Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

I finished Revelations 2. All the boss fights were kinda bunk rear end and way too enemies have OHKO grabs that can noclip through walls but overall it was a cool game and way better than Rev1. That's every RE game except for the outbreak games on PS2 bc I'm too stupid to get the online working in them.
I'm still hoping that the Outbreak games get a PS4 port or something at some point. They sound intriguing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

It was actually kinda cool, it's like a 30 minute mode that's half a fake Mercenaries and half a survival game thing where you have a set amount of time to gather meat and ammo before he next Mercenaries map. I'll do the Natalia mission tonight (idk what this will play like bc her whole design was that she was a helpless child who could just point at enemies and say A monsters coming!) and that's every mainline RE game done. A wild journey these past few months
If you hate instafail stealth you're gonna loving hate the Natalia DLC. Its awful and is the low point of the game IMO.

In Training posted:

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Gaiden

Missing but I still plan to play: Operation Raccoon City, the 4 light gun games, Resident Evil: Outbreak, Resident Evil 1 (PSX)
Looks pretty close to my rankings. The only major difference seems to be that I didn't play Gaiden and you ranked RE0 way higher than I did.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Did Dark Souls actually explain Estus? I'm not sure I even remember at this point.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Y'all always make these Yakuza games sound fun. If I didn't have so much on my plate at the moment I'd be jumping right into them.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The first Dead Rising really feels like it should have just been a Majora's Mask style time loop story about zombies, because all of the mechanics communicate that it is one.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Olive! posted:

Well, he did cheat on his fiancée (the one he proposed to live on stream), but I guess that's probably not relevant to his stream content.
Wait what's the story here? I used to follow that dude, its kind of a shame if he did that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

I could be wrong here since I just found out about it recently but from what I read that isn't what happened. My understanding was that he realized he had developed feelings for someone else and called it off so it was still a painful situation but not as bad as Olive! said.
Ah yeah that paints it in a pretty different light.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Nina posted:

Somehow I had no idea the lead designer on Telltale's Batman is Michael Kirkbride of all people. Does that game at least have good writing?
I only played the first season. I thought the first three episodes were pretty solid and had a really interesting riff on the Batman mythos. In this version of the story Thomas and Martha Wayne were criminals and the entire Wayne family fortune was gotten through illegal gangstering, and a lot of the rest of the game is about Bruce Wayne learning about this for the first time and coming to terms with what exactly it means for his vast wealth to be coming from a fundamentally evil place and for his parents to be not what he thought they were. Eventually the public learns about all of this too, which leads to some interesting bits. It was a pretty refreshing post-Occupy spin on the story.

The actual parts where you're Batmanning around are kind of dull though and I felt like the last two episodes of the first season focused more on that than the more interesting Bruce Wayne parts, on top of the writing just seeming a little shakier in these two episodes in general.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

I made a really bad post and now I gotta cut my pinky off :cry:
With your medical expertise you should be able to reattach it though?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

White Noise seems like it would be a good rapper name.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I have 33 Platinums. Some of them are easy VN's and such, and OTOH one is Metal Gear Solid 2.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I liked the parts of Fez that were a cute character having platforming adventures and not the parts that were really obtuse puzzle solving.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Expect My Mom posted:

japanese gaming = win

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

al-azad posted:

Until there's a proper English release of Diebuster I'm not throwing my VHS player away :colbert:
Yeah I was real surprised to see there wasn't a proper release since I went on a bit of a spending splurge a week or so ago, and could only find the Gunbuster vs. Diebuster movie.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

BioShock 2 had legit better gameplay than BioShock 1 though so that's not some indefensible opinion.

Tooie over Kazooie though? I can't agree with that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Anyways Banjo Pilot was the second best Banjo game.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The love for Minerva's Den is the real puzzle to me though. Its so drat bland.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

precision posted:

yea i would have a lot more sympathy for him if he didn't dish it out too

goes around comes around etc
Even in Indie Game: The Movie he doesn't exactly come off as the best of dudes.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think its time we just destroy the internet, perhaps by just dropping an entire asteroid upon it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Is anyone else playing Paladins? Started playing this tonight, wanted to check it out and it's a great alternative to Overwatch if you're tired of that game.
What's a Paladin?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I said come in! posted:

This is why I skipped Breath of the Wild. I'm probably the only Switch user that doesn't have that game.
I don't have it either. The only Switch games I own at the moment are Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I should totally get that new Kirby game though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah in a lot of ways it feels like Bloodborne is trying to build upon Demon's Souls specifically and not really Dark Souls 1 for some reason (I think one of the beta versions of the Gascoigne fight even had him muttering "Umbasa" at you when he killed you). Dark Souls II is kind of similar to me in some ways, though I don't think its quite as pronounced.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

http://animal-crossing.com/videos/

So the animal crossing part of Nintendo's website is horribly broken and filled with "placeholder text goes here", lorem ipsum and switch trailers in the video feed. News is also similarly broken.

:tinfoil:
Ah, so the terrible secret of Animal Crossing is that the web page isn't maintained.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I never liked the item description approach to storytelling in Dark Souls because instead of making me feel like an archaeologist or whatever it feels instead like somebody printed out Wikipedia articles and scattered them across the land.

And the only thing the articles end up saying "poo poo is hosed, yo".

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

What's everyone playing this weekend. A boring answer for me, Miku Splatoon and Bloodborne all of which I've been playing off and on for like...years now I guess.
Still playing Fire Emblem 4 and Witcher 3: Blood and Wine over here but I should finally be done with both sometime this weekend.

Witcher 3 in particular I'm pretty sick of at this point.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also The Last Jedi was good and the degree to which it pissed off chuds has only endeared it and Disney Star Wars to me.
The nerd rage at Last Jedi is just bizarre to me, especially since its the only of the Disney Star Wars I particularly like.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah if anything P.T. and MGSV show that he's moving harder into the direction of more gameplay than the cutscene stuff he's memed as being.

I like both forms of Kojima though so whatever.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Death Stranding is going to own.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Accordion Man posted:

Peace Walker.
It's one of the lesser Metal Gears IMO and a little too grindy but it still a perfectly decent game.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Oh yeah so I finished Blood and Wine yesterday. Wasn't that good IMO- the new enemies in particular really sucked to fight.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mordja posted:

I liked the overall story, and the new area was even nicer looking than the base game's, but much of the sidequest design was really boring. Especially the one that's just about doing generic map encounters again and again.
I think I would have liked the overall story more if "Se7en but with a vampire" wasn't already a quest in the main game.

To Blood and Wine's credit it complicates that element later on but it still felt repetitive to me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

raditts posted:

also does Miyamoto count as an "auteur"
Yeah.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like Xenogears a lot but man that game would be light years better if the text didn't appear on screen so slowly.

Like I get that they're trying to simulate actual vocalizing to some extent but still.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

I'm gonna be really brave and say it: Dragon Ball Z owns hard.
Hell, you're right.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

The craziest thing is that Mitchell was likely fabricating high scores almost all the way back to the beginning, and Wiebe beat him through inhuman obsession and determination.
Wiebe is the hero that video games need, but that we don't deserve.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

lol

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Viewtiful Jew posted:

That one dog in Pac-Man 2. Not Pac-Dog, the other dog.
Pac-Man 2 was a bizarre rear end game.

• Locked thread