Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
No dumb April fools joke, just game being released this month

Penny-Punching Princess - (Switch, PS Vita) - April 3rd
Minit - (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Linux, Mac) - April 3rd
Dark Rose Valkyrie - (PC) - April 10th
Extinction - (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - April 10th
Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs - (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) - April 10th
Maelstrom - (PC) - April 11th
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - (Xbox One) - April 11th
Rogue Aces - (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) - April 12th
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - (PS4) - April 17th
Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia - (PC) - April 19
God of War - (PS4) - April 20th
Nintendo Labo Variety Kit - (Nintendo Switch) - April 20th
Nintendo Labo Robot Kit - (Nintendo Switch) - April 20th
Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion - (PC, Switch, PS4, Xbox One) - April 24th
Frostpunk - (PC) - April 24th
Gal*Gun 2 - (Switch, PS4) - April 24th
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - (Switch) - April 24th
Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition - (PS4, Switch) - April 24th
The Swords Of Ditto - (PS4, PC) - April 24th
Runbow - (PS4) - April 24th
Rick And Morty Simulator: Virtual Rick-Ality - (PS4, PC) - April 24th
Super Robot Wars X - (PS4, PS Vita) - April 26th
Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption - (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - April 25th

So this month's themes are dads, cardboard and of course christ who has risen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's a light gun game where you give high school girls orgasms

Yes really

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MysticalMachineGun posted:

April Fools, right guys?

April... fools? :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmc94ytS0sY

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I still stand by my idea that Dragon Quest Builders shoulda been an Actraiser reboot instead.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
One thing I find interesting in Nioh is that it's a noticeable point in a genre when a mechanic is taken as given and never explained. Like every souls-like I've played or any game that at least uses the Estus mechanic feels the need to explain why it gets refilled or at least make it a magical item. In Nioh, the healing is just elixirs, a normal common pickup, and they get refilled at checkpoints because that's the way the genre works. No further explanation unless I missed it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think the game does explain it but it has been awhile. At the very least it had the time description to give you lore on why it would be like it is and it had the stuff about firekeepers souls to expand your limit and it just was a big part of the game while in Nioh it's all in the background and I had to look up what even determined how many you get when you go to a shrine.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Reading the Fortnite that is currently more entertaining than paying Fortnite

I've never actually played Fortnite so that likely isn't true but seeing Nazis try to back pedal and defend themselves by yearning for 9/11 photoshops is a pretty good read

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This will probably be harbahe but I'm still looking forward to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyANA_vt5-4

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The most important thing about that 7th Guest fan game is that they got the actor that played Stauf to come back so I'm down no matter how bad it ends up being

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 3, 2018

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Getting someone on the horn is to call them on the phone. Getting your horn on with sometime is something else

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm getting better at Nioh. The last two main missions had bosses that I think are considered really hard (Ogress and the Ninja Girl) and I beat them both in I think four tries (with the first try both times just me basically getting killed almost immediately) . I'm sure soon I'll just get my rear end kicked horribly for hours on end but right now I don't feel like the worst game player that has ever played games

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I really genuinely try not be a white noise poster but I think I still am which is honestly a little depressing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
All I remember about the original GB Mega Mans is one of them had unusually bad music.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
At this point I have 24 plats and I seriously don't even know how I got to that many

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I was so close to getting the Horizon plat hut I didn't like doing the trials so :shrug:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Here's the ones I got
https://psnprofiles.com/axleblaze/log?type=platinum
There are a ton of low effort ones there but there are a few that took a lot of time

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking about it the other day and I think Super Hexagon legit has one of the best game soundtracks ever because it's only 3 songs and you never get sick of any of them

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
VVVVVV is legit one of the best platformers ever made.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
At this point it just kind of amuses me that people are still mad a Phil Fish.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Phil Fish was a good game creator that said stupid things and gamers got mad but like to a stupid degree like they tend to and eventually he got sick of being told to kill himself every time he posted anything, so he dropped out of making games and posting online and then people got mad at him for that.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

suuma posted:

I'm going to go home in an hour and play Monster Hunter :cool:

What're you guys playing this April

Nioh. I keep meaning to take a break from it but I keep not doing that.

