Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hurrah for April. Battletech finally comes out this month and hopefully Dusk does also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jay Rust posted:

It’s not coming on PC, therefore it doesn’t exist
:agreed:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I have some hard ginger beer I'm looking forward to drinking at D&D* tomorrow, except I am 100 percent drinking it in one go because that is the only way I can get through D&D.

*Actually Numenera.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
But yeah, fo real, OP is missing that Battletech is out April 24.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Man, I'm playing some Freespace 2 again and why couldn't people have gotten big into kickstarting linear, mission based space shooters instead of open world ones that will never come out? :(

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sakurazuka posted:

You know a genre is truely dead when you don't even get any KS 'spiritual sequels'
I mean, the good news is, Freespace 2 is probably unsurpassable, and modding means it still looks really great and there are lots of new missions to play.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I liked Far Cry 2's scrappy shooting, and had a good time with it, but the world and mission design was ultimately boring. Well, the actual map design was good but there wasn't much to do in it. And the stupidity of the respawning checkpoints was in no way overstated. I probably would have been more impressed with it if I hadn't already played a shitload of STALKER, I guess, which does the whole living world thing way better.

They're way more gamey but I definitely prefer FC3/4.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So I'm not crazy but Spyro was never actually very good, right? Only ever played a little bit of it at a friend's house, mind you, but wasn't very impressed.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Samuringa posted:

Both Spyro and Crash wells were poisoned by lovely sequels. Blowing everything up and starting all over is a great idea.

Ah maybe that's what I was thinking of.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Looper posted:

It's kinda lame to take a chubby character and reimagine him as mega skinny

Edit: quoted the wrong post
Yeah, the greatest tragedy of our time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's great to see Nintendo teaching kids valuable lessons about self-improvement, & tackling American's obesity crisis in their own way.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ciaphas posted:

I'm down to diet at least, but I need my fuckin' caffeine/fake sugar (I know, I know, damnit)

i also really suck at convincing myself to work out, especially when the ol' depression hits, but the less said about that the better

Black coffee, bitch.

But yeah for real, liquid calories will get you every time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
There's a great burger place near me and one of the items on the menu is patties between grilled cheese sammiches.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Internet Kraken posted:

The vast majority of tap water is perfectly safe to drink if you don't live in a third world country. Bottled water is a huge waste of money and also a good way to pointlessly pollute if you aren't buying the new biodegradable bottles/recycling.

Hell, even in some third world places. Grew up in Trinidad and Tobago drinking tap water and bottled stuff has always just tasted gross to me.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

cheetah7071 posted:

Stuffing a burger with cheese instead of putting the cheese on the outside sounds cool. Probably doesn't taste all that different though.

I think I've made burgs like that once and it's pretty good. Reeses though... :barf:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I like both.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, it really subverted my expectation for a competent script.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tales of Woe posted:

i don't think the window has closed yet on there being a 3rd successful battle royale game but it'd have to be significantly different than pubg and fortnite and that just looks awful and derivative.

Yeah, but the 3rd successful BR game will probably be whichever Battlefield or COD includes it, not this.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
SC2 also sold millions, it didn't "kill the franchise" it just never took off as an ESPORTS game the same way BW did. They made three of them fer Chrissakes.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Me, at Alien Covenant: "Well, that's got to be the stupidest blockbuster movie I'll see this year!"
The Last Jedi: "Hold my beer"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

homeless snail posted:

i can't wait to go to star wars land, and sleep in the star wars hotel that has lcd screens instead of windows

This exact post, but replace every instance of star wars with "suicide."

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
There's also the one where Han fucks a weasel.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So on the vanishingly small off chance that RDR2 will come to PC day and date, is there anything I need to know about the first game?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Accordion Man posted:

Considering that 2 is going to be a prequel, no.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It should probably be called something else then.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Accordion Man posted:

Though you really if you can get a PS3/360 for cheap its totally worth playing. RDR1 is a fantastic game and is Rockstar's best game by leaps and bounds.
I don't even own a television (:smug:) and besides which, controllers are like the spicy keychain in my hands.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Raxivace posted:

Oh yeah so I finished Blood and Wine yesterday. Wasn't that good IMO.

