Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
In the spirit of the Sports Broadcasting Thread, I decided to make a thread for OTT services. Let's meet the people who want your money! (And no, they don't offer linear access to their TV channels)

ESPN+
Launched just now, ESPN+ is certainly going to be the 800 lbs. gorilla in the room just on the name alone. ESPN is signing a whole bunch of small-time college conferences, out-of-market Major League Soccer matches, and niche sports to go alongside the 30 for 30 archive and stuff they're moving from ESPN3. Offers MLB.tv and NHL.tv as add-ons, but you don't need ESPN+ to buy those.
Cost: $4.99 monthly, $49.99 yearly

NBC Sports Gold
Designed for specialties, NBC Sports Gold isn't a full service, per se, but an umbrella for individual 'passes' for individual sports. If you only want Premier League matches, cycling, or Portland Trail Blazers games (Oregon only), you only pay for those packages.
Cost: varies based on service

Fox Soccer Match Pass
While certainly the most expensive of options, there's a good reason: it includes soccer matches that also air on Fox Sports networks. What this means is, if you were to cancel every TV service you have and wanted to watch Bundesliga, you can see every match with Fox Soccer Match Pass. Everything soccer Fox has the rights to (with the exception of the World Cup) is here.
Cost: $19.99 monthly, $139.99 yearly (bound to go down with loss of UEFA rights to Turner Sports)

Bleacher Report Live
Still in Beta, B/R Live will offer NBA games a la carte, alongside NCAA, PGA, and UEFA Champions League. Right now, though, it's showing The Spring League and arm wrestling.
Cost: Free until June, then TBA

If I'm leaving something out, let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
One plus of ESPN+ (no pun intended) for me, is that there will be a lot of boxing programming. The June fight between Terence Crawford and Jeff Horn will be on the service as well as a fight on 4/21 with Amir Khan against Phil Lo Greco. There is also an on demand library of fights which includes basically all of many Pacquiao's bouts (including the Mayweather fight) and a bunch of classic events like the Ali-Frazier and Leonard-Duran trilogies

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-...vs-horn-june-9/

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 12, 2018

• Locked thread