Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -12
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

gently caress. This weekend blew. I had to change before they showed up, and stay in the house all weekend. They didn't say to do that, but going out and meeting the neighbors would probably have pissed them off. So I had to stay cooped up in my room, waiting for when my parents would be back and start asking if I was "ready to come back home." gently caress no I'm not, at least not with what they want. The good thing was that I had my Switch to keep me occupied. Last time I was there I didn't get much time to pack and I guess I thought I wouldn't be out too long. So it's been in my room this whole time. In fact, I took it back with me. I didn't tell my parents I was doing that, but they didn't exactly forbid me from taking it, so...whatever. It's still hidden back in the apartment. I'm kind of worried about what Jessie might do if he sees it. gently caress if I know what that creep is thinking when he just sits there and watches.

But for now things are looking up. Ivy is whispering in my ear about hanging out later. I smile and turn around. "Sure!" I take her hand and squeeze it. "Mine loving sucked too."

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On Ivy = (4+1)+2 = 7
Self/Promise/Embarassed/String

quote:

Look: Femme, sunny eyes

Origin: Latchkey kid

Stats

Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1

Moves

Lucky I Guess

When you remain oblivious to troubling or supernatural occurrences, take 1 Forward.

Spooked

When you run into someone’s arms, they choose:
¸+¸ you mark experience,
¸¸+ they become their Darkest Self.

Nap Fan
As soon as you fall asleep somewhere, choose two for the MC to detail when you wake:
¸¸+ something was left for you,
¸¸+ someone’s there,
¸¸+ someone’s been trying to contact you,
¸¸+ something’s been broken,
¸¸+ you had a nice dream.

Entrenched
If you and another character have a combined total of 5 or more Strings on one another, gain 1 to all rolls against them.

Sex Move

When you have sex with someone, tell them something you don’t want them to know.

Darkest Self

You feel... you feel like a monster. What kind of monster do you feel like? A werewolf, a vampire, a ghost, a queen... it can be anything you can think of. Tell the MC, and they’ll hand you that Skin or the closest thing to it. It can be different each time. Read their Darkest Self: you are drowning in metaphor. Choking on it. Your body isn’t supernatural, but you’re gonna take it right to the line. You become that Darkest Self.

Advances

Take a move from any Skin (Entrenched, Mortal)

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Christ, loving Chastity is going off on Ivy because of her lovely boyfriend. I look over at Ivy when she talks about us being together. I...don't know. I'd like to get to know Ivy better though. And I wouldn't mind kissing her again. So...maybe. Yeah, I think so. I turn to Chastity - time for her to shut the gently caress up.

"Not her fault you let Ryan get away with whatever he wants to do. Maybe bring it up with him before running your loving mouth off? Just a thought." I turn back to Ivy.

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Shut Down Chastity = (6+5)-1 = 10
Taking a String on Chastity

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I smile as Chastity leaves. But my eyes fall on Jessie and Tammy. I hesitate for a moment, but then step towards them and put my hand on Jessie's shoulder. I lean forward to talk into his ear.

"Didn't your parents ever tell you to ask for permission?"

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On Jessie = (5+5)+2 = 12
Gaining a String on Jessie
Self/Promise/Embarrassed

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0+1/5 | Conditions:

He's stammering, backing away, not even looking me in the eyes...what's going on? Whatever it is, I'm not letting him off easy.

"Why not?" I step forward, getting closer to him. "You having second thoughts about pushing other people around now that someone's standing up to you?" I stare him down, catching his gaze whenever he actually looks at me.

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Shut Down Jessie = (3+1)-1 = 3
Marking XP

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

Yeah, you're loving welcome Tammy. It'd be nice if she at least didn't insult me for-

my thoughts are interrupted when Jessie begins screaming and hitting me in the face, over and over. I back up, trying to throw my arms up to block him but he keeps going. gently caress! gently caress, no, I can't just let him hurt me like this. I grab one of his arms with one hand and swing a fist back at him with the other. "gently caress YOU," I wildly scream back.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+1 Lash Out At Jessie = (5+2)+1 = 8
MC decides how bad the harm is

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

poo poo! gently caress! I didn't expect that to happen. I back away as Jessie just starts getting back up, but then Gary gets in between us. I'm happy to stop, but I don't know if Jessie is. I glance at him, and smile at Gary.

"Sure, no problem." I wipe some of the blood off my face.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On Gary = (4+6)+2 = 12
Gaining a String on Gary
Self/Promise/Embarrassed

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 1+1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

"Thanks," I mutter to Gary as I sit back down trying to ignore Jessie's words. God loving dammit. And now Ivy's gone...gently caress, I forgot about her when I went to confront Jessie. Where did she go? Did she run off when we started fighting? I sigh, and look down at my desk. I can't just let Jessie threaten and attack me later. I have to figure out how to get him to back off. I stare at my desk, ignoring everything else. I clench my hands nervously, trying to think of anything I can do.

