with a stare.

I get up and walk forward, like I own this place and they're the tresspassers. Hey, this place is where I usually take a swim after all. Yeah, they're the intruders in my territory. "Just came here for a swim. Then heard you talking like you're planning to sink Ryan beneath the waves or something. Figured I prefer not to get noticed by someone that might be talking murder."

Was Jessie right? Is everyone in this school a terrible person? Is everyone a terrible person? Am I just trying to do the impossible here?

Then David talks about Ryan like an alpha wolf, and I feel my temper flare, fists clenching and teeth grinding against each other. Flashes of seeing Ryan in front of me, submitting to me, raising a hand up in surrender in front of all his packma friends. I'd be better, kinder. I could take over and make sure poo poo is run properly.

I look at David. "So, if you're not suggesting a beatdown, and you're not suggesting involving the teachers, what are you suggesting then, David? Don't dance around this." I step right up to him.

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6-1 Shut down David = (5+6)-1 = 10: I will take one forward.

I look as River pretty much offers her complete submission to Ming, who has her... pelt? What is going on here? David is wanting to destroy Ryan, because River asks him to, because Ming, who is assisted by Ivy is blackmailing her with some pelt, because Ryan is harassing her. 'they don't send decent people to Elm Hall' Jessie's words ring in my head. I just want some goddamn peace. I feel my nails digging in my palms.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 2, 2018

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

[quote="Shogeton" post="483707608"]
Gary Reynolds

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster

I hate feeling like this. I hate the rage, and the violence, and the fact that it makes me feel so powerful. I try to keep quiet, to avoid this poo poo. But that means that this pale little poo poo thinks he can just challenge me to my face, in the same breath as saying how weak he is. Insults Ming too. All the while the girl is just whimpering. Just because I don't go Ryan, means he thinks he can treat me like this? I will loving show him...

[i"]We're monsters."[/i]

I reach back and ball my fist. I feel that glee start to build, I yearn for that feel of knuckles on jaws, and the sight of him pained and scared on the ground. I did this dance plenty of times.

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6+3 Lash out at David = (1+2)+3 = 6 Even with the Forward, doesn't help. But get my first xp.

Only this time something weird happens. All the fire suddenly snuffs out, my arm going limp by my side. There is a... calm. My thoughts seem distant and it's hard to hold on them, but at least they're unclouded. I don't remember any downers making me feel this... calm before. I'd probably be cheering, except I can't really feel much of that either. I look at all of them, looking so excited with a vague amusement, like it's a movie I'm watching. I was caring a lot about it. I probably would too if not for the pills.

"Hmm...." I say "I just eh... wanted to make sure you didn't want to kill him. I mean, you could always have put something in his food or something. You can kill folks without fighting them. But yeah... he's got to look weak. We're all saying the same thing, just in slightly different ways." There's a faint sense of amusement, and it's the most intense feeling I get since this started. I look at Ivy again, the smell just a thing now, like the sound of water, the feel of my clothes. My eyes are half lidded as I speak in a monotone voice. "Ruin him socially, make a fool of him in front of his crew. That's not that different is it? Just... take a chill pill." Again, that faint, distant feel of amusement. "and let's think how... Ryan's the leader of his pack. Top dog. His pack is the football team. Take his pack, you take everything. What would make him lose that?"

I think for a moment and then shrug. "If he was found sleeping with dudes I guess? Probably causes his girl to break up too" I continue to speak in a that voice, placid as a calm lake.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 6, 2018

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster

Ming smiles at me. I like Ming. She's willing to get into a scrap. She's strong. "Maybe I will. I'd need to be giving it for the team, not taking it. Otherwise it might not work as well." My voice continues to flow as steady and uninterrupted as my thoughts. I probably should feel some more objection to the idea of seducing Ryan, not to mention some stress at revealing the whole 'wait, I'm into guys' things, but right now, all that sounds like worries that are oh so far away. I kind of like Ming's style, and this would solve the problem.

Give Ming what he thinks she wants. Gary is going to try to seduce Ryan

As Ivy talks I turn to her. "Only if he's shown to be too weak to lead, or betrays them." Another idea comes floating downstream. "We could fake an opportunity to go to another school. A better school. Because he's a good player. Fake letters, fake phonecalls. Record and keep his responses. Show that he'd leave this school and his team if he has a shot at somewhere better. Gather enough evidence, then spread it to his teammates and girlfriend. Between the anger from his friends and the disappointment of not getting to leave this school and become a star athlete, he'll fall."

