Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Any clip of Mr. Rogers makes me instantly tear up so I can't wait to sob uncontrollably for however long that documentary is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

I’m with you. He seems super tryhard to me in everything I’ve seen him in and my interest usually goes down when he pops up in something I’m watching

He gave an interview for righteous gemstones where he mentioned he wants a Robin Williams type career where he does dark dramas and comedy and good lord he just does not have the skills. The rest of the cast for righteous gemstones is absolutely amazing though

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

lmao @ every line Tyson utters in this trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5DMMTuwQhs

I am not convinced it's not an elaborate commerical for vodka or something like that

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Can someone tell a 38 year old boomer what the freaking society line is all about because I have no clue why people care at all.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

The internet was a mistake

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

You're missing out on some the best action & stunts of the modern era IMO.

Yeah Justin Lin is easily one of the best action directors working and Fast 5 is incredible even if you haven't seen the others.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

teagone posted:

Yeah, I'm bored of The Rock. I'm all in on the Bautista train now.

Bautista actually took acting lessons and seems willing to take try to push himself a lot more. The Rock seems to know the gravy train won't last forever and is happy to make a fortune on generic family style movies while he can.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Cacator posted:

Aladdin made a billion dollars. Also its lead actor hasn't gotten any notable work since

If you watched the show Reprisal you would understand why. Holy poo poo he is so bad in it. Some of the line reads seem like they are from a high school play

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Just go off the books and make Bond a fat angry alcoholic who gets all pissy when he is put on a diet and just let the Mission Impossible series handle the cool spy stuff.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Looks, you end your movie with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lzqUe1Qfec

And you're gonna be worshipped as one of the greatest movies of all time.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTL4qIIxg8A

It was Tony -- it was.

Yeah I remember going in just knowing absolutely nothing about it aside from the random ads that were "What is the Matrix?". Just had no idea what was going to happen and the energy in the theater was insane. And all this stuff keeps happening and you have no idea why and then the "I know Kung Fu" line hit and the crowd went nuts

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

Otoh if you like to get worked up about movies by problematic people, the Polanski Macbeth is incredible

The Polanski Macbeth is the only Polanski movie I have seen and I really loved it. Just really really good and I think captures the play well.

The 2015 Hamlet was one that I really really wanted to like but I fell asleep halfway through and never went back.

Not to make this the Shakespeare adaptation thread but Coriolanis is really good as well...

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

AFewBricksShy posted:

How long has the flash movie been in production?
Is this one of those Armageddon/Deep Impact scenarios where 2 movies decided to hit the multiverse independently of each other?

I thought it was canceled after Miller strangled a woman and shoved her to the ground on video but I was wrong

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Human Tornada posted:

They're not trying to bring in Uncharted fans, they already have your money. They're trying to bring in everybody else who has no idea what Uncharted is but have seen the Spider-Man and Avengers movies.

The only thing I know from uncharted is that Sully has white hair and Whalberg does not have white hair in the trailer so I am confused. Also I love Tom Holland but he looks like he is 12

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

teagone posted:

Yeah, lol. Love Oscar Isaac, but that accent is atrocious lmao.

I watched that and had to look it up on IMDb cause I was like "wait, isn't Oscar Isaac supposed to be in this"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMSdFM12hOw&hd=1

Robert Eggers rules...

Edit, added hi def link

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 20, 2021

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Anyone else kinda grossed out at Adam Brody killing all those dudes in that house? The visuals alone.

Yeah I really don't know what that movie is going for but it's probably going to be not great...

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Tim Whatley posted:

Hacksaw Ridge was B movie level violent and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Mel Gibson is a hateful piece of poo poo who deserves to be irrelevant forever

It was so weird that Andrew Garfield stared in two movies the same year that were on the complete opposite ends of the Christian spectrum.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Colonel Whitey posted:

I liked the shot where Jon Bernthal hides the gun behind his back while 3 other dudes with fully exposed guns are right behind him

That's like an old school detective thing (plain clothes guys would do that when moving to arrest someone so they didn't see the gun and make them for cops) so I could see Ed Burns telling him to do that.

Also

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

bernthal is a loving gem

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

kiimo posted:

Crouching Tiger can not be left off this list

You might be thinking of Chow Yun-Fat

Who does rule though.

But speaking of Crouching Tiger I am really glad Everything Everywhere All at Once is getting good reviews because while Michelle Yeoh is a fantastic actress I really don't think she's gotten her due yet since she is still a stunt woman first in most people's eyes.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ETYBNs6ZA

Hbo seems to be crushing it right now and Ben Foster is a crazy underrated actor. Definitely adding this to my watchlist.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Machine guns. All you need is machine guns to take care of the dinosaurs.
Everyone wielding pistols.

I don't know why these movies just refuse to acknowledge how good humans are at killing things. There would be dino hunting safaris and every ammo manufacturer in the states would start charging insane prices for "dino killing" bullets which would literally just be regular bullets painted green.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

PeterCat posted:

That's so loving stupid it makes my head hurt.

How do zombies react to artillery?

Yeah the book pretty much said all of the armies weapons were worthless so the army designed some .22 caliber rifle that was only for headshots. It was really really really stupid. Pretty sure artillery will stop a zombie.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

The answer should have been The Harder They Fall

I'm glad Majors is getting big roles. Dude is great.

