Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Speedruns of CT rely heavily on pausing the game at the right moment during stuff happening (or pausing and un-pausing until you get to that moment) and then loving with items and such so you end up swapping specific 0s and 1s around and end up changing your game in such a way that you benefit, rather than the game falling over on itself.

The game doesn't count time in the menus so the fastest times are pretty loving insane because 99.999% of the time is spent in the menus moving poo poo around to get the game broken in just the right way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Shitenshi posted:

Hell yes. By Magus's Castle, their individual healing techs are better than Marle's Aura, and their healing double tech puts Aura Beam/Aura Whirl to shame. Their triple tech is great too. The only problem is they can't cover Magus's fire element shift, but other than that? They hold up pretty well, up to the endgame.

Yeah for magus' castle I roll crono, robo, frog because that triple tech is loving nasty

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Wugga posted:

Just chiming in to say I'm enjoying this LP quite a bit. CT is my favourite JRPG alongside FF6 and FF7 and you're definitely doing it justice, OP.

Also I just went through my game collection to find something for a friend and since I came across this, I had to post it here too:

I've owned this sucker for about 20 years now. It was never released in Europe (let alone Finland), so I couldn't believe my luck when I left a classified ad for buying it and someone actually replied. It's probably more than 5 times the value I paid for it back then, but hell if I'm ever selling.

Nice! Someone stole my original cart back in the day :(

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I always rolled with robo, that triple tech is nasty for this point in the game.

This is one of my favorite points in the game (aren't they all though!) with the little tidbit that gets dropped by Magus "I merely summoned him!" so you find out Lavos has been around for a while.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I absolutely loathe the next part of the game. I 100% enjoy the dead protagonist but god this part coming immediately after is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

McNally posted:

I don't think it exists prior to 12,000 BC

Correct, it exists in 12000BC and on

• Locked thread