Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I honestly hated the Ronda match. I thought she looked like poo poo when she botched 80 percent of her moves.

When Stephanie botched 80 percent of Ronda’s moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They named Shane’s sons during his entrance and he went to hug each of them so I don’t think they’d try to portray one of them as someone different later in the show.

They just both have long hair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Nia's a cousin of some kind right? So they at least got a win somewhere this time.

Nia is apparently really close to Rock's mother, who's her aunt. I don't know if she's her real aunt or just like that thing people do where an older cousin is called an aunt/uncle though. Internet doesn't seem to know the exact link between them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dacap posted:

Did they do this just to give Roman the belt at the Oil Rumble instead

Nobody knows yet but some are speculating it's to do Brock/Lashley.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

Ronda's still a bit green, but I liked what I saw. I think Baszler is a bit more promising overall, but both have transitioned to wrestling remarkably well it seems like.

Well, Shayna does have 3 more years of experience too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if Alexa will become reformed now that she has been brutally crushed by Nia Jax.

If Nia wasn't so big her samoan drop wouldn't have been as effective.

Makes you think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mary had a little clam posted:

your gimmick in this thread is... fatiguing

...But there's no bait on that hook.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Title unification

USA wants women on both shows.

I don't see it changing if it goes to Fox. If anything Fox will want more blonde women.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JamMasterJim posted:

So, what the gently caress will they do with Raw's tag division? Having BAR win the titles right away would be too lazy, Club/Revival and the rest have become kind of a joke.
The only viable candidates I can think are Woken Matt/Bray and Authors of Pain.

An AOP call-up beating Braun wouldn't hurt his momentum. Those 2 guys are big and scary enough.

(Although I don't know how they look next to Braun. Everyone looks big and scary standing next to the mummy of Paul Ellering and DIY.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Demtor posted:

THIS. Why does she have that gimmick anyway? Did I miss Roddy's adoration for her or something? Can someone explain this?

The man passed away fairly recently. Is everyone really okay with giving his whole look and style to a new hire? Seems like... too soon? I can't think of another legendary wrestler who dies but then has their gimmick given to another newly hired worker. Ever. It just seems wrong to me.

She was a big Piper fan growing up and asked to use the Rowdy nickname in UFC, then apparently they became pretty close friends.

His family says he treated her like a daughter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

tonight would be 100x worse than last night if they're concerned about the crowd

Yeah but tonight the boos mean cheers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

I really don't know how anyone can still be excited to see callups or signings, knowing what the people who are called up or signed will be in for

1 out of 4 turns out alright.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The WWE was exempt from the piledriver, blood etc. rules because the commission considers them professional enough to ensure safety, or something like that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kairi is not even on the NXT TV roster yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have tickets for Raw on the 30th, so if Roman wins I get priority booing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The betting odds started shifting too early for it to have been an audible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

schweens posted:

Disappointed that no one brought a Roman is a Holocaust Denier sign this year

He's already over with the Saudis.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

So did we ever confirm if Nicholas is a McMahon or a Cone?

Cone.

Doesn't even really look like Shane's kid, they just both have long hair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WWE booking: Not quite as bad as a bus crash that kills 15 kids, and one family is told theirs survived only to find out 2 days later that it was mistaken identity and their son is actually dead

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do it ironically posted:

is braun going to get a real partner tonight? probably right? maybe this is finn's chance

I think the teaming with a small child joke played itself out yesterday.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Dude, how the gently caress is THAT the finish you go with if you're putting Roman over literally three weeks later?

Do a DQ, then end with Roman spearing Lesnar and standing tall. Do a double countout, do a double KO. The way they did it actually for real killed Roman Reigns and now we're supposed to buy that he's gonna be champion three loving weeks later?

God drat, Vince is so stupid.

In Saudi Arabia Roman is going to commune with the power of the pharaohs and gain the power to defeat Brock.

(Mr. McMahon, that's not where they-)

Book it, dammit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Actually, have there been any wrestlers with a time travel gimmick?

Chikara did an extensive time travel storyline over several years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vertical Lime posted:

and they laughed at me when i said ronda would be the end of asuka's career

Asuka only started using the armbar because of Ronda too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It's cool how they kneecapped the career of the greatest female wrestler in the world so they could get Ric Flair's Daughter over because she's Ric Flair's Daughter

Okay now.

She’s not even the greatest female Japanese wrestler. In WWE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ijii posted:

I don't watch NXT and the first thing that came to mind with No Way Jose showing up was Adam Rose and the Rose Buds. Do we really need another doofus with a retard following? I'm not a fan of Elias being clowned again in 10 second on Raw. Nothing against Lashley, but looks like Elias is getting shoved down to comedic mid carder.

