Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dream vs. Black is what sold me on him. The basis of the fued was great and they both did amazing work in the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Seems easy to say "Undefeated in singles matches"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Adam Cole vs Walter at Evolve 107 was a really fun match and was being filmed. I expect it will show up on streaming somewhere.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

what is that all over his face and chest

Sweat?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

Riddle is committed to smoking a shitload of weed no matter the consequences and I have nothing but respect for his decision.

A lot of people here have hosed priorities if they would pick working for Dana White over smoking weed.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wazzu posted:

Well, he's 38 and I think most people think he's firmly in the player-coach level forever. It's not terribly likely.

Plus I think it's a bit of a hilarious failure of the PC that they have all their diet and exercise coaches and their amazing gym, but after two years Kassius is still so fat.

Very problematic to assume that isn't the body that Kassius wants. Fat is exactly where he wants to be.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Their number one guy is fat as hell and they have him wear a too tiny vest so that you can see the fat spill out. Vince loves all sorts of big.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Every time I think about "I made my debutt" I laugh all over again.

I honestly thought it was on purpose at first and now I'm honestly not sure.

It has to be, no way they'd be so bad to let that take be the one they use if it wasn't on purpose.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Yup. The NXT Women's Division is pretty much hosed for the foreseeable future. There are exactly zero babyfaces built up to take the title from Shayna right now. And before anyone says Bianca, they reinforced her heel status last week on NXT, so that isn't happening.

Dakota Kai or Io Shirai? The two women who came out and helped Kairi in an unclean finish where the story they're telling is obviously unfinished? It seems like they want to eventually have the horsewomen be a real heel stable and are building a babyface team to oppose them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think it was a botch and they're just including it into the story but someone smarter then me probably knows for sure.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Good for ACH but I'm going to miss him in Japan and Mexico. Here's hoping they give him better then Crews.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NXT UK is pretty much a holding cell for UK indie guys do that they don't take any other tv deals. I'd be surprised if we see any of them move onto the main roster at any point. Maybe a cameo or two like Pete Dunne.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cubsfan low key telling us he voted Trump to preserve the art of the sacred masks.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Chase is a decent solid hand and had some fun stuff in tag matches lately. He is arguably the best designated pin in NJPW right now.

Aphrodite posted:

There's people here who will champion literally anyone not in WWE.

They did it with loving Tama Tonga.

Tama is great right until he wrestles.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

To join such beloved wwe superstars like um... Lucha House party?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WWE is going to start opening NXT in countries that have never watched wrestling and get them hooked so that they can sign everyone who becomes inspired to become a wrestler. Can't let some upstart get into Mali before WWE.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If Captain Kazu joined WWE he'd force them to send him to NXT for the fishing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The scoop is that they're already in talks, just arguing over how many balloons Okada gets.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Christ, I hope WWE picks up 40 year old Beer City Bruiser, a mediocre everything who has never been in shape in his life. Maybe it will convince everyone else to stop thinking working for WWE means you made it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

This is like the 10th time I've read this comment here. Do you guys not know that "Property of __________" is an incredibly common t-shirt design? Like every single university sells a shirt like that.

Just because an incredibly stupid thing is common doesn't mean it stops being an incredibly stupid thing. Like, its dumb when schools do it and its double dumb when your loving employer gives you a shirt calling you property.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Not as dumb as making a big deal out of a shirt design, though

If you don't get why it's gross that's fine, whatever. But don't feel the need to defend it and then get bent out of shape when someone replies to you about the thing that you apparently felt was worth making an argument about.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm going to take everything back, I was just informed that the shirts are just so the wrestlers can be returned to WWE if any of them wander out of the ring that they live in while not training. It's easy for them to get lost if they're not from Orlando.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If anyone wants to cringe until their skeleton leaves their skin they have the video recorded https://www.twitch.tv/videos/383054310

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

“You could be as big as Elias” as a positive :laffo:

Vince loves Elias and is legit trying to make him a huge star. Vince just doesn't know how to make someone a huge star anymore.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Lee/Dijakovic ruled.

I don't get Dijakovic at all. His gimmick and mannerisms scream "black hole of charisma" but he's so good bell-to-bell.

e: I also really don't like Mia Yim.

He's a really fun good wrestler and was charismatic as hell on the Indies. I've not seen his nxt stuff yet but I'm excited for him to start getting more attention.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

I am not at all. Lots of people thought the evil office gave him that name. Or that it was a rib on Court Bauer for some unexplained reason or a rib on Stokely. Rather than it being the name his parents gave him.

Anyway, I actually like Court Moore and would support it if that was the name he will be using when makes his full NXT TV debut.

It sounds faker then Stokely Hathaway so I just feel bad for him.

Rarity posted:

Keith Lee and Dominic Dijakovic :negative:

Dijak doing nothing for a year besides the Florida circuit was a legit crime and I'm really hoping he ends the year holding a belt. He deserves to be a star.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

I assumed those were both carryovers from their indie days

Yeah, they're both from their indie days. Feast your eyes was always dumb but Bask in my Glory was pretty over.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This was a really good NXT show which easily makes it the worst one they've done. It's a drat shame it was this week because this is easily the worst week for them to put on their worst show. Also scheduling their smark show on the same day as All Out and Royal Quest feels like they're asking to be embarrassed.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's full of poo poo, everyone knows the way the name process works. He might of picked it but they made him change it and make it sound like a regular name.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, they went with a more literal translation but that's the lazy easy way to do translations because you're going to drop the actual meaning and end up with stuff that just sounds weird in English. The gay thing is that they changed a line from "I love you" to "I like you". It's still an acceptable translation but it doesn't make sense in the context of the scene.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Isn't Court Moore his real name?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I wish Dunne wasn't a cop so that I could enjoy his wrestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"Ring fans" instead of wrestling fans is wild

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gotta swerve the dirt sheets.

Also saying that the show emanates from Full Sail is some tortured writing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I for one trust Vince to stick to a plan and not wildly change it the second he gets unhappy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

So DarkstarIV misrepresented something again....

Dijack made one massive mistake. He deleted the tweet and his account for a good while and hasn't repeated it since. It isn't something he has been remotely known for in the past either.

I am not saying everyone should totally forgive it or like the on-screen gimmick but at least be factual about it.

Darkstar isn't blaming Dijack, they're blaming WWE.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

The Observer on NXT: "While not confirmed, the word going around is that all developmental deals are going to be changed to main roster deals shortly."

Yee of little faith.

So they're moving from the one contract that under pays for the work they do to the one that will pay more but still under pay for the work that they do because the work load is increasing? Thank god the benevolence of Vince is shining through.

Also any word on if the contracts are being moved to a full time deal with the same amount of time on the contract or are they increasing the amount of time on everyone's contract? It'd be a good way to get everyone locked in for longer.

edit: Also lol at you expecting people to trust a man/company who's happily let people die for the sake of money.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 22, 2019

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave says WWE have contacted Enzo and Cass about a return to NXT

Everyone: "Maybe Vince won't ruin NXT"

Vince: "Hold my steak wrap"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/jorge-bolly-edgar-lopez-join-wwe-performance-center

Just in time for the bad version of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

Indi Hartwell has a really high upside. A melding of Sasha Banks and Tessa Blanchard. Both of whom are major supporters of her too. Very much a wrestler of the next decade. She started wrestling because of Sasha vs. Bayley at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn in 2015.

She's young so she'll still have time to get out of NXT and realize that potential. Assuming her knees don't unglue.