Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Nittomata/status/980455772638257152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/980483836399243264

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was going to make a joke post about "PYF Easter Games" but holy poo poo ActRaiser is totally it and I think I'm gonna play that today

The You Testament

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/mahadopower/status/980521449067757568

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
here's a bunch of anime poo poo for you filthy weeaboos

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/980604726801702912

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

haveblue posted:

It's kind of a mixed bag. I love the sheer breadth of the toys you get, but I also feel like I'm made of tissue paper and there don't seem to be a lot of ways to increase my durability, especially against elemental attacks (and I also don't want to take any of the alien powers because I use turrets a lot and don't want them shooting at me.)

dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Saint Freak posted:

How many times can you stomach the same game? Most people normal people are going to be burned out after like twice.

Let me tell you about this little company called Ubisoft...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/d/100-gpu-cryptocurrency-mining/6544905150.html

Hell yea, sounds like a great deal!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

depending on how much kit he's selling for that price and how used it is, you could actually probably turn a profit buying that and reconfiguring all the pieces into gaming PCs

e: holy gently caress, 85 1080s and 15 RX Vegas :shittypop: he's basically selling a "start your own custom computer business" kit

Those GPUs are beyond used. Mining cryptocurrency pushes them to their limits until they give in, but, in this case, he gave up first.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
In Mafia III there are some side collectibles, Playboy magazines and pin-ups made by Alberto Vargas(NSFW). I thought these were just for completion sake, but if you go into your collectibles menu you can actually browse those

It's the Witcher cards all over again :doh:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

How the hell does an NES reproduce this kind of sound? This is some great poo poo.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I know nobody plays a FarCry for the story, but this is just insane

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/980897668963667968

Like, not only is that not a Good ending, it might be one of the bleakest endings I've seen in a videogame, what the gently caress, Ubi?

edit:

also, the villain is Tom Cruise

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 3, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

I didn’t know about that pinky thing. There’s probably a decent comedy to be made about some hapless chef or something who cuts off his finger by accident, then gets swept away into the wacky world of the Yakuza politics and intrigue

You never heard of western cartoons asked to be edited to add an extra finger so their characters don't look like Ex-Yakuza?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Sometimes I type some stuff but realize nobody cares so I just close the tab

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Jesus Christ, Super Hexagon has a mobile version holy poo poo

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I got real excited cause I thought we were talking about Hexcells, I don't know what a Super Hexagon is

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

FauxLeather posted:

Yuri. If it has Yuri, I'll buy it.

:same:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I liked Bioshock 2 better than 1 :(

I also liked Tooie better than Kazooie :(

It's me, BadOpinionMan.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Dramatika posted:

I don't know where else to ask this but is Mafia 3 worth twelve bucks? It's on Humble Monthly, I already have Mankind Divided and I have zero interest in God Eater, but I think I heard Mafia 3 was decent maybe?

I'm playing it right now on the Ps4. Now, as everyone has said before, the game is repetitive. The main storyline can be basically broke down to: You go to a new area, there are two sub-bosses, you wreck their business and them go face them. You invade wherever they're bunkered in, and then can choose whether to "recruit" them to your cause or execute them. After you've dealt with both sub-bosses you go after the head honcho of the region.

These tend to have at least some variation, sometimes you gotta steal money, sometimes you're tracking high-value targets to some deal and break it up, sometimes you gotta blow up notable infrastructures, a lot of time you'll be stealing wads of cash and killing Thugs. Lincoln isn't a superhero, so there's a lot of stealth involved and carefully picking your targets and only engaging openly when you have a clear advantage.

Now, if that hasn't turned you away, the game just overflows with style. The soundtrack selection is spectacular, the cars are great and they don't shy for a single second that being a black person in 1968 was an absolute hell, which gets turned around into a very cathartic feeling when you're decimating racists. The very first group you go after is the Dixie Mob, which is essentially a hillbilly gang, and now I have the option of pursuing someone who takes part of a group called The Southern Union, which is probably something like the KKK.

