Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Terrible Robot posted:

don't fukken doxx me

Tell me this isn't all of us.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hornhub.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me. One for you, one for...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jesus. Sounds like the kind of company that fucks people over because they know they can get away with it nine times out of ten.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Tomarse posted:

The gorilla wood glue is good stuff too

Dead tree carcass? Sick!

Cat interceptor: one other tick in the move to Canadia column - snow rallying.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

Still need to see Black Panther, and I think I'll actually see Wrinkle In Time on matinee as well.

Black Panther loving owns. Wrinkle In Time... ehhhh. It's not bad but it's also not all that good either.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Told him "I'm sorry sir, but my attorney has strongly recommended I not speak with you". Goi a "this is just basic information, we need this for our own insurance". Got an email address out of him. Seems the ambulance chaser lawyer I hired is out to lunch, but I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and guess providing this stuff is A Bad Idea, especially when they kept saying "we don't need no lawyer for this". My own insurance has already ruled in my favor (based on dashcam), totaled my car (based on both photos and physical examination), and procured a rental for me. I kept telling the guy "my attorney has recommended I not speak to you".

Yup. You have a lawyer, have them run everything through said lawyer.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

NumbersMatching320 posted:

i just realized i need a gif macro of SAY SOMETHING BOUT THE PREQUELS BITCH from the new Natalie Rap

Somehow I had no idea said new Natalie Rap existed.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MomJeans420 posted:

Thoughts on a C6 Corvette vs a C5 Z06 Corvette? I'm assuming the C6 has a nicer interior and is probably the better choice since the power is similar.

C6 Z51 and C5 Z06 are pretty much the same in terms of performance. If you have any desire to do major engine modifications, the C6 is also better in that the 6.0L blocks have a better cylinder head selection than the 5.7L.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

Only if it's an 08+. C5 Z06 against the LS2 cars is a driver's race with a hard nod to the C5 in most cases.

Plus the C6 looks like dogshit. The only ones worth giving in to those looks are a Z06 or a ZR1.

The first part is legit, and is basically what I was saying anyway.

The second... I will only agree that the widebody cars look much better, but I don't think the base C6 looks bad at all. Of course I also don't think the C5 looks bad, especially as a FRC/Z06. At least, on the outside. Which reminds me, if the targa is a benefit, that's another mark in the C6's favor.

The C5 interior... I'm a GM apologist and there's no apologizing for that.

Still wouldn't turn down a C5Z for cheap, though.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

So they're selling for under 30k then? drat that is a killer deal, don't tempt me to go into debt you jerks :argh:

Seriously. How is the RF not moving?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Miata purists seem to dislike it. And I guess wind noise is terrible.

gently caress that, the part of the Miata I liked least was the soft top aside from the few times I could justify having it down.

Also this:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Somehow I think that it is much less terrible than a soft top

Though really I should probably just do a Toyobaru instead since that has a back seat that I can stick the kid in. Not that I should be doing any of these because holy poo poo I'd like to actually spend some time without a car payment.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

everdave posted:

I know you don’t need apps but I couldn’t be more pleased with my TCL roku tv and you can get a 55 for $350

I have a 32" 720p TCL Roku TV in my bedroom. The only reason I've considered replacing it is the 49/55" 4K TCL Roku TVs are so goddamn cheap now. Really is a fantastic bang for the buck TV.

My living room TV is a 60" 1080p Sharp that I paid $1400 for years ago. If it ever dies I'll replace it with a bigger, cheaper, higher resolution TCL in a heartbeat.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Door Frame posted:

At least it isn't Puffin Rock. That's almost as bad as Caillou

Honestly I don't mind Puffin Rock, just for the fact that Chris O'Dowd narrates it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've got glass coverage and of course all I ever get are tiny chips and stars that look the same when 'fixed'. The CR-V is about due for a new windshield.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

In my province, windshield damage is so common that glass coverage either doesn't include windshields or costs more (in premiums, never mind the deductible) than replacing 1.5 windshields a year. It's probably only worth it if you have a hard-to-get windshield like a Subaru SVX.

I'm pretty tolerant of windshield cracks, but everything I own needs a replacement this summer.

Here it's both an inexpensive addon, and protected by state law so glass claims can't be used to raise rates. Yeah it's a must have here.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Congrats on not currently being shot.

I’m happy because my local sports team beat another sports team by putting the round ball in the hoop more than the opposing team and now get to attend the playoffs. They are very fun to watch and this is the only ballsports game I even pay attention to.

My local sportsball team is so bad they're one game away from having the guaranteed worst record in the league for the season.

At this point they could put Barkley back on court for five minutes a game and it would still be an improvement.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

lmao so my data meter updated to 99% but still a date of 4/10 soooooo basically I have no internet for 2 days on top of eating a giant fine.

god i love capitalism

Tether off of your phones?

And yeah, Cox loving blows. I've been getting persistent T3 timeouts on my modem (as have some of my neighbors) and they insist it's nothing to do with their network. I'm switching to CL as soon as I can get my truck rolling out of the garage again.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

Hopefully the monolithic beast that is Century Link can provide you much better service than they do here. My brother has them and gets 40mb, which is more than sufficient IMO, but he's ticked off at them for their billing. When he ordered he asked them a dozen times or more if the price they were quoting included all the taxes and fees, and would be the actual price he had to pay every month, and every time they said yes. His first bill arrives, and it's got a fee of some sort (one of those recovery charge things that's on every bill from Century Link) on top of the price they quoted. When he called them to complain they say that this isn't a tax or fee, it's a "recovery charge", which of course doesn't change the fact that they lied about the price being quoted being the exact price he would need to pay.

He is good at holding a grudge, so he's switching to Cox as soon as the contract time is over.

It should be fun because their website doesn't even acknowledge that my house exists, even though one of their pedestals is literally in my front yard. Putting in my neighbor's address 50' north shows they offer 100mbps service for about $60ish, which is more than enough for me when Cox wants $105 for 300.

My old man has them (a few miles away at a new development, so they have fiber available) and for pure internet-only service it's apparently no extra fees of any kind.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My last pair of glasses before the ones I have now, I used heat shrink tube to hold one arm on after the hinge failed. Worked pretty well actually.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

Adjusted for accuracy.

It'd be worth it. I love me some good curry.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

THE FUTURE

This is the future Ayn Rand wants.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I just don't get how he thought any of that was a good idea.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I mean, I'm not even seeing how making a whole bunch of new discs is actually preventing e-waste. If the issue is that Microsoft's process to DIY it is too onerous, how is paying them $25 for a disc such a horrible thing? Alternatively, spend that same money on developing an app or script that makes the legal download option easier.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've loved all of the new Space Conflicts - TFA, R1, and TLJ. Giant spaceships go boom, people do crazy poo poo and call it the force, there's no Ep1 levels of stupidity (I'm all for the fan-retcon that Qui-Gon is actually a space racist).

I also finally saw Infinity War today and loved it. The only problems were a) the entire row full of kids behind me who kept describing what was happening on-screen (this was at Alamo no less - management agreed they could've done better and comped us some tickets for next time at least) and b) semimajor spoiler it's hard to believe that any of the deaths will be permanent knowing how many / what movies are already queued up later in the MCU. Unless they're all going to be midquels/prequels of some sort that cover some fragment of time in their respective character's histories that haven't been already shown onscreen, it's pretty much a given.

Also, loving lol at Thanos will return

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Well he is the main character of the film.

Very true, just a big WINK WINK THEY'RE ALL DEAD... OR ARE THEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Best way to blank a laptop before junking it is to pull and smash the hard drive right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qWhYlhfWCI

• Locked thread