Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Joel will come back for game 3, I think.

Are there sports books that will take that action?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Rockets over Wolves in 4
Warriors over Spurs in 6
Portland over Pelicans in 6
Jazz over Thunder in 7

Raptors over Wizards in 6
Bucks over Celtics in 7
76ers over Miami in 5
Cavs over Pacers in 4

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/984459637956243457

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Here's a thing. If someone wants to post a new thread for keeping track of results or whantont go for it

https://www.nbabracketology.com/group/view/13303

password is kdisasnek

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Metapod posted:

It hurts my brain to see Adams hitting these shots even in an open gym. One day I hope tries in-game
https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/984853329065971712?s=09

Simmons shoots (and makes) 3s in practice too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I5QPoy_DH4
https://twitter.com/jcameratonbcs/status/960914058517020672

It's so frustrating that he doesn't in game

maybe next year

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Was listening the the bball breakdown guy in the background of my workout and he and the other guy on his podcast both picked Philly to sweep Miami :what: , the gist was they recall the way Miami's offense looked when they blew that big lead to OKC a week or so ago, and they just can't envision Miami scoring enough points to be competitive.

I mean, I kind of can see this too. Miami’s offense is pretty impotent, and the Sixers have a really good defense (even minus Embiid they have a decent DRtg)

But I think that they’ll drop 1 of 2 at home with Embiid on ice, and then one in Miami where Wade has his one “gently caress it I do it myself “ game of the playoffs

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

philly sports fans are known for high iqs

Look if we want to call Scott Silver by a different name that’s our thing.

Y’all just gotta deal

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

this article is paywalled, which is disappointing because I'm actually interested in reading it

Kawhi + a random wing prospect is much better than Tatum + Brown if only because Kawhi is a top 5 player when he's healthy. this is pretty simple!

https://outline.com/jHMYWJ

e: \/ yes basically "you can space the floor better hanging back further than just at the 3pt line"

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 16, 2018

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

imagine if standout playoff performers dwyane wade, jimmy butler, and rajon rondo were on the same team

Lmao

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

I just want it to be known I have nothing against Donovan Mitchell and I think he'll be a perennial all-star, I'm just sick of RUDY GOBERT not getting CREDIT and I won't take it anymore. No way. Even if it means stepping on some toes

A good take here.

I can’t wait until next season when Ben and Donovan aren’t rookies anymore

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Metapod posted:

Paul George rules and I hope he stays

I hope he comes to the Sixers, tbh

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

You'd rather have PG than lebron?

Either is cool.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

triple sulk posted:

I hope the Philadelphia Basketball 76ers win their game today.

hi five. The Sixers winning would be a good thing

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

LMAO.

“You know Shane Heal?”

“He shot a three on you...you were lucky to walk away”

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

MourningView posted:

Simmons is the only guy who would even be considered for a US roster. This is like when Canada got all cocky because of Anthony Bennett

Simmons drive and kicks to Jingles all day

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

say what you will about the Process, the 1 2 3 4 5 Sixers song owns

I’m so glad they brought it back. It’s a gem

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

jeffreyw posted:

To the Bucks' credit, their interim coach showed actual coaching unlike the Sixers and Raptors. Realistically the Sixers should be up 2-1 but Brett Brown is doing absolutely everything in his power to guarantee a sweep.

Other than keeping TJ McConnell in (a legit gripe but I can see why BB doesn’t have the stones to keep a UDFA over a franchise player in his first playoffs) I’m not sure what Brett could have done to suddenly give any of the Sixers wings ball handling ability

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

I also think there is a good chance Fultz is good next year.

It’s very concerning tho that it’s May and he hasn’t been able to shoot now for almost 10 months

With the caveat that I have to go back and look at the "white people workout" vids and his limited game footage from the end of the regular season, but his mid range and long-ish 2 form looks ok?

When in the flow, obviously - for some reason he still is shot putting free throws and set shots.

His one three (and the ones in workouts/practices) looks less like he's forgotten how to shoot and more like he's thinking "ugh there's no way I'm going to be able to hit this length" and just heaves it like I do from three.

I'm concerned, but not panicking

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Brolander posted:

Before this series starts I just wanted to reach out and say, with all the earnestness of a fan of the game, whose hoops heart knows no bottom:

gently caress the Celtics.

:emptyquote:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

he takes the guy he dunks on during practice with him?

That’s the part owner of the Sixers.

The one who DESPERATELY wants to appear cool.

The one who sent the helicopter to pick up Meek Mill to be on time for the game against the Heat

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

MourningView posted:

She very wisely does not give a poo poo about sports but maybe she could get like super into like the gun forum or something, I dunno

I got my ex a forums account and now we are divorced so learn from my cautionary tale

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Yeah... He gone.

Yeah that's not a denial at all. It's a "here's the groundwork for termination"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kyrie was having a career year offensively / advanced metrics wise until he went down. As far as defense, he definitely wasn't elite or anything, but he also wasn't anywhere near IT scrub tier defense like he had previously had been. He's pretty easy to hide on defense and that's good enough for a PG

It’s going to be interesting to see what Stevens does rotation wise next year, because that defense was really loving great, and I think you’re going to want to have that sort of lineup (no Kyrie/Hayward) our there for some minutes to get stops.

Or maybe it won’t matter and they’ll be ridiculous defensively all game anyway because Brad is a wizard.

• Locked thread