I'll probably at least take a break when Dad of War comes out if I haven't beaten it by then.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Its always weird to me when people understate how loving vile the internet can be to those it decides it doesn't like. No one on the internet gets a hate following that is just made up of people joshing them for being dumb or whiney. Phil Fish was a guy mainly known for being disliked. Of course he had nothing but a constant stream of the worst the internet has to offer, which is pretty bad. You also have to remember he argued against and was in the crosshairs of gamer gate so he got to deal with those wonderful people too

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

I beat orochi in okami hd and ive seen a lot of people recommend i quit now like theres another 20 hrs of gameplay that is bad? Is that true? I liked it so far

The rest of the game is just as good, it's just some people get impatient because holy poo poo is it a long game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The weapon durability in BotW was one of if not the least obnoxious version of weapon durability, but it still sucked. I can understand why they did it; BotW is a game all about figuring stuff out and using all the tools the world gives and they wanted to encourage people to use as many weapons as possible so it's their way of forcing that. The problem is that if you're the type that usually doesn't try out all the weapons and switch between them, then it's just aggravating and you spend your time holding on to the weapons you really like or worrying they're going to break. Meanwhile, if you would have switched anyways, the durability still doesn't add anything. It's a system that tries to force a way of playing and if you don't want to play that way, it makes the game less fun.

Also the best Zelda game in the past 20 years is Okami, don't @ me

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's weird to me that people bitch about grinding blood vials in Bloodborne but seem perfectly fine with grinding g good weapons in BotW. BB has such better combat than BotW it's insane but whatevs

Also Okami might be might favorite game to a degree that it's hard for me to have a reasonable conversation about it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In Bloodborne I liked the flexibility that having so many blood vials at once brought and I liked playing the game enough that taking the occasional 10 minutes to grind for blood vials want a thing that bothered me.

Nioh does have both in place though in that shrines will bring you have to a certain amount but you can get to have more at once. It does however add the annoyance of resetting how many elixirs shrines give you when you go to a new region, connecting getting more to a hidden collectable that you also need to grind elixirs.

Side note: I decided my favorite enemy in Nioh is the Umbrellas. They are oddly adorable

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah both Crash and Spyro were great when they were dine by Naughty Dog and Insomniac but they didn't hang onto the IP and the next gen bad sequels were made that dragged both series down

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nina posted:

All Dark Souls games are really good games

https://youtu.be/ZqjcEodJ2FE

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

as far as I'm concerned every item's description in soulsborne can be "poopfartbutt" I'm there for the level and encounter design and the enemies and bosses.

The lore is legit good but they put it in the background for a reason in that sitting you down and explaining it would really get in the way of what the game is going for

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yay! Beat another boss in Nioh without too much trouble. I was actually kind of surprised how easy he was, with the only deaths I have down to me loving up more than him being hard.

It did make me find out that the game was nice enough to make it so in the boss fight taking place in an on fire room, they made it so when you win the fire no longer hurts you, which was good because the boss died in the fire and dropped all his loot in there.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

My favorite bit of the OUYA was that they wanted to show off their console at e3 and announced it and such. (Someone correct me if I"m wrong) They never told E3, and E3 was like yeah no.

So they did their "e3" outside in the parking lot.

Yup.

I think even that got shut down by E3 mid way through

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There is little more irritating than seeing people fawn over brands being sassy on social media.

I mean more on a scale of things that don't really matter of course.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Five guys is pretty good, but it's also wicked expensive for a chain burger place.

Eh, it's cheaper the about the same price as other places like it like Shake Shack, Tasty Burger and Smashburger and it's better than all of those.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

McDonalds > Burger King.

Well, yeah.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Chicken fries are terrible

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This weekend I will probably continue playing Nioh and maybe play around with some VR stuff

I'll also probably finish up the second season of Jessica Jones and I might watch Little Witch Academy because the game looks cool so I might as well check if I like the anime before considering buying it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Fun fact: the full name of this game is  "Summertime High School: A Young Man's Notes—How a New Exchange Student Like Myself Ran Into His Childhood Friend on the School Tour, Then for Some Reason Became Super-Popular with the Girls for His Daily Scoops on the School Photography Club Even Though He Only Takes Panty Shots, and What He Thinks as He Goes on Dates During His Summer of Island School Life."

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Stuffed burgers are a thing that seems good on paper but is never actually that good. To cook the cheese properly you need to grill it longer and you have less actual meat to make room for what it's stuffed with so it already gets overcooked quicker so you're just gonna get an overcooked burger where the cheese now has a better chance of burning you

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also I had Five Guys today and they still make a very good burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, I had forgot just how much modern Wipeout games loving hate you and will not tolerate you sucking. It's loving awesome but nothing like struggling to crack the top five in the later races of the first set of races.

• Locked thread