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Gaze Into The Abyss = (1+2)-1 = 2
Marking XP

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: White Knight

I jump a bit as the bell ring. So much for Mr. Taylor actually showing up. gently caress Jessie, I should probably figure out where Ivy is. Did she run off when the fighting started? I take out my phone and send her some texts.

quote:

hey
you ok?
mr taylor hasn't shown up

I grab my bag and wait for her to respond.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Oh. Wow. I feel my face go a little red as I get the photo. It takes me a moment to answer.

quote:

yeah i'm fine
sure i'd love to meet up
where are you?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

quote:

yeah
heading there now
see you soon

I get up and leave the classroom, heading to where Ivy is.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

As Ivy raises her hand, I rush over to her. Her bringing up the fight makes me think about what might happen in the future with Jessie...I feel a little scared and practically collide into her, giving her a hug.

"It's fine," I mutter. "Got into a fight with that rear end in a top hat Jessie. loving creep."

Triggering Spooked
Ivy chooses - Ming marks experience or Ivy enters her Darkest Self

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2+1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

I smile. "Sounds good to me." I give her a kiss.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On Ivy = (4+5)+2 = 11
Gaining a String on Ivy
Self/Promise/Embarrassed

"Where do you want to go?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: White Knight

My mind goes back to the experience we had in the locker room. Making out with her again would worth being late for the next class. Teacher might not even notice I'm absent honestly.

"Lead me there," I say.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"Nice place," I manage to mumble in between kisses. I wrap my arms around Ivy and hold her close. All my problems seem to fade away.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I hesitate for a moment as Ivy squeezes me. Then I move my hands down and begin unbuttoning her jeans as she removes my skirt.

Fading

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I start putting my clothes back on. I'm very happy, but I'm not sure what to say next. poo poo, the bell is ringing. I don't think I have time for a shower and I don't want to insult Ivy by running off to shower right after we just had sex. "How was it? That was the first time for me." gently caress why did I just say that? I turn red and face away from Ivy.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"Thanks for liking me as I am. You know, with..." I hesitate and turn to face her. Can't say this looking away like a dork. "The way my body is. Not really like a lot of the other girls here, as you can probably guess." I smile a little. "From what you saw? Haha..." Hope she finds that funny. OH god gently caress I'm just rambling.

"Uh, uh, so...you wanna head to class? I'm gonna be late and honestly this crazy morning makes me want to miss some classes for the first time. If you have another idea, I'd be down for it." I give her another kiss.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I smile at Ivy, and look interested as she talks about her errand. But then she says she took some weird animal skin from River? I can feel my smile fading. I'm thinking of Jessie and how he took Tammy's phone.

"So...you took something that belongs to River and you won't give it back unless she 'deals' with Ryan for you? How is she supposed to do that?"

gently caress I hope I'm missing something here.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 3+1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

"You said you'd 'give it back.' So do you really believe this thing was laying around and River just really wants it? Or are you only saying that so she'll go and fight loving Ryan Rand and suffer the consequences instead of you?"

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Shut Down Ivy = (6+1)-1 = 6
Marking XP

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: White Knight

And then she runs out. gently caress. poo poo. Did I gently caress up? "Ivy! Wait!" I try to follow her, but...she's gone? What the gently caress? "Ivy?" I call out. I look around. "You...you still here? Come on, loving talk to me please!" I have no idea where she could have run off, so I guess I'm just hoping she's nearby and willing to turn around.

"Ivy...please."

Spending a String to tempt Ivy to come back and talk things out

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

It looks like she's gone. I sigh, trying to figure out what to do next. I guess I could just head to class and say I accidentally fell asleep? I don't think they'd care too much and just mark me as late. I suppose -

and then Ivy speaks.

"Oh! Ivy, I-" I look around. "Uh, where are you?" I try to head to where I heard her voice...but I can't really find her? What the gently caress?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Where the gently caress is she? "Ivy, look...I'm sorry. It's just that what started the fight in homeroom was Jessie taking something from Tammy. I don't want you to be like him. I'll..." I think for a moment. "Let me meet with you and River, see how this is going down and if I can help?"

It feels super loving weird to feel like I'm taking to myself. "Can you come out where I can see you?"

Using Lucky I Guess to gain +1 forward

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Apr 24, 2018

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

For a second I think Ivy is right behind me and I whirl around. But...she's not there. I feel my heart racing and whirl around. "What-"

But she's not there. What the hell?

Giving a String to Ivy

Then she talks about coming out if I find her. Okay, I guess? This is super loving weird. I head back into the greenhouse and look around. "Ivy? Where are you?" I lean against the counter and put my hand down, only to feel like I touched someone.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+3 Turn On Ivy = (6+5)+3 = 14
Includes +1 forward from Lucky I Guess
Gaining a String On Ivy
Self/Promise/Embarrassed

I jerk my hand back and look, but nothing's there. "Ivy? Come out already." This is getting weirder and weirder.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I whirl around as Ivy speaks. There she is. "Alright." Man what the gently caress was that about? I'll...just pass on commenting about it for now. At least we patched things up, a bit. I smile and take her hand. "Let's go."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 4+1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

Marking XP for facing my peers with Ivy's scent on me. Taking Entrenched from the Mortal

Ah poo poo. Well I can't really turn back now even if I wanted to. Besides, from the looks of it David and River have been up to the same thing. So hopefully they'll just politely ignore it. I adjust my own clothes and look at the two of them. "Hey," I say and give a wave to them as I smile. "How's it going?"

