Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

Lager is actually really hard to brew because if you gently caress up it's super obvious and impossible to hide, according to my friends who have breweries, so this is actually true.

The misleading part is when they add “like Budweiser” just because it’s a lager. When of course most lagers are not adulterated with rice, double fermented, etc. and the difficulty in making them is entirely irrelevant to how Budweiser is produced. something like Budweiser is hard to make, inasmuch as it’s produced by such a complicated process to make sure it’s bland that most brewers couldnt reproduce it if they wanted to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

there's a reason every microbrew starts out with a bunch of IPAs

it's because they're delicious and they sell, even at $16-18 for four pounders

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DeimosRising posted:

The misleading part is when they add “like Budweiser” just because it’s a lager. When of course most lagers are not adulterated with rice, double fermented, etc. and the difficulty in making them is entirely irrelevant to how Budweiser is produced. something like Budweiser is hard to make, inasmuch as it’s produced by such a complicated process to make sure it’s bland that most brewers couldnt reproduce it if they wanted to.

It's a boring beer made with cheap ingredients but it's still a lager and it's still hard to make correctly. Like the one compliment towards stuff like bud I've seen and heard from craft brewers is that it's clean and impressively consistent, even if they're not fans of the final product (it obviously helps that they have tons of money to spend on making it)

God I'm so white

Stevie Lee posted:

it's because they're delicious and they sell, even at $16-18 for four pounders

A lot of it is that they sell but it is apparently true that dumping in a lot of hops makes it easier to hide flaws

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 19, 2018

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dejan Bimble posted:

I didn't say I was mad, I said it was stupid

Watching human beings reach peak athletic performance within a set of rules combined with the emotional attachment of home team association is a recipe for interesting telervision. Watching two well trained men of roughly the same size fight each other within a set of rules, with the better man leaving the winner (if it isn't rigged) is inherently interesting.

Watching some glasses wearing 20 year olds play video games, they're great at ganes, and they sell it to non gamers that it's like watching chess but with an anime girl and a robot and lots of purple and green. It seems very stupid and does nothing for me. I understand that rankings and leaderboards and progression are enticing if you play the same games.

When I couldn't sit or stand for a couple months after a back surgery I got the number one ps3 ranking (not exactly sure what it meant but that's what it said) in saints row 3. I wouldn't have wanted to watch myself play saints row 3.

I can appreciate people playing football even though I never played past flag football. The same goes for olympic sports. Even judged sports.

The more I think about it, I think I'm repelled because it seems bad for society to entice kids even further into the gamer lifestyle, because it's terrible, and they should be outside hitting each other with sticks and not staring at screens for 16 hours a day in the hopes of one day getting 30k a year to be a pro sacramento kings NBA 2KXX player.

That's my opinion, like what you want to like.

Are you sure you're not from my generation Dejan?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

It's a boring beer made with cheap ingredients but it's still a lager and it's still hard to make correctly. Like the one compliment towards stuff like bud I've seen and heard from craft brewers is that it's clean and impressively consistent, even if they're not fans of the final product (it obviously helps that they have tons of money to spend on making it)

God I'm so white

A lot of it is that they sell but it is apparently true that dumping in a lot of hops makes it easier to hide flaws

I think those guys just don’t really how fully mechanized that process is compared to what they do. Of course it’s consistent, it’s not being made by 8 dudes with a microbrewery and attached restaurant, it’s the result of an industrial process only distantly related to traditional brewing. It would be really hard for a microbrewery to reproduce but that’s sort of irrelevant

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

is he gonna play?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blue squares posted:

is he gonna play?

Yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Looking for big games from Autismal Aussie and Phantom of the Process

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No phantom mask for the Phantom

:(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/987100442361556992

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

jojo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

More machine than man

Twisted and wonderful

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

euphronius posted:

More machine than man

Twisted and wonderful

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Man that's gonna fog up like somethin' fierce but he looks cool

Lol at TJ

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

live footage on nba tv and it looks so good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

HES STARTING

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

triple sulk posted:

live footage on nba tv and it looks so good

trump

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joel Embiid jugará esta noche.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

HES STARTING

:bisonyes:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I feel like he's gonna start 0/5 or 5/5, no in betweens

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ear tuck

https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/987104057646092288

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

imagine if this reporter broke the mask while she was showing it off to the camera

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm nervous but go sixers

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triple sulk posted:

i'm nervous but go sixers

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

embiid going for the chaos dunk

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Mose is hurt but still shooting well.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao get hosed James Johnson

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol embiid is just loving immense in the post

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

wow what a pass

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

he's so good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I missed jor el

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

handle the heat "d"

lmao

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am so happy to see Joel again.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I am so happy to see Joel again.

:same:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/987109089259020288?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
tyler johnson breaking his thumb has turned him into steph curry

• Locked thread