Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

jng2058 posted:

You know, just putting it out there, but we've only got M's word...and he admits he "isn't right in the head"...about anything regarding Pito's motives. I mean I think we can take it as read at this point that Pito is Elsa Kanzaki, which could pretty easily make M a stalker fan who's just obsessed with Elsa and all the stuff with her threatening him and the like just happening in his head. Heck, he could have written the note himself.
I don't see how M can be a stalker-fan that doesn't have a relationship with Elsa. It's obvious Elsa is Pito and they found Karen through the letter she wrote about being extra-tall for a girl and how the music...etc. He probably works for Elsa in some capacity and has access to her fan mail though that relationship. In all likelihood, Elsa knows that Karen is LLENN already too.

I keep wondering how the team of six tiny Japanese girls were all able to get hulking GGO characters though. You'd think that out of the six, one or two would be either a normal or smaller height. They got really lucky if it took Karen 37 tries to get her tiny-self in GGO.

The overall theme of the show does seem to be: You have real-life problems? Sure you do. Work them out in a video game. What's interesting is the scope of the problems. Karen's and the team-of-six short girls would likely be considered fairly minor. Elsa and M would likely be consider pretty high up on the crazy-scale.

As far as Elsa *really* killing herself and/or M because of whatever. I kind of doubt that she'd actually really kill anyone, but M seems to believe it. That could be part of his crazy, but we don't really know. I'm hoping we'll find out more about how serious Elsa/Pito is about murder/suicide in the near future.

Also, what's up with the friend, Miyu Shinohara, at the end of the last episode? Is her character Fukaziroh? Is she famous and I somehow missed all this? She seems pretty confident, but the whole thing seems to have come from out of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Clarste posted:

I recall her playing her brother's copy of the game, not a friend's. It's been a while though so maybe I'm misremembering.
Agreed. If I recall correctly, it was her brother's copy of the game. Although, I don't know why anyone would play someone else's copy of a game they weren't interested in playing. I guess the idea is she wasn't an avid gamer or anything before getting stuck in SAO.

The airplane seat that Karen was in sure did look like it was first-class to me as well. Maybe she has a lot of frequent flyer miles from the trip from Hokkaido and Tokyo and back, a lot. Or she's rich as heck. Do we even know what she's studying in college? I'm just curious.

Is the SAO start really just 4 years away from us in real-time? I can't imagine VR technology reaching that ability in four years. The current VR headsets aren't going to do it. In my opinion, the best bet is something like this open source thinige. I really would like to tinker around with one of those myself.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Caphi posted:

The Shorty Club is the worst. You don't have to explain what you mean by "I'm both relieved and disappointed we won't be fighting you" in detail. It wasn't that complicated to begin with.
I was both surprised and a bit disappointed that Fukaziroh was short like her friend. The story would've been better if she were M's size, I think.

Also, choosing two grenade launchers is just plain stupid for a weapons choice. I do like her hair accessory, though. I would think that she'd end up with globs of hair falling all over the place though with every hop and jostle.

• Locked thread