I'm curious to see how the dynamic duo of Matt and Bray work out. Down the road I'm sure Bray will reveal he was fooling Matt the whole time. I was disappointed to see Braun relinquishing the tag titles, I feel bad for Nicholas who didn't really have any say in the matter despite having the biggest pop of the night.

Elias is and always has been the comedy mid carder.

He can’t wrestle so it’s his ceiling anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The New Japan chant at the end of the Sami and Kevin match is a pretty clear sign that it's the real competition to the WWE in the US

Not until it’s on real TV.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They have paid national TV so that puts them ahead of Impact and ROH until Sinclair buys the rest of local TV to turn into a propaganda machine

I only count HBO2 or better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His promos for them were dumb metal concept album nonsense anyway, it's not a major downgrade.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rare Magic card l00k posted:

So surely the problem with the WWE main event picture is Roman and not the unending rotation of part-timers.

Correct.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Ah, so it's Roman's fault Daniel Bryan thought brain trauma and lying to doctors was a totally rad thing. Good to know.

Yes, Daniel knew he couldn't allow himself to be taken off TV or Roman would ruin it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

He would ruin that too. All jokes aside it hasn't been THAT bad lately.

Well they just lost a month's worth of tapings because of Del Rio, so strap in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

Alexa? She had turned things around but was still just "heely valet"

Bliss was pretty popular in NXT too.

The 205 Live thing was apparently a last chance for Murphy, and it seems to have worked out well because the crowds have loved him and he's the #1 contender.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Which is dumb because they should turn Elias face soon.

His gimmick doesn't work at all as a face, even if the crowds are cheering it now.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Do you have a problem with that? I don’t. He’s Mister Dot Com after all.

I'm just saying going from nonsense to (hopefully) not doing promos doesn't hurt them any.

As long as they don't start talking regularly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Roman fans can't afford to attend tapings with all the shirts they buy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't count Wrestlemania.

Also you shouldn't count every other single WWE PPV and TV, because that's kind of damaging to my argument here so please.

projecthalaxy posted:

They had a big display of Roman Reigns youth shirts set up at the house show i went to. Everyone excitedly walked past them to buy Shinsuke shirts and Becky goggles

Every time I've even gone to an event, which is like 4 in the last 2 years now, they didn't even sell any kid sizes for some reason.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I was wearing a sami zayn shirt so what do i know about merch lmao

Nobody was buying the MITB replicas for 200 dollars for some reason

$200? They were $90 CAD here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waffleopolis posted:

I was wondering, can HHH, Steph, and the rest of the WWE board vote to oust Vince? I know it's unlikely but just curious if that is an option they can actually take.

Vince has like 75% of all voting power.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At the end of 2017 when Vince sold some A shares to fund the XFL:

quote:

"On December 21, 2017, Vincent K. McMahon ("Mr. McMahon"), Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (the "Company"), sold 3,340,000 shares of the Company's Class A common stock in a block trade made in accordance with the provisions of Rule 144 of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. Mr. McMahon executed the sale primarily to fund a separate entity from the Company, Alpha Entertainment LLC, which Mr. McMahon established to explore investment opportunities across the sports and entertainment landscapes, including professional football. Mr. McMahon has informed the Company that he has no current plan to sell additional shares of the Company's stock and that he intends to continue in his capacity as the Company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for the foreseeable future.

The shares sold by Mr. McMahon represent approximately 4.3% of the Company's total outstanding shares of Class A and Class B common stock. After the sale, Mr. McMahon beneficially owns 32,193,375 shares of the Company's Class B common stock, which represents approximately 82.8% of the Company's total voting power and approximately 41.8% of the Company's total outstanding shares of common stock."

So Vince has 41.8% of the company but because it's mostly magic McMahon only stock he has 82.8% of the voting.

Simply being owned by a McMahon doesn't make stock the B class 10x voting power stock, they all also own some commoner A class stock too. But it's all setup so they're untouchable.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 10, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I am pretty sure if Vince or Steph sells class B stock, though, it becomes class A.

Yeah, it works in reverse (Stephanie did it in 2015, but it’s unclear if Vince only sold A or some B for the XFL) but like if Vince bought out Barrios his portion of stock doesn’t become class B. It stays A.

I have no clue if new B can be created or not though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently Dean was going to be the one to turn heel on the Shield this time (since Roman can't and Seth already did.) So the injury may have spared you that turn.

a new study bible! posted:

Lol at WWE running a spectacular mega show and not allowing the women to compete. I understand the cultural dissonance, but that seems pretty hosed up.

It's not technically them that aren't allowing it.

Edit: Becky has a solid explanation for why she didn't help out Charlotte.
https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/983886144424349696

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 11, 2018

• Locked thread