Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

zari-gani posted:

Lord I hate the head-shaped cases

I remember they had an offer to replace that Season 6 Homer head with a regular box, but it was a pain in the rear end (There was a website devoted to it but you couldn't actually order it there, you had to download a form, which had to be printed and filled out by hand, and you also had to include a personal check to cover shipping and include the UPC code from the little flap of paper that was originally stuck to the back of the case.) Also the language of the press release and the website made fun of you, the customer, for being a whiny baby who was wildly upset about your cartoons not being in the right box.

(I never got my replacement box, because it was 2007 and I was too darn lazy and irresponsible to bother.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

brugroffil posted:

whoops meant the one they use coming into/out of ad reads

Ad read intro/outro is also Simpsons arcade - from a late game level you never knew existed/reached as a kid because you didn't have $20 in quarters

Ad read background track is from the Virtual Springfield CD-ROM

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"I would've liked [Undergrads] more if they turned into sharks." :hmmyes:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

twistedmentat posted:

As The Adventures of Pete and Pete were not broadcast in Canada when I was a kid but drat if I had I would have been so into it.

Just from stuff like this and PushingUpRoses's video on Pete and Pete i get that feeling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MagG2PCYEE

Just...seek it out and watch it now. It's so good. It's so drat good.

Watching the clips in that video reminds me of how just seeing a frame of the show that makes me wistful for North Jersey in late Summer/early Autumn...a state I've never actually set foot in, at ANY time of year.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Like I've said before, I honestly just want them to watch the bad stuff. I just want to hear them suffer through everything that launched during the second cartoon boom in the early aughts, the stuff that everybody threw at the wall following the success of South Park, Family Guy and Adult Swim. I want to experience some kind of...sympathetic drift misery, about two decades removed from when I would watch any of those new "edgy" cartoon for at least a few minutes.

Barring that, I dunno....Doug? Doug is a show that sits firmly in a place where I watched it every day for about 2 years in the 7 PM rerun spot on Nickelodeon, to the point where you could describe any episode to me and I'd have a vague recollection of it - yet in hindsight I ask "Why did I ever watch that show?" It's a show about a nerd with social anxiety, which seems like it would be relatable...but I always hated Doug; nobody was watching Doug for Doug. Add the weird angle that Doug is literally the Only White Man in this entire world that he lives in, and suddenly there's a new layer to this crap. Still, I carry an odd nostalgia for it, plus I'd love to hear a two-parter where they breakdown what happened between Doug and Disney's Brand Spankin' New Doug. (I only remember watching one episode of Disney's Doug; it involved a scene where Doug turned the tables on his Dad by giving him The Sex Talk. I said "This is not the Doug I know" and didn't revisit it.)

YggiDee posted:

Or weird poo poo from the National Film Board of Canada. One of the cable channels used to have a late night show that was just compilations of weird Canadian animated shorts. Some of it was just, like, cute cartoons but some of it was really experimental mediums like sand-on-glass or it was the artist exorcising their own personal demons onto a film strip. I watched it when I was pretty young and it probably hosed me up a little.

Oh, Canada on Cartoon Network. I think that ran Sunday nights, either before or after ToonHeads, the show where they'd run three shorts with an animator/director/voice actor in common, with little trivia interstitials. What Oh, Canada taught me was that animators all over the world are kinda weird.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Thompsons posted:

Any of the cartoons written on the tombstones in that one Treehouse of Horror intro

Yeahhhh, Fish Police!

Fawf posted:

They've done Doug!

I was pretty sure they had! I stand by my "Deep dive on the differences between the two versions" stance!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Srice posted:

I'll always appreciate Allen Gregory for being indirectly responsible for the creation of Hollywood Handbook. Just as long as I don't have to actually watch it.

Along those lines, I want (demand) Bob and Henry to locate and recap an episode of Murder Police, the animated series that Sean wrote for after Allen Gregory, and that Fox cancelled before it even aired. There are 13 fully animated, 22-minute episodes of the thing, never broadcast anywhere, existing in that same cartoon limbo as David Spade's Sammy. (I guess Disney owns it now, meaning it's even less likely to be found.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

BizarroAzrael posted:

I took a vacation to Montreal and an abiding memory of the TV there besides the continuity bits for Just For Laughs, was a pretty blatant knock-off of American Dad/Family Guy on Teletoon in which a NY mob family relocates to Canada. I may be giving it too much credit comparing it to American Dad.

"Fugget About It"? The show I had never heard of until yesterday when Hulu put it on my recommendation list and on sight I said "No, I don't think so"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

xtal posted:

How does this play out in the episode where Bart goes to France or whatever?

I just saw this on Twitter, the gist is that people have a hard time understanding Bart's Quebecois accent/slang. In the end, instead of passively learning to speak French, he unwittingly drops his native speech patterns and transitions into speaking like a Parisian.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Analytic Engine posted:

Is this what got Al Jean mad at you, Bob?

Seems like perfectly cromulent satire

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/leaked-simpsons-movie/

This is gold; the "I want the following people to appear in this scene:" bit is so true. Good Job Bob.

Earlier tonight I was searching for something on Frinkiac and laughed at this frame for like a solid minute.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
These clothes look like poo poo