Again, there's some stirring like maybe I should feel something about that plan, something negative, but it's distant and irrelevant. It's a sensible plan, right?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster, suggestible

I'm so used to any kind of standing up to me, any kind of attempt at taking leadership means I feel the annoying need to assert authority, whether it's Ryan swaggering, a teacher assigning homework or getting criticism to a plan, that its absence is kind of weird. I'd probably be either real giddy about it, or maybe even worried, but all I feel is vague contentment, going with the flow. Like my whole mind is in a warm bath. When Ming suggests the second plan I nod with a faint smile. "Yeah... the second plan does sound better."

I look with relaxed, half lidded eyes, vaguely following the exchange between River and Ming. Sounds like she's offering sex? Sure, why not? There's a vague flicker of reluctance at that, and a flash of someone else, but it's really hard to focus, and I don't wanna right now. I've had a rough day, and these folks got it all figured out, right? "Sounds good, River." I say in the same vaguely content voice."We all work together, we all get a reward."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

Man, everyone's arguing. Why are they all so high strung. They look like they could use some pills too. I vaguely pay attention. Oh, she meant fish. I vaguely smile. That was kinda funny, how things got in a misunderstanding. Nobody else seems to think it's funny though. Yelling and insulting. Real good thing I'm on these pills now, or I'd probably be yelling too and trying to take charge and that sounds so annoying.

Ivy and Mind leave and I wave. "Bye Ivy and Ming, good luck with dealing with Ryan." I mean, I could go with them, but they didn't ask me. I don't want to get any trouble. Which leaves me with River and David. I give her a faint smile. I bet most people would be somewhat shook by all of this, but it's like I'm watching some silly cartoon. "I also was kind of thinking you were talking about sex. But fish also sounds good. I didn't know you fished. That's pretty awesome. Sounds like a nice relaxing thing to do." I say, giving a faint, calm smile. "Can I still have fish if we're all working together?"

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6+2 turn on River = (3+5)+2 = 10 Take a string, give self, promise, be awkward

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

"The best fish is the one you catch yourself?" I say, and that sentence seems to hit me more than all the drama because of the misunderstanding. Behind my lips, I run my tongue over my teeth, and my heartbeat, which had been coolly ticking along during all of this, briefly hastens, my eyes opening wide briefly, before going half lidded again. It fades though. Good, I don't want to lose this calm.

I hear her question and nod. "You said you'd 'do' us two at a time. Then you'd show us a good time. And everyone except me has been having sex recently, so people will think about sex rather than fish." I think a bit. "So I guess to Ivy and Ming you were being kind of creepy? I mean, if you offer sex, and they turn it down, and you keep pleading, that's not really good, right? Kind of funny though. Everyone gets way too excited for a simple misunderstanding. Like a TV-show. Should probably take something to calm down so we could all be friends. Maybe even Ryan just needs something to calm down."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

"Probably it is. Don't worry so much. Just relax. Take a swim maybe. I always take a swim when I'm not calm enough. Or maybe you could have some pills as well. They're really good to stay nice and calm."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

[quote="Shogeton" post="484389416"]
Gary Reynolds

"We gotta go? Alright." I say, looking as she gets way too worked up. I get to the school in a casual jog, heading for my next class. Huh... I never did collect my stuff from last class did I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gary Reynolds

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: suggestible

Yeah, it'll be fine. I start wandering towards the locker room. It's sports. Normally I'm a bit worried. Some of the sports make me angry when I'm not so nice and calm. Football is a bad one for me. Running I can only do if I'm on my own, because if someone is running in front of me I feel the need to tackle them down. Dodgeball makes me want to punch people who target me. But I like swimming. And I like athletics like long jump or high jump or tossing things. It lets me focus on something physical without someone else. I used to be on the swimming team in my old school till I got expelled. In the water, that inner part of me that's now so quiet is a lot less confident and loud. I wish this school would have a swim team. There's a tinge of sadness there, but it fades out. Hope the medicine isn't starting to lose its potency there.

• Locked thread