Seriously The Harder They Fall rules, Regina King is fantastic in it.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
I want to see Nazis get hosed up and judging by the trailer that's what I am gonna get. Day one watch for me

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Jewmanji posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ji5U2sTlLU

Well this looks awful. From David Lowery? Yeesh. Hollywood just cannot get this story right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQBGmBOhQEE

I mean it can't be any worse than this but it sure is trying

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

I actually can't help but watch it every time it's posted. It's so bad it loops back around to being amazing. It's stunningly bad. Every choice made was the wrong one.

Right!! I can't even explain it. Nothing about it makes sense. Every decision made leading up to that was wrong.

And seriously why that song. Just why. It makes no sense

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

kiimo posted:

lmao I loved UHF as a kid. I watched it a hundred times and could quote it verbatim. I still reference it constantly in my late 40s.

You should read some of the reviews from actual adults when it came out though.

UHF rules and it has my favorite joke of all time. Paraphrasing here What would your father say if he was alive today? Help help let me out of this box

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

kiimo posted:

My childhood friend Dave Dastmalchian is in this and he said filming it was a living nightmare.

It is extremely rare with Hollywood but every now and then I come across someone who genuinely seems like a good guy and I genuinely feel happy for them. Your friend is one of those guys.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Samovar posted:

I... Don't remember that happening in ANY of the three movies.

I'm assuming the Blood Meridian chat in the general thread a few days ago spilled over here...

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah I think it’s using the word spoilers for real events that makes it weird. Discussing it as if it were fiction you’re trying not to know too much about.

Not looking deeper isn’t a huge issue.

I agree, I really really don't like the word spoiler being used here.

That being said I am honestly going to watch the movie first before I do any reading about this since I really don't have time right now to do this event justice and also it really seems like Scorsese went about making this movie in the absolute right way and that the Osage peoples story is being told in a way that they want it to be told and is respectful to their history. Just overall really impressed by what I have read about the production so far. But if anyone has suggestions for decent books to read about this (aside from the one the movie is based on) I am open to all suggestions.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Colonel Whitey posted:

I want present day Al Pacino as Wonka. Just haggard as all hell and chain smoking

Oddly enough Pacino wants Chalamet to play the younger version of his character in Heat 2. Which I don't know if it works either because I can't really picture Timothee Chalamet shotgunning home invaders while hoped up on amphetamines

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Jewmanji posted:

I couldn’t finish hell or high water or wind river and Yellowstone is extremely unappealing to me, but is he actually a bad dude or just a bad filmmaker?

His politics are just all over the place. Mayor of Kingstown has some legit criticisms against the prison industrial complex and the police being militarized but is also easily one of the most misogynistic shows on TV right now. And I did enjoy parts of Wind River but he got a lot of poo poo for bragging about how he has done all this work to bring awareness to indigenous issues when in reality the movie suffers from white savior bullshit.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

AceOfFlames posted:

At the very least, Sheridan doesn't seem to be using his clout to endorse terrible politicians, at least to my knowledge. Scummiest thing he did was purchase the 6666 Ranch in Texas with his money and then convince Paramount into shooting the show there and charge them market rent for all the stuff there, so he gets paid coming and going. I kind of respect the grift there.

My Sheridan hot take is I don't actually think he has terrible politics but I think he is an idiot who isn't capable of nuance and is way to full of himself. Sicario is one of my favorite movies from the past decade (yes I know he only wrote it) so I think in the right circumstances he is capable of good stuff. And I think he does try to critique toxic masculinity at times with his stuff but then his tiny brain is like "MANLY COWBOY LOOKS COOL."

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

One Piece has some very odd fan film esq visuals but those actors kill it and elevated it. I’ve watched a few episodes twice ngl lmao

I hate anime, never watch anime but gently caress I liked One Piece. Finished it in two nights. Got ten minutes into Cowboy Bebop before I got angry and turned it off

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Can you elaborate on what this means?

Honestly I generally don't like animated stuff, I know it's dumb to dismiss a whole type of art but it never really did much for me. I didn't even really like Disney animated movies as a kid. And my first roommate in college was huge into anime and we watched a bunch together and like I said I just disliked it a lot. Sorry

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Nothing wrong with that. It's a completely fair viewpoint. If you're not into animated stuff at all, that's just what it is. Hell, I don't watch horror stuff. At all. I don't care how good you tell me it is. If it's horror or horror adjacent, I'm not watching it. Zero interest ever.

I think a lot of people get prickly when someone will say something like "I love <insert animated shows here such as Adventure Time, Futurama, Rick & Morty, Bob's Burgers> but I hate anime."

Yeah and honestly I understand the getting prickly and legit I would never judge anyone for what they like.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Enderzero posted:

I’ll see this because gf liked the trailer a lot, and it looks solid to me too. But I’m not a big fan of the trailer, way too much triumphant music for a revenge story. Your kid is still dead my brother in christ.

John Travolta being all sad in Face/Off was a distraction from the action. Moving on right to the revenge is the right call

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Lol The Beekeeper looks so dumb I am there day 1

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
I am a simple man that just wants to see Jason Statham punch people and maybe do some actual beekeeping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Prey so the gift that keeps giving. Still holds up

Prey rules, I really hope they make a sequel to it.