Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Philosophy Tube put out a statement about the Contra thing and it was a big nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

0 rows returned posted:

that was carlos maza and iirc after crowder was demonitized he still continued to lob homophobic slurs at him.

Also i believe that was when youtube "cracked down" on hate speech/extremist speech by permabanning some channels that were tiny and then patted themselves on the back for it.

If I recall a whole bunch of those were leftists with Crowder video snippets in their video and also Three Arrows.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

It's the conflict of our age. Traditionalist trans VS non binary trans.

Big trans (played by Mickey Rourke in the movie adaptation) putting pressure on cis content creators to declare themselves.

I can sorta understand Olly chickening out. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose from taking a stance. Wish he would have avoided painting NBs as violent hatemongers. I mean he is a notable leftist celebrity and sifting his email he can probably find 24 hour a day bullshit from rightwingers. I'm not really convinced that NBs telling him to declare himself was any worse than anything else in there.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

How did Integras dad defeat Alucard anyway?

I have no idea why I even like this franchise. There's zero suspense ever because the world is D&D and Alucard is level 50 and everyone else is capped at level 10 so every single fight ever is just him playing with the enemy and then killing them with no risk to himself ever.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

CmdrKing posted:

One of the often recurring ideas in Hellsing is basically every man in it is secretly a monster who really, really wants to die. But since they're also proud of being fighters or whatever it has to be "earned", so to continue the DnD analogue, if you last 10 rounds in combat and actually deal at least 50 points of damage in that time they'll "let" you have it and stop using their deadliest attacks.

I always assumed you actually watched the show because Seras and Integra were loving great though.

They were. Didn't care for how they sexualized Seras in the OVA but at least she does something there. In the older anime she has one moment of truth. Alucard is in danger and needs a mag for his gun and calls on her to get it and she fails and he has to get it with mind powers himself

The anime does better in highlighting her as a novice vampire. Anderson puts one blade through her throat and she's in serous trouble because she refuses her gifts and wants to pretend she's a human. In the OVA he turns her into a pin cushion with blessed silver blades and she's like "well this is a bother!"

I thought Anderson was never considered human by Alucard in any of the shows because he had been given regenerative powers through experiments.

Eschenique fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 21, 2019

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Walter as the final boss of the franchise was just bullshit though. That's some M. Night Shyamalan level plot twists right there.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Could I just get the church scene from the anime instead of the priest groping her in the woods?

And maybe a better excuse for why Alucard had to shot her instead of just using his vampire powers to flay that priests poo poo right there.

That church scene was goddamn fantastic and sold me on the whole franchise.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, Alucard respected the hell out of Anderson, and it's why he's absolutely mortified to see Anderson turn himself into a true monster like Alucard.

What's that speech then? "a human regenerator? Putting you out of your misery would be an act of mercy" Was that from the older series?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

What was the deal with the hellsing org basically committing suicide at the tower of london in the anime? I know they were betrayed by some government guy but there was that kind of nice Hellsing captain who just flat out kills himself to British snipers for no discernible reason.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Rip Van Winkle was kind of neat too despite being a nazi.

Granted the voice actress couldn't sing worth a drat :v:

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Don't really care for villains who are bastards for the sake of it. I like my villains sympathetic.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Funny story. When the card guy gets the South American police to try and kill Alucard with promises of "Joining the kingdom of immortality"

I assumed he was an Iscariot agent and that the cops were just Catholics doing a service for the Vatican.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Id didn't really care for the chibi scenes in the OVA, I thought the effects were pretty breathtaking when they weren't so obviously copy pasted.

https://i.imgur.com/uR7cua3.mp4

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Dr Christmas posted:

The line at the very end about Alucard “killing” the millions of souls he absorbed, mostly from the slaughtered population of London, in order to find himself was a... fun bit of existential horror that wasn’t really elaborated on.

I thought it was everyone he ever killed in his whole life. All being trapped inside him that he now killed the souls of.

