Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
maybe i'm not able to fully appreciate it since i don't know a weed guy in this city but it seems kinda slow paced. i keep having to force myself through, only on ep 11 and i started in january.

then again season 1 was slow but good and season 2 was slow and bad. jury is out on s3 though the scene with all the slot machines jackpotting was pretty cool.

has anyone else seen a show like this where it's like you don't not enjoy it but it just seems to take forever to move through the eps? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Caganer posted:

maybe i'm not able to fully appreciate it since i don't know a weed guy in this city but it seems kinda slow paced. i keep having to force myself through, only on ep 11 and i started in january.

then again season 1 was slow but good and season 2 was slow and bad. jury is out on s3 though the scene with all the slot machines jackpotting was pretty cool.

has anyone else seen a show like this where it's like you don't not enjoy it but it just seems to take forever to move through the eps? :shrug:

Did you watch the movie?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Vato posted:

Did you watch the movie?

should i have?

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Caganer posted:

should i have?

That's how I understood it. I watched the movie, then I watched the show. It was still very weird. Are you talking about the new show? I haven't seen it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I loved X-Files and Twin Peaks but I refuse to watch any of the new episodes because I'm 90% sure it's all trash

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Vato posted:

Did you watch the movie?

Yeah the movie is kind of important to season 3 but it’s also the worst installment of the twin peaks franchise

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
My step mum used to watch this and she is a crazy bitch so by extension if you watch this you are also a crazy bitch

thanks for reading

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Dougie Jones loving sucks.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

fruit on the bottom posted:

Yeah the movie is kind of important to season 3 but it’s also the worst installment of the twin peaks franchise

:wrong:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

fruit on the bottom posted:

can you spoil it for me :/

Vastarien posted:

very low energy

apparently he just brought a pie to the desert though. idiot! bring a cool drink. Moron!

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts

quote:

apparently he just brought a pie to the desert though. idiot! bring a cool drink. Moron!

...Moron...

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Watched the movie right before I started the third season. Got three episodes in and needed a break. Will restart it soon and try again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Best series of tv I've seen in my life. The last five minutes gave me Sopranos-ending levels of dread.

Deffo watch FWWM or else you won't have a clue what's happening (even more so)

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Season 3 was excruciatingly slow in parts, and in general pretty hard to watch. But looking back on it now, I'm surprised at how dark it was. The overall sense I took from it is a thicker, more hopeless sense of dread than any other Lynch work (and that's saying something).

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Best series of tv I've seen in my life. The last five minutes gave me Sopranos-ending levels of dread.

Deffo watch FWWM or else you won't have a clue what's happening (even more so)

im too lazy too im already 11 eps deep. i read the wikipedia entry, if it's good enoguh for english class it should be good enough for lynch.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I want to have sex with Naomi Watts and that fbi lady. Hth

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
It's the most important thing ever made.
gently caress you.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Kuato posted:

I want to have sex with Naomi Watts and that fbi lady. Hth

Audrey Horne is the only woman for me in Twin Peaks

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Vastarien posted:

YOU loving SUCK

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Season 3 was OK. When it was good it was really good, but don't go in expecting answers or any sort of neat and tidy ending. That's not what Twin Peaks is about. Honestly I think it was missing a lot of the fun and mystery that made the first season so good, but to each their own.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Season 3 owns. Dougie Jones owns. The ending owns.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Caganer posted:

Audrey Horne is the only woman for me in Twin Peaks

I think I'd go so far as to say she makes me... Horney

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The best parts of season 3 were all dreamy and hosed up

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

The best parts of season 3 were all dreamy and hosed up

"People are under a lot of stress, Bradley."

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
The highs in that season are really high. But the lows are really low. Some of the Dougie stuff was really painful to sit through.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Season 3 was nothing more than one 18 hour long mish mash of past Lynch pastiches dragged throughout. It puts many actors in ridiculous roles with ridiculous lines and ridiculous delivery. Then it caps it off with an ambiguous ending with no closure whatsoever with the full intent to disappoint you.

It's loving awesome and I would watch it all again.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Season 3 is some god drat win.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Season 3 was the closest we will ever get to a David Lynch Variety Show (with musical guest, The Nine Inch Nails)

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Every Dougie/Janie/Mitchum Bros. scene is pure gold. It's this constant absurdity that's hilarious. If it's not Dougie himself, it's Janie's reactions that make them even funnier.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

Season 3 was nothing more than one 18 hour long mish mash of past Lynch pastiches dragged throughout. It puts many actors in ridiculous roles with ridiculous lines and ridiculous delivery. Then it caps it off with an ambiguous ending with no closure whatsoever with the full intent to disappoint you.

It's loving awesome and I would watch it all again.

Yeah same

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Off to Wendys!

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Now that a few months passed since the final series some people online posted some interesting analysis and it's fun to read and find out their theories.

One thing that I believe is that Lynch is getting afraid of death in his old age. I thought themes came close to the subject often and as a previous poster mentioned, theres a lot of dread in the new season.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Odddzy posted:

Now that a few months passed since the final series some people online posted some interesting analysis and it's fun to read and find out their theories.

One thing that I believe is that Lynch is getting afraid of death in his old age. I thought themes came close to the subject often and as a previous poster mentioned, theres a lot of dread in the new season.

who isn't?

best case i can never smoke weed or qtips my ears again worst case i gotta stop batin' and hang out in a choir

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
s3 was the pinnacle of television, the absolute zenith of the medium, everything on television before it was only there to build up to it and everything to air after it exists only to reinforce the majesty of s3 as all of it has paled and will pale in comparison until the day comes where we all destroy our televisions whilst confronting our shadow selves

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

Every Dougie/Janie/Mitchum Bros. scene is pure gold. It's this constant absurdity that's hilarious. If it's not Dougie himself, it's Janie's reactions that make them even funnier.

DOUGIE: "Jade give two rides."
JANEY-E: "I'LL BET SHE DID!"

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Absolute best ending to anything ever

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Absolute best ending to anything ever

Would have been better without the scream.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Yeah near the end I like how he filmed old people pretending to be young people; cutting new scenes into parts of fire walk with me.

There are really good parts and tons of good surreal poo poo.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Season 3 loving rules.
All of twin peaks rules.

Audrey is insanely attractive. Like one of my top 5. Not just her looks but the way she carries herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gatekeeper posted:

s3 was the pinnacle of television, the absolute zenith of the medium, everything on television before it was only there to build up to it and everything to air after it exists only to reinforce the majesty of s3 as all of it has paled and will pale in comparison until the day comes where we all destroy our televisions whilst confronting our shadow selves

This, but 100% unironically.

• Locked thread