And even as you do menial tasks for your captains, there is a feeling of growth. You get higher revenues from your business, upgrades, status bonuses, favors, new abilities, everything to help you go after even more of those bastards.

I wouldn't say this game is for everyone, but if you enjoyed the likes of The Godfather game on the Ps2/Wii or taking over neighborhoods in the Saint's Row series, the repetitiveness might not be such a letdown and everything else more than makes up for it.

Of course, I'd recommend other open-world sandbox games, like Watch_Dogs2 or Sleeping Dogs instead of this, but if you've already gone through all the great ones, this is still good.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Wamdoodle posted:

Have you played Actraiser 2?

Sakurazuka posted:

Play Actraiser 2 next

They said they want to beat a game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just finished chapter 5 (I think) of Yakuza 0

Is it bad I find Majima more interesting the Kiryu? It might be because I haven't seen stoneface in awhile but Majima seems way more fun.

Storywise, Kiryu's main plot is pretty boring until (Late game spoilers)it crosses over with Majima's.

Sidestorywise, they're both great. Kiryu is this naive man who's also a titan and Majima just doesn't give a poo poo(But actually does)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I liked Crash 3 because it had upgrades

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

In Training posted:

if theyre going through all the trouble to make new art assets for these spyro/crash remasters why dont they just make a new game. surely somebody has come up with ideas for like. 20 new platformer levels in the last 15 years.

Both Spyro and Crash wells were poisoned by lovely sequels. Blowing everything up and starting all over is a great idea.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Miz_Kriss/status/976101136640946177

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Looper posted:

It's kinda lame to take a chubby character and reimagine him as mega skinny

Edit: quoted the wrong post

DDD is a Bara now

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have a question for those who've played Yakuza 0

I'm really not getting the money battle thing with the real estate minigame. I don't get any alerts that it's happening (that I'm aware of) and whenever I buy a property it's instantly taken away by [LEISURE KING] and I'm not sure how to stop it. It's kinda making me want to ignore it all together because I dumped 18M into a place, literally took 5 steps and it was gone and it wants 25M to get it back because I lost a battle that I had no idea even existed.

Are you sure it's a Money Battle and not a direct attack on your properties? Money Battles happen when you're investing in a property, back at the HQ, and the King intervenes and you have to button mash to invest money faster than them to keep your properties. Direct attacks(I forgot what they're called) are when a King's lackeys are squatting somewhere near your area and you gotta go there and beat them or they'll mess with your stuff. I don't know if they can take your properties because I never let them stay for long, but that's probably what's happening with you.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Hopper posted:

This sucks. I left work early because I am ill and could now play games all weekend. Except I am too ill to do so because my entire body hurts and I get blurry vision when looking at the movement.

Pro tip: If you don't have kids, don't visit your friends with kids while said kids are in the kindergarden age. You will get all the toddler plagues there are.

Just kidding, I love my goddaugther to bits and the privilege of seeing her every week is well worth it.

Don't play games when you are sick because next time you try them they'll make you remember how ill you felt at the time

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, game flipped me back to Majima so will be awhile before I could do it again but I'd go to the office and select the property. Would then choose to collect and would watch the red bar drain. Would tell me collection complete or whatever then instantly kick me to a "you lose" screen with nothing going on. No button mashing or anything.

Yea, that's a Money Battle and you gotta mash X or some other button to keep funneling money into the property while the manager you assigned to that region and the King battle. It's actually supposed to be good when that happens because it's almost impossible to lose and you get a free 1% of their region or so when you win.