That's what his undead army was I believe. Him channeling those imprisoned souls.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I watched bleach years ago and I thought the main character was kind of bland crap but I really appreciate the part where they want to the spirit world. And he spends something like one of two seasons running around fighting bosses and you expect them to die but then those bosses join the good guys and the past season in retrospect turn out to be their characterization buildups and now they are all well defined as the join the good guys instead of showing up out of nowhere.

Except that one science guy who had a mask I think. He was basically spirit world Josef Mengele and it's really odd how the show has him being an ally of the heroes because his super power is inhumane chemical warfare.

There was also some officer who was a big haired 13 year old straight out of DBZ and I didn't like him. But I really liked the guy with the eyepatch who's power may have been that he was just flat out indestructible?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

StratGoatCom posted:

Starship troopers OVA?

Not feeling too optimistic

https://i.imgur.com/3ATZ4G4.mp4

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Captain Invictus posted:

Roughnecks was surprisingly good for the time, you goober

Maybe it's because I got it from the bargain bin at the grocery store in 2010 that my memories aren't as fond.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Do Japanese people argue over King of the Hill and The Simpsons on whether dubs are allowed or if a real connoisseur must learn English in order to fully appreciate them?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I heard the problem with French Simpsons dub was they gave everyone an upper class Parisian accent which doesn't really work. But the Canadian dub mixes accents from working class to upper class where appropriate so it works.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

The whole Contragate thing totally ended with breadtube throwing NB people under the bus and several notable bread tubers failing to even imply support.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

AT least Mia Mulder and Thought Slime took some strong stances so there's that.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Rockit posted:

Ellis's was flawed at best but like hell did you read it? First pic was her calling buck by name and saying he's caused harm to the community.

Aside from that the fact Hbomber guy didn't literally say "Buck Angel" doesn't really change the fact he unambiguously called him a poo poo head so it sounds more like the bad faith talking.

Unless you were referring to a non-twitter thing thought smile distanced from actually talking about this and and rejected interpretations of their statements of "Throwing NBs under the bus" as about Contra.(At least directly).
Doesn't quite fit nudist standards but maybe that's not yours.
Odd to go at least in response to his evaluation then tho but sure they have been like enlightened about this poo poo so i agree.

Also Mia was practically like half of Hbomber's, A" don't get me involved in this", and a defense of Hbomber.

Fine by my standards again sure but hardly from the user your responding to.

Mia did tweet that she was tired of rich trans people and that Buck Angel was a monster. Which is probably the firmest stance i have seen yet.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Archer666 posted:

Its easy(and lucrative) to take a strong stance against a big name if you're small time, so its not really surprising.

So how many subs do I need before my opinion counts?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Rockit posted:

She must have either deleted it like Joel or it must have happened before oct 12.
ctrl-f her feed and found nada.

She did delete it but you can still Google it.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Deadspace 3's weapon system was so garbage. Players want weapon variation. In Deadspace 3 you could build a rocket launcher and then put a rocket launcher attachment on it while making yourself conveniently immune to rocket damage and just fire into the ground to kill everything around you.

I had to restart my first playthrough of the game because as a new player I didn't understand the weapon crafting system and accidentally wasted a bunch of crafting materials and so had to make due with the starting weapon through some really hard content.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Hasn't the left community spent like 2 weeks telling Destiny to stop using the n-word?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Macaluso posted:

Here's a video if the confrontation about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNUlfjzkVis

Starting here he's got a HUGE twitter thread about it:

https://twitter.com/trihex/status/1187523040193732608

I've seen a few replies here and there about this being hypocritical I guess, because Trihex dropped the F-bomb at one point last year (it's why he got banned from GDQ where he was gonna do Mario Maker with a few others). However the big difference there is that Trihex has been publicly apologetic about it like a billion times and instantly regretted it after doing it. While this Destiny guy... doesn't seem to care at all????

I thought the F-bomb was "gently caress" how does he have to apologize for that?