I liked the overall story, and the new area was even nicer looking than the base game's, but much of the sidequest design was really boring. Especially the one that's just about doing generic map encounters again and again.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Discussion prompt: how do you play video games? Do you play them one at a time, or do you have multiple going at once? Me, personally, I typically only have what I'd consider a single "big" singleplayer experience on the docket, so like an RPG or an open-world game. Something with lots of overlapping systems. I'll also have games in my comfort-food genre installed, something I can just play sporadically without burning out on, without forgetting where I was, in my case a mission-based FPS, usually moddable, usually old. Every now and then I'll install some RTS as well, typically when a new mod release happens, and knock through a few skirmishes for a weekend or so, maybe play some comp-stomps with my brother. Multiplayer games are separate from all of this, I've got several installed that I'll bounce among when I feel like competition or co-op.

So for example, right now Darksiders is my big game, with plans to start MGSV when I'm done, some Freespace 2 on the side, and I recently played some skirmishes of a RA2 mod. For online I've got Vermintide 2, PUBG, BF1, Path of Exile, and Titanfall 2 ready to go, depending on my mood.

I actually had a pretty severe case of vidya-ADD up until a few years ago, where I'd install and play a bunch of games for a varied number of hours, and then never come back to them, but now I'm actually working through my Steam backlog, completing things I'm interested in, and only buying new stuff if I really want to play it then and there.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
And that's Darksiders beaten. I enjoyed the game, but it was less than the sum of its parts. Well, actually, its dungeons were pretty cool and in-depth, but combat was a little too simplistic, and not as refined as a pure character-action's, its metroidvania elements were a kind of half-baked, and the story was sorta disjointed. On that last point, its biggest issue was pacing, I think, which also affected the gameplay. For example, War gets his horse way too late in the game and it's only really useful in a single zone, and then there's the fact that the final act has you backtracking to forge a megasword which you only ever get to use in the final boss fight.

Still, fun game, all told, and its cheesy, Todd McFarlane style actually worked in its favour.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Larryb posted:

In addition to God of War there's actually a few games I'm looking forward to this year such as the Switch port of Tropical Freeze (I gave up on the Wii U version because of the terrible load times and the fact that the bosses were all annoying damage sponges. But maybe the new Funky Kong mode they're adding will cut down on the bullshit a bit), the upcoming Yoshi game for the Switch and Megaman 11.

Not sure if they're actually going to be coming out this year but you could add The Last of Us Part II, the first episode of Life is Strange 2 and the Switch port of The World Ends With You to that list as well. Not entirely sold on Vampyr yet but I might end up checking that out too.

Battletech comes out in less than two weeks and I'm looking forward to that and it still isn't in the OP! :argh:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Easy Allies/GT is all right by me. Their video reviews have a sort of professional standardization that I dig, definitely helped by the fact that they're all narrated by the same guy.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Englishmen hate Italians, so yeah, checks out.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

codenameFANGIO posted:

If you don’t want to pet video game animals you’re probably a war criminal of some kind, sorry
I don't like petting video game animals because it makes me angry that I'm not petting them irl.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Taintrunner posted:

PUBG is adding a deathmatch mode, bahaha

OK? And?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

precision posted:

holy smokes far cry 4 has the best villain

to the point that i honestly don't want to fight him, i want to hang out with him :(

That is literally an option.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Judging by this thread? Yes.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hahaha, just :lol: at some guy I don't know about liking a game and getting overexcited about it. Why can't he have the same unfeeling, ironic detachment as me?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Internet Kraken posted:

I'll stick to playing my *checks last played game* .....7 year old RTS game :sigh:
Lmao, 7 year old, look at this casual neophyte. AMA about still playing Total Annhilation. :smug:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Internet Kraken posted:

Not really. There's a reason they set up inside people's houses often. Protection from the elements and most of their predators. Plenty of prey bugs still bumble around inside your house after all.

I have no problem with spiders in my home since nothing dangerous lives around here. Their like little skittering bouncers, keeping some of the pests out for you.
We had a bigass tarantula living in the detached shower at a house my dad rented for a few months when I was a kid. It would crawl out of its ceiling cubbyhole when you turned on the water. :3:

Mordja fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 16, 2018

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm WFH two to three days a week so that's all right.

In the office now tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Be advised: Vermintide 2 is already 20% off at Fanatical despite selling gangbusters. It's a great game at a great price.

• Locked thread