Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Happy Easter Xbox!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgADDXyWJEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
happy easter xbox

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

Naked Snaked voice: Disgusting!
[reading posts from actual members] I want some more!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

The revelations 2 bonus episode is a 4 part episode with a survival gimmick that you only have a limited number of retries before you have to start over from the beginning. The third part is a instafail stealth area :thumbsup:
sounds fairly epic

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's juice

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
please do not play yakuza 6 as your first yakuza.

it's quite sincerely starting a plot heavy crime drama film series with the newest one, one that's being touted as the finale of the main character of the past six iterations

please play yakuza 0 because it's very good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
if we count spin-offs that still have the name Yakuza in them, they named the twelfth Yakuza game Yakuza 6

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
SEGAAGES2500

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
You can go right into Yakuza Kiwami which is a remake of the very first game (Kiwami means Extreme) , adding cutscenes that further flesh out the antagonist and more systems, some that are from 0 and some entirely new. It's still very much a better looking PS2 game in a lot of ways, and can feel a little clunky after the purely modern sensibilities of 0, but your experience from 0 will translate almost perfectly.

After that you can get excited for Yakuza Kiwami 2 which is the same thing as Kiwami 1, but for Yakuza 2, coming out in August

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yakuza 5 starting with you having to be a realistic taxi driver by following the rules of the road and being able to keep up small talk was the thing that made me decide to look into Yakuza

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
literally the only people he knew in his life were yakuza-men.

i dont even think he went to school

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

oddium posted:

in the end abe becomes prime minister so there's that
lol

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
White noise poster reporting in.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I have swung between all lowercase irony posts and full five short paragraph posts wildly today

either way, all bad

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
When a wise man posts, they immediately begin to live it.

When an average man posts, they believe some of it and doubt the rest.

When a foolish man posts, they laugh out loud at the very idea.

If it were not for that laugh, there would not be posts

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

codenameFANGIO posted:

you are a TERRIBLE white noise poster :mad:
shoot!!!!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I need to watch the Patlabor movies/OVA so bad. I own the second movie on DVD

Also did I make this up or was there a Silent Hill track that sampled a dentist drill?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
playing super hexagon on my phone made me absolutely addicted i had to delete it after i beat it

since then i have legit not played any other games on my phone

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

when you say beat it do you mean you beat hyper hexagonest...good god
i lasted for another minute in the black and white drone world, and that was it. i knew that I would just keep trying to beat myself forever.

i was playing it in class and just not paying attention, i was so hooked

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Super Hexagon is so good yall, please buy it if you haven't. That and VVVVVV

Terry Cavanagh makes really good video games

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
someone post the live action twisted metal endings cause those are weird af

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

glam rock hamhock posted:

VVVVVV is legit one of the best platformers ever made.
i'm so tempted to rebuy it on switch

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this song can make me cry

i am being 100000% serious

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love super mario and his world

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
E V E R Y T H I N G

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
japanese gaming = win

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I forget if it was phil fish or jonathan blow who was tweeting :biotruths: that women are by and large not smart enough for STEM

I think it was jonathan blow now that i type it out

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
got Crusader Kings 2 off that free sale and im terrified. this is a powerful game.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Jay Rust posted:

Ireland is Tutorial Island, I’d start there. It’s pretty safe. Use your chancellor to fabricate claims on your neighbours, and otherwise you can sit back and take things as they come.
this is a cool tip, ty

Rarity posted:

Marry the youngest smartest woman in Europe you can find.
already my plan irl, so we good here

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Japan loves France to the degree that a Japanese psychiatrist literally discovered consistent cases of largely Japanese tourists experiencing physical and mental disorders when finally arriving in Paris due to either overstimulation or it not being all it was cracked up to be

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It might say something to that guy's skill because I still remember a lot of the Lyoko monster designs. Those big ol balls that'd spread out and shoot big 2D laser walls. The box headed dudes that would rotate, the manta ray guys

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/980361909177167872

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom posted:

japanese gaming = win

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It actually makes me like Final Fantasy 15 more.

All the new DLC they announced at PAX sounds so cool

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
play terranigma

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

Nice avatar.
this but unironically

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go -- I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... Suddenly, there was intense light all around me -- and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me...?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I also wanna play Dragon Quest 8 in prep for 11 but I'm worried I'll get burnt out on Dragon Quest

it's a dilemma!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Taintrunner posted:

:holymoley:

The end of MGS2 very specifically states their plan is not about controlling content, but creating context. Consider the recent slaughter in Palestine - IDF snipers blasting unarmed protestors, some of them children, and how it is filtered through American news outlets such as the NYT as a “clash,” because, you know, being shot at from hundreds of yards away is the furthest thing from a clash. This should be obvious, and yet, the context is created which makes the information entirely untrue.

You’re also posting this on a dying message board as discourse is centralized to a limited few privately owned social media platforms that directly collaborate the government and various intelligence agencies.

As far as “nonsense,” think about the surreal onslaught of news consumed at such a rapid pace in our modern era. It’s actively too much for one person to keep up with and is filled with so many conflicting and inconsistent narratives and characters whilst possessing a surrealness that is impossible to truly comprehend in its entirety.

What Metal Gear Solid 2 makes clear in its entirety between the mix of real world military hardware and the surrealist nature of its encounters, characters, and eventual climax, is a prediction that rings entirely true: the misinformation age will seem incomprehensible and entirely surreal, as we lack a proper framework to process and critically engage with new information as it is filtered through algorithms and presented in such a manner to yet again, not control content, but to create context - for the maintenance of the political status quo.

Kojima’s success and lifelong fame for driving the medium forward was his ability to intertwine these political ideals into a young medium which while considered simple children’s entertainment, was able to introduce his higher critical ideals to audiences that otherwise might never engage with - especially in nations that have strict controls on outside media.
kojima owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kojima isn't perfect and can in fact be very questionable at times, but a lot of his work comes from a place of sincerity, interest and dumb fun rather than outright malice and Video Games are more interesting with him around so I'm quietly excited and optimistic for Death Stranding and I'll gladly watch any eight minute trailer featuring his new celebrity boyfriend that comes out

e: Silent Hills was also going to have him, Del Toro and Junji Ito working it and you will never convince me that wouldn't have been insanely ool

• Locked thread