Here's how it's supposed to happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw0ucRTBsiY&t=1832s

(30:32 if it doesn't embed the marker)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/982317225989177345

http://store.steampowered.com/app/803600/Disgaea_5_Complete__5/

quote:

Like the Nintendo Switch version of Disgaea 5, the PC version includes all of the additional content put out as DLC for the PlayStation 4 release. This means you get the Adell, Almaz, Mao, Fuka, Laharl, Priere, Valvatorez and Zetta bonus scenarios to play through. Girl Laharl, Metallia, Nisa and Pleinair can join your party. It also means the Celestial Hostess, Kunoichi, and Sorcerer classes can be recruited. Steam Achievements and Cloud support are included too.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I'll probably finish Mafia III over the weekend but I already began The Last Guardian today to follow up after that and probably going to double-time it with some Bloodborning

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Ouiaboo

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Oxxidation posted:

the amount of icon hunting in mad max seems to be more than a sane man can tolerate

Do not even attempt to 100% Mad Max

At most, do Outposts as they give you a Scrap revenue and max one Fortress so you can resupply. Everything else, only do it if it unlocks car parts.

Oh, and do not reduce the Threat Level of any area to 0, as it'll make no more enemies spawn.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

Actraiser Chat earlier in the thread made me check it out. It was a fun few hours, and I guess it was neat for its time, but... I’m never going to play it again

I replayed it a couple of years ago and, aside from the Boss Rush, it was still pretty great.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm not sure if I should post this in the Yakuza thread or if here's a good place but I (think) I'm at the tail end of 0's main plot. Least it feels that way.
I'm really digging the story and systems and someone said after this I should move onto Kiwami.
I know it's a remake of the first game but I wanted to know if it has just as much content or if I should expect a worse story or anything. I already know I'm losing out on Majima being playable (boo) but if it's still just as fun then I think I'll survive.

I haven't moved on to Kiwami yet, but the main opinion is that it's pretty much like an Epilogue to 0 at this point. Much shorter, not as many activities/sidestories. But it's still Yakuza, and popular opinion is that Kiwami 2 is when they really hit it out of the park, so I'd say to go ahead(I know I am going).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Megaman 1 is straight up garbage. Start with 2 and stop when it stops being fun, then jump to X.

I'm biased for Sonic because it was my first videogame, but I'd say try 1, if it doesn't click with you, skip to 2 then 3&Knuckles.

I tried DQ5 a long time ago and really liked the way your journey took years, but I also never got very far.

Castlevania 4 and Rondo of Blood get highly talked, but I like it better post-SotN so I can't opine.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Does difficulty effect score in the Yakuza 0 disco minigame

"fighting" Media King and getting flustered because I feel like I do a good job, then he beats me by 500 points. Finally I nearly perfect the song and he somehow has like 1000 more then he's ever gotten before and I don't know what the gently caress.

I don't want to lose this one because the grind is already real and garbage enough.

E: Beat him after a shocking number of attempt. Man that soured me.

The only Kings I lost to where the Electronics King, because it's loving impossible and the Media King, because I had no idea how Disco worked before that. I think I upped the difficulty and then somehow beat him? That whole thing was pretty weird.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

A good poster posted:

As an extra layer of gross, they're cousins.

They're royalty or something holy, aren't they? It's just how they roll.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

FirstAidKite posted:

Sacrifice is very neat but I had trouble wrapping my head around certain parts of it. Like, on one hand it's not necessarily difficult to understand, but on the other hand, I just wasn't doing very well with keeping track of the stuff I needed to do.

It had good designs though. I still love the god of air being a helium canister in a robe with a balloon for a head with a face sharpied on. On top of that, he was voiced by Tim Curry which was just...just great.

and, in the end, he was the Big Bad of all five gods

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
A Quiet Place is really loving good, guys. Tangentially related to video games since the creatures are essentially Clickers.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

al-azad posted:

It's another viral cloverfield right?

Nope, actual good movie. They don't waste any time with exposition or pointless bullshit either, it begins months after the first attacks so the main characters already know how to act - 90% of the movie is in sign language - and are just trying to survive. No gore or any kind of edgyness that plagues horror movies, just really loving tense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The government can't even handle humans

• Locked thread