Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
So does the character really like snakes or something. Cuz why would he name himself Venom if an alien symbiote took over his body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Pycckuu posted:

Venom looks good. Tom Hardy owns. The only good super hero movies are Sam Raimi spidermen.

A winning trio of opinions

The Tobey Spiderman movies do not hold up well. 2 skates by on the back of Oscar Molina's remarkable performance.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Jedit posted:

You could at least get Alfred Molina's name right.

Oh, oops, i mistook Alfred for his much more talented, handsomer brother Oscar.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I saw the Happytime red band trailer with Deadpool 2 in a packed theater and the crowd went nuts for it. Cheering and laughing all the way through. These are the people that pay for movies.

Manchildren are a gold mine of disposable income

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

I'd be crazy if I'm not excited for Mission Impossible Fallout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLiZeg6zU4M

This is an auto-see in the theater.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnqjSgMU36U

The look of this movie is really hitting the right notes for me, some of the shots were giving me Barry Lyndon vibes.

I'd rather just rewatch Elizabeth, a nearly perfect film.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Every new cast reveal made me want to see it less. Vera Farmiga, Stranger Things Girl, Silicon Valley Guy, Friday Night Lights Coach? Ugh

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

What kills me more about Venom is they’re making him fight another symbiote. (SP?) How boring.

Looks like multiple. Asian lady, someone else and the CEO guy

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

From the director of Happy Feet and Babe 2: Pig in the City...

Happy Feet is adorable and lovely and Babe 2 is amazing and terrifying. that's great pedigree

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

kiimo posted:

The re-shoots and the effects have improved this movie significantly. I'd classify it as 'stupid fun' now.

Yeah this looks wildly different from the original trailer and I really loving hope I don't see any precocious little kids in this

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Dillbag posted:

It's the story of Gary Hart and it makes me feel old that his name isn't instantly recognizable. They made fun of him in MAD magazine all the time.

I'm old enough to remember Hart but it took me a minute to place the film - once the innuendo about affairs popped up I had my aha moment.

Some professors of mine spoke like Hart like he was the final shining light of American liberalism and him being a philanderer was the real end of the American Political Dream.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I didn't know about this so I googled him and saw a Vanity Fair article so I started reading it and it felt a bit... off given the world we live in. I go back to the top and realize it was written in 1987 and loving :lol:

Yeah we dove head first into an empty pool, at some point someone's gonna look back and ask, who stole all the water?

America is super duper incapable of genuine self examination. But loves naval gazing. A land of contrasts

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Bumblebee looks like absolute hot fire. Will be a smash. Taps all the buttons

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Looks trite. Like every line is a straight up cliche. Why would anyone want to see this? Comfort in the familiar and expected?

I'd also love to have sat in on the meeting to discuss whether or not to hit a huge trailer note on dmx saying 'my balls'

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah, you could have taken that entire budget and spent it interviewing Iraqi and Afghani children for 120 minutes about how their parents were murdered by American bombs and their nation is a nightmare world thanks to American bombs and they have no future now thanks to him. Werner Herzog, where are you when we need you

Yeah but that won't make money or win awards and make America self-rationalize that we're not monsters

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

kiimo posted:

I thought Jungle Book was fantastic but I was on a plane and you can’t trust your emotions up there

It was clean and fun. Forgettable aside from Walken's great turn as the king ape.
Beauty and the beast was unwatchable garbage and I can't imagine why this would be different

It'll make 2billion

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

So in other words, the railroad tycoon literally worked John Henry to death by cranking up his steam engine.

Yes it almost makes you think

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

So it doesn't bother you guys shane black keeps making the exact same movie over again but when marvel does it it's a crime against humanity

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

LesterGroans posted:

Depends what you mean by successful. Orange is the New Black has been on longer, Bojack Horseman has done better critically and Stranger Things is bigger culturally. I haven't seen Narcos though, so it may trump them when it comes to quality.

I've never seen Narcos either and I don't know anyone who has. Women wouldn't shut up about Orange when it first came out, and my dumb 80s-kid generation loved Stranger Things because it tapped their nostalgia button in cheap and tacky ways.

Everyone I know is talking about Hill House though, across genders and age groups too. It's pretty impressive how popular it is.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Probably around $1.4 billion.

id be genuinely amazed if it doesnt make more than that. an absolute trash Beauty was 1.4 right? lion king will set all time records

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

morestuff posted:

Soderbergh, the screenwriter of Moonlight and an interesting cast doing a movie about NBA labor politics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iL1K_l8Jyo

this is interesting to me because in thr last lockout i got into an argument with a pro-ownership dude whose whlle thing was the owners putting the infrastructure of the league together. i said if you took these players and strapped some webcams on poles at a street court, millions would watch that poo poo.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

it doesnt help that harbor is terribly unpleasant to look at in his makeup. he looks like a terrifying demon monster, while pearlman was basically the comic come to life.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

mindy kaling interned on the conan obrien show at the start of her career.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Yep. Adam Driver has the funniest/coolest voices

his comedic timing really is impressive. hes probably the most versatile male actor of this generation. really quietly excellent in everything he does.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

leto was loving garbage in blade runner. harrison ford was lazy but leto was actively embarrassing and overacting

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

i dont think anyone really thought he'd become a rapper but there were legit questions about how behavior, mental state and career choices. he went really deep into that character.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

The Clap posted:

this is the best trailer ever made in the history of the universe

its too long and shows too much
the previous trailer rolled better

imagine how hype itd be to see the haka revealed in the theater
now its simply an Expected Moment

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Vegetable posted:

Jake Gyllenhaal is too good for this superhero poo poo

probably true i just hope the role doesnt let him down. the vulture needed a bit more screentime but michael keaton helped make Homecoming

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

bows1 posted:

Hard pass cause of Lin-Manuel.

soft pass. im not exactly sure what bugs me so much about him either but its there...

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

wow theyre actually making a movie instead a gag-inducing soulless shot for shot remake
good for them

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

Whatever actual performance Hanks brings seems secondary to the trust and affection audiences have towards him as a person. You want someone spotless to portray a kind of modern day saint.

i just don't see the value of portraying him period. as many have said the documentary is excellent and serves rogers better than an actor portrayal can.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, some wrestlers/MMA fighters can turn into decent actors (The Rock, Gina Carano both come to mind as being pretty good), but Rousey is just...not...good.

gina carano was not good, she was spectacularly bad. absolute zero onscreen charisma with a laughable range. she was goos at fights though

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Dillbag posted:

How has no one posted The Mandalorian trailer yet? gently caress yeah, IG-88.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw

it's fuckin Boba Fett

i guess? why not

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

ig-14

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Ehud posted:

if you don't want to see this you're a dork!!

it might be good but i have zero desire to watch it. it looks like an odious film

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

They’re stars, after all.

No, that’s a disappointing Dennis Quaid movie.

ben foster is really good in it though which is true of everything hes in

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Unoriginal Name posted:

I love Ben Foster, but go watch the World of Warcraft movie to be disillusioned of this opinion

hes still good in that and the movie almost works
the canyon lightning scene owns i literally believed ben foster could summon lightning

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

god thats really bad. and the girl kicking looks naked.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

The Peccadillo posted:

Tom Segura as the sagely expert in a horror movie is very funny to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6O4iy3Twwo

Movie looks eh

this is actually a pretty wild idea, combine whatever dumb tech horror with final destination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w54yW2Ur50

Multiplicity remake coming along nicely.

i mean its paul rudd so sure