Clerical Terrors posted:

NordVPN just got hacked in a pretty embarrassing way so I'm guessing that's one thing that might be kinda yikes: https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/21/nordvpn-confirms-it-was-hacked/

Though I imagine if you're sponsored you can't just back out because of bad press or mention it in your endorsement because that'd be awkward.

I appreciate that they came forward and warned their customers. Oh wait

quote:

NordVPN told TechCrunch that one of its data centers was accessed in March 2018.

It was a year and a half ago.

Eschenique fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Oct 26, 2019

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Macaluso posted:

It was not gently caress

Ohhhh 3 letter F-bomb now I get it.

Eschenique fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 26, 2019

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I knew about the C-Bomb and the R-Bomb and the N-Bomb but the F-Bomb was always boomers hand wringing about young people saying "gently caress" on TV.

You have to wonder what these guys inner circles sound like when a person just develops the habit of throwing "f*g" around to the point where they can't even filter it out in public.

That's the real bottom of the iceberg. Not that he said it but that he hangs out in a community where saying it regularly is okay and he has to pretend that he's better than that in public.

It's like these streamers accidentally dropping racial slurs and then apologizing. Somewhere out there they are gaming it up with their mates and throwing racial slurs left and right without comment.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

VictualSquid posted:

Tom Scott tries to produce a honest add for VPNs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVDQEoe6ZWY

I like the implication that NordVPN is a government front to channel all the data through them.

It doesn't even sound that implausible when considering the advertisement budget they seem to be working on.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

It's not about how much money they have as it is about how much money investors want in profit.

Fallout 76 was a disaster but I still want to have faith in Bethesda. Fallout 3 was probably the most ground breaking FPS since Modern Warfare 1 and then Half Life 2 before that.

They've also been investing in having some fantastic games produced like the Wolfenstein and Doom games.

Wish they would reboot Future Shock because that was an amazing open world-esque game for its time.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Outer worlds is loving amazing. The NPCs have separate (voiced!) dialogue based on what type of armor I was wearing. I was wearing some raider armor and people were like

Oh no! a raider! have you come to rob me?

And then you loving rob the quest NPC at gunpoint by passing a lie check.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

In Fallout 3 the Outcasts were the true to form brotherhood while Lyons and the rest was..... gently caress if I know.

Warcraft Paladins in power armor?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Oxxidation posted:

is this the thing by the lady who had a terrible webcomic and turned out to be an art-thieving racist sex weird

i realize this does not narrow things down very much

I doubt it because Humons art doesn't approach that quality.

I thought the pilot was great though.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Sometimes I envy right wingers.

Imagine living with a world view where Sargon is basically Thought Slime, and Steven Crowder is Shaun and PragerU is three arrows.

Can you imagine the amount of content they're feeding on and how much "Knowledge" they absorb?

Meanwhile our video creators have to do stuff like research and fact checking and so put out something like 1 video a month while right wingers can get several every week or even day.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

They’re different economies. Right-wing poo poo is paid for by a few millionaires to make it seem as if right-wing ideas are popular—except for sargon, who is genuinely crowd-funded. The right wing also has no need of novelty or even argument. All their poo poo is endless ritual repetition of a few core concepts so as to keep beliefs alive and reinforce them in the face of contradiction. They can pump things out endlessly because to them it’s basically just the same endless chant with variations of “Anita” in a key spot one day and “Ocasio-Cortez” the next.

Yeah and to right wingers this is all brilliant journalism.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Neo_Crimson posted:

Is there any reason why they can't make va Bethesda style open-world game in, say, Unreal 4?

Isn't that sort of what Outer World is?

With just less stuff over all and cheaper combat.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

At first Hazbin Hotel reminded me of "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt" with the whole "Dexters laboratory" animation vibe but also for an obviously adult audience. But I hadn't watched that show in several years and in retrospect Hazbin is just so much more cleanly animated.

https://i.imgur.com/Y7Jikll.mp4

Eschenique fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Hazbin i so good I watched it twice.

The only thing I don't like is the musical numbers. They should be more ironic and short instead of played straight for minutes worth.