Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013
Terrible.

I telegraph my lunges by rocking backwards onto my left foot, leaving me open for an easy riposte/poke to the chest. I tried to break the habit, but the more I thought about it, the worse the problem became.

Does anybody want to buy a slightly used pistol-grip foil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

KomodoWagon posted:

Holy poo poo are you 10 years old

You just keep the left foot on the floor so you can quickly extend it when you lunge, you doofus. Learn to fence.

I tried! I tried so hard!

It's like the yips, except in my feet/thighs instead of my arms/shoulders. Intellectually I know what to do, but this bad tick got stuck into my involuntary movements somehow. And the more it happens, the more I think about it, and the more I think about it, the worse it gets.

I've had to choose "pistols at dawn" for my last three contests of honor, which brings only shame and disrepute to my house.

• Locked thread