Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
:sigh:

I see they are continuing to push Dijack's horrible white-ethnostate character or whatever the gently caress. Because he talked about purifying the bloodline for HIS PEOPLE next week against Keith Lee.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I hope when Dijak returns the lights go out and when they come back on Luke Harper is in the ring holding his severed head.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

:sigh:

I see they are continuing to push Dijack's horrible white-ethnostate character or whatever the gently caress. Because he talked about purifying the bloodline for HIS PEOPLE next week against Keith Lee.

Did this actually happen on screen?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Did this actually happen on screen?

Yes. It was part of a video package they aired hyping up Lee vs Dijack for next week's NXT. It was a very tasteless package at least when it came to Dijack's comments.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

He didn't use the word "purifying" at all. He said he does this for his people, for his bloodline. The same way Rusev or the Usos would say it.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Man I aggressively do not care about The Archer Punished Snake Martinez or Based and Redpilled Mansewer or Nicolas Winding Refn's Bronson: Poor Man's Jeff Cobb

Shane Thorne is Okay I GuessTM

Fun match between Dain and Riddle, although LOL at Riddle getting sloppy seconds on Rollin's Internal Bleeding angle

Are they seriously dragging out Yim/Baszler after that Takeover performance?

Things that own:

Myles vs Colbaybay

V E L V E T E E N D R E A M

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

ShakeZula posted:

He didn't use the word "purifying" at all. He said he does this for his people, for his bloodline. The same way Rusev or the Usos would say it.

I don't think its hard to infer exactly what he meant by that statement considering how much heat he got the last time he did something even remotely similar to that.

https://twitter.com/mrwarrenhayes/status/1116505231196655616?lang=en

Why they can't just make him a big guy who likes wrecking people, I dunno.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

ShakeZula posted:

So DarkstarIV misrepresented something again....

Dijack made one massive mistake. He deleted the tweet and his account for a good while and hasn't repeated it since. It isn't something he has been remotely known for in the past either.

I am not saying everyone should totally forgive it or like the on-screen gimmick but at least be factual about it.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

TV Zombie posted:

that's just being salty. that vid had gargano, dream, lumis, green, nox and yim at least. They are talented

pretty sure they're all green as goose poo poo!!!!!!!!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

So DarkstarIV misrepresented something again....

Dijack made one massive mistake. He deleted the tweet and his account for a good while and hasn't repeated it since. It isn't something he has been remotely known for in the past either.

I am not saying everyone should totally forgive it or like the on-screen gimmick but at least be factual about it.

Darkstar isn't blaming Dijack, they're blaming WWE.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lmao at scoops boys acting like promos are shoots

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Observer on NXT: "While not confirmed, the word going around is that all developmental deals are going to be changed to main roster deals shortly."

Yee of little faith.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

So now everyone will be paid more so they can drive themselves to catering in an exotic new location each week? Dreams do come true.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ShakeZula posted:

That's still not a good statement coming from a white guy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so in NXT now beyond "developmental" designation or is it still going to be a place wherein people can just get siphoned off and sucked dry

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

just rust posted:

So now everyone will be paid more so they can drive themselves to catering in an exotic new location each week? Dreams do come true.

They're still just driving to Full Sail

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

The Observer on NXT: "While not confirmed, the word going around is that all developmental deals are going to be changed to main roster deals shortly."

Yee of little faith.

So they're moving from the one contract that under pays for the work they do to the one that will pay more but still under pay for the work that they do because the work load is increasing? Thank god the benevolence of Vince is shining through.

Also any word on if the contracts are being moved to a full time deal with the same amount of time on the contract or are they increasing the amount of time on everyone's contract? It'd be a good way to get everyone locked in for longer.

edit: Also lol at you expecting people to trust a man/company who's happily let people die for the sake of money.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 22, 2019

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Does Full Sail have good catering? Do they have catering at all? I'm worried about the future sports entertainment superstars. We Are NXT so we deserve to know.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They're going to end up forcing contract extensions for everyone in NXT for 5+ more years from the signing date for TV, aren't they?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RealFoxy posted:

They're going to end up forcing contract extensions for everyone in NXT for 5+ more years from the signing date for TV, aren't they?

That's the thought I had as well. It'd be interesting to see who, if anyone, doesn't sign a new contract if that's the case.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

just rust posted:

Does Full Sail have good catering? Do they have catering at all? I'm worried about the future sports entertainment superstars. We Are NXT so we deserve to know.

Most eat out of the food truck outside to my understanding. It is kinda an inside joke among Full Sail attendees that if you see a wrestler ordering food at the food truck they aren't wrestling that night. Likewise, female wrestlers wandering around in dresses and high heels outside the venue just before showtime.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gonna own to see the NXT belt defended in 8 minute matches on PPV.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BayleyUpdates/status/1164490946945454081

What a great match and a great show.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Thank you, rovert. Food trucks are good but they are usually over-priced. With the assumed pay increase maybe the superstars will be able to afford it better than before, however, I think catering should be arranged if we want NXT to be the big leagues like RAW and Smack!Down!Live!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that show was amazing. the matches weren’t all at the level of Sasha/Bayley but even a pretty basic tag title match was hugely elevated by how hot the crowd was

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

that show was amazing. the matches weren’t all at the level of Sasha/Bayley but even a pretty basic tag title match was hugely elevated by how hot the crowd was

NXT Takeovers have become very rote, they are still playing by the same playbook and the main events have come self-indulgent.

NXT Brooklyn and AEW Double Or Nothing are very similar shows in terms of freshness and vibrancy.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The last takeover was better than double or nothing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

LOL

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

:laffo:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

my friend you are entitled to your opinion but you’ve had some singular takes on AEW recently

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

weekly font posted:

Gonna own to see the NXT belt defended in 8 minute matches on PPV.

I am not sure to be excited to have tickets to Wargames, or uncertain of how they are going to gently caress it up.

Takeovers are nice because they are usually 3 hours and 5 matches of just the title matches and some other big feud. With 2 hours of TV and probably people coming from Raw/SD to fill up the time, I feel like Takeovers are going to go to 4 hours and filled with more matches that are shorter and not allowed to go as long.

I guess we'll see...

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Basic Chunnel posted:

source your quotes

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Basic Chunnel posted:

What the gently caress

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

jesus WEP posted:

my friend you are entitled to your opinion but you’ve had some singular takes on AEW recently

That's all this forum is anymore though

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I mean I liked Takeover more than Double or Nothing also, but that's because I just like how NXT work their matches too and admit that stuff like the main event have gotten really indulgent

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Thinking the October 2nd NXT may revolve around an UE vs OC match.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That put 600 butts in the seat

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Incessant Excess posted:

Thinking the October 2nd NXT may revolve around an UE vs OC match.

Wishful thinking, Orange Cassidy signed with AEDub

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The only really good AEW matches so far have been like, the Rhodes bros. and CIMA / Kenny. Last Takeover had one bad match, and if you use that to cancel out Page / Sabian or the tag match where they let Luchasaurus do his half-speed roundhouse kicks instead of just be a charming cheerleader, you end up with a better in-ring product on the NXT side of things. AEW has been saving all its prime matchups for All Out anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

AEW has been saving all its prime matchups for All Out anyway.

And when you hate/completely underrate that too?