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On David = (2+6)+2 = 10
Gaining a String on David
Self/Promise/Embarrassed

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 4+1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

I stare at David. "Are you loving serious?" I try to ignore River's pleading and his shot at Ivy. Just...let it go. "Why the hell are you taking all of them on? I thought just stopping Ryan from harassing Ivy was the plan here." As he mentions Gary my eyes flick over. There he is, just watching us. Uh, okay. Sure.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: White Knight

Removing White Knight due to ignoring the Ivy/River thing and David's comment towards Ivy

And now he's talking down to me like I'm a child. Great. Like I don't know how useless the staff here is or how the kids on top treat everyone below them.

"Yeah David, I know. I'm well aware the people here are shitheads. But what are you going to be able to do about it? How are you going to make sure he doesn't come back at us? What can you even do to everyone you want to take down?"

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Shut Down David = (5+5)-1 = 9
Taking a String on David, he gives me a condition back

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Coward

"You stupid gently caress," I say to David. "There's a difference between standing up to people like Ryan when they come at you versus declaring war on them and everyone who could support them. What the gently caress are you even proposing we do? You're not actually saying anything concrete, you're just spewing vague poo poo and then insulting us when we point out the dangers."

I cross my arms, and look away from him. What the gently caress. Gary looks like he wants to punch David which I can't really blame him for, but apparently resists and then starts going all creepy monotone. Oh...kay? Maybe it's something he's on? Who knows. I kind of smile when he suggests having Ryan caught with another guy.

"And which boy at this school is going after Ryan? Unless you're volunteering to take one for the team? I mean, you're cute and all Gary but I don't think Ryan has ever shown any interest in guys to match the interest he has at any girl unfortunate enough to catch his creepy eyes."

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On Gary = (4+6)+2 = 12
Taking a String on Gary
Self/Promise/Embarrassed

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"Uh." I didn't think Gary would take me seriously. Or be willing to go for it at all. "I was just kidding Gary. The second idea sounds better." And honestly, I don't really like the first plan much. Even if Ryan would deserve whatever would happen to him. But I do want to help Ivy out. As long as David doesn't gently caress everything up with his vendetta against everyone popular here, we might be able to do something.

And then River suggests some kind of orgy? What the gently caress. I feel a bit of heat as she winks at me. I'll just. Pass on that then.

Giving River a String

"I'll pass, River." I smile and wink back. "Thanks for offering anyway."

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On River = (2+4)+2 = 8
Self/Promise/String/Embarrassed

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Maybe I shouldn't have smiled and winked. I thought I'd let her down in a friendly way, but I guess she's taking that as a sign to just keep pushing.

With a frown I yank my arm away from her hand. "Just let it go already okay? I said no. I'm not interested."

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Shut Down River = (6+6)-1 = 11
Giving River the condition Creep

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Coward, The Most Horribleist Person with a Dirty Mind

"What the gently caress?" Assuming I even wanted fish, was that true or is this just her way of trying to pretend like she didn't suggest we all gently caress each other? Wait why am I bothering to think this over?

"All right then. Have fun trying to take on the whole school or whatever the gently caress you want to do. Ivy, I'll help you deal with Ryan on our own." And I leave.

Spending a String to tempt Ivy to go along with me

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Coward, The Most Horribleist Person with a Dirty Mind

I head to the locker room to shower. "I need to clean up before the next class," I tell Ivy. Although it's kinda also because her smell is still on me - not that I mind, but I don't want everyone else in class know what's going on.

As I step into the showers and start the water running, I think of what we could do. "You know Ivy, if humiliating Ryan is the plan...I could fight him. If he lost to me, especially in front of everyone else, they'd probably make fun of him for it." I'm not really happy with that, but if it'll get Ryan to back off and make him a laughingstock then it's worth it.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I think for a moment while the water runs over me. I already pissed off Jessie, should I risk getting even more people angry at me? But...gently caress it.

"It won't be a problem. I'll make sure I win, and if he wants to come after me afterwards we'll deal with him again."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: The Most Horribleist Person with a Dirty Mind

"Oh great" is what I think, before Sumati just walks right by me. Uh, what the gently caress? Well, honestly I should just consider myself lucky and leave.

And yet...

poo poo. I walk over behind her, trying to figure out what to say.

"Sumati? You okay?" I put my hand on her shoulder.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+3 Turn On Sumati = (1+5)+3 = 9
Includes +1 forward from Lucky I Guess
Self/Promise/String/Embarrassed

• Locked thread