Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Pootybutt posted:

Gorgeous first ep. Thought it was a bit oddly paced at first, but then it closed on a fuckin clever hook. Can't wait for more.

Yeah this is going to be interesting.

In the age of people being able to locate flags in the middle of deserts via overhead airplanes and a few car horns in the distance it is an interesting question to think about. "How would lupin hide from the internet/social media?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he has stolen a bunch of stuff that turned out to be worthless, though.

Yeah but those were at least cool or presented some sort of challenge otherwise.

Stealing crypto is worthlessly easy. Just set up a "Steal yo poo poo" ICO and name it exactly that.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

wielder posted:

I was amused by how they got out of the airport. It counts as both absurd and clever.

Seeing Lupin get briefly serious later on was interesting. He's only rarely like that.

I have the feeling these killers at the end are probably a reference to an earlier Lupin story, no?

I'm by no means a Lupin historian, but I assume it's a hodgepodge of rivals and enemies from past stories and probably some new ones.

Also the whole "It's totally anonymous and can't be traced bit" is extra funny since it's been shown that tracking *coin ledgers is stupid easy. At least for the FBI.

I hope Lupin gets revenge on the series bad guys by emailing Zenigata their "my_crimes.txt".

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oh wow, this a two cour?

So we're probably getting several long serialized stories at this pace, since I can't see the death day plot lasting too much longer.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would say Lawful Good as the dude is super nice as well. Plus he had no need to go and save Lupin.

Yeah, Zinigata is definitely Lawful Good. The ICPO Chief would be more Lawful Neutral ("Zeni is in trouble because he's violating bureaucratic rules by going into a Non-ICPO country, even though it's for ultimately lawful reasons, to deal with a criminal organization running an international death game that we're most likely investigating anyway since this whole thing started before they went to that country, even though he's not acting in his official capacity (which is itself legal), just because someone in the public might think it's a bad look.")

I'll also second the idea that Zenigata needs to be shown to be able to capture literally any other criminals/villains (up to and including Jigen, Goemon, and Fujiko) because otherwise it breaks the whole reason he's there in the first place. Zenigata is supposed to be the only one even close to competent enough to go after Lupin, even if he ends up being Zeni's white whale. If he's just running around like Inspector Gadget then he could be any other cop.

(Also bring back the extendo/grapple handcuff)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/JamieRoss7/status/1017716401774133248

Pissbaby.

• Locked thread