Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Clipperton posted:

Is "revisionist edits" supposed to be a shot at Soderbergh or what

Last time I watched 2001 I joked with my wife about doing a "Nolan" edit that cut everything before the scene on the moon, replaced the soundtrack with modern movie music, and dubbed dialog that overexplained everything.

This came fairly soon after an Interstellar rewatch, natch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ok I'm down for this. Didn't like the first one as much as I wanted to but this looks fun, and I appreciate Evangeline Lily getting to, y'know, do stuff.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jedit posted:

Still waiting on the Rush Hour 4 trailer.

It boggles me that the Rush Hour trilogy came out across a span of nine years and in that time Chris Tucker didn't make any other movies. It was his sole body of work from 1998 to 2012, when he appeared in Silver Linings Playbook.

I rewatched Jackie Brown the other day and didn't remember that Chris Tucker being in it, so I was pleasantly surprised to see his name in the credits.

And then I realized why I didn't remember him being in the film.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The MSJ posted:

That time when you are a 12-year-old genius and desperate enough to revive your family's criminal empire that you kidnap a fairy and it turns out the fairy is a cop fairy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXlBep9uFjI

Gotta say I was not expecting Radiohead.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It has been a while :smith:

I mean, seven months isn't that long.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's my Cats story: when I was in high school, I found a collection of TS Eliot's poems and thought they were amazing. I looked into if anyone had done adaptations of his works, because a lot of them were pubic domain.

After reading the Wikipedia article about Cats, I decided to make my senior project an album that used excepts from his poems as the lyrics because he deserved better than Cats.

My reach far exceeded my grasp, so now there are at least two terrible musical projects based of off TS Eliot's poems.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

PriorMarcus posted:

It's not uncommon for them to request special food or dietary needs.

The worst celebrity guest we had asked for the disabled toilet to be made their own private one and when we told him that was impossible he pissed multiple times in his dressing room sink with the plug in and left it for us.

Was this Jeremy Clarkson? I bet it was Jeremy Clarkson.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

exquisite tea posted:

Fred Durst is most known for his workmanlike, idiosyncratic directing style. Even when an actor flubs their line or there are continuity errors between shots, he elects to keep ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' WHAT

Well, he does occasionally ask them to back up, back up

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

How to embed via mobile app:

Copy the URL

Press and Hold

Select Video

Select Paste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlW9yhUKlkQ

E: Goddamn that ending - that rules. :lol:

If you're using the Awful Android app, this button is your friend:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Have the Suicide Squad trailer editors make a cut of New Mutants, that way there will be songs that I rocked out to in high school playing in the movie