Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYbbWdqjNA (A bit long, but a glimpse into raiding in SoD. Created by the guild Sacred Band.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IILncMXxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAI5KVG4rKk

Shards of Dalaya (SoD) is a *Goon Created and Goon Run* emulated Everquest server which focuses on creating an experience similar to Everquest Live while providing new experiences and adventures. We have taken the best parts of Everquest and integrated them with entirely new lore and content. We have hand made thousands of quests, NPCs, books, zones and pretty much every other part of our game. Shards of Dalaya is absolutely free, and is run entirely by a passionate volunteer staff. The server is still in active development, with new content being released on a regular patch schedule. Please view our recent patch history on the main page, https://shardsofdalaya.com/

If you have any questions after reading the thread, or just want to hang out, be sure to join us in SoD Discord at https://discord.gg/PtVs8GZ

Want to skip my pitch?
https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Installation_Guide_(Steam)

SoD also runs beautifully via WINE and Crossover. We have quite a few people who play daily using Linux or OSX.

How much does it cost to play?
SoD is absolutely free. We take donations to keep the server running, but strongly believe that no amount of money should allow you to gain power over those who do not have money to spend. We offer some toys for monthly donators, but nothing that substantially effects in game power.

Tell me more!
Shards is the one of the most successful EQ1 emulated server to date, having been run for close to 14 years, and sporting a playerbase of several thousand active accounts. We've taken EverQuest, spun it around, and created something of a hybrid between the classic game and something new of our own. We've done our best to eliminate the real hassles and boredom of the original game, without taking away the danger and challenge. We have large epic raids, but we've slimmed them down to 18 players to make everyone absolutely vital to the raid instead of just another cog in a machine. Dungeons are there, full with nice loot and frogloks. We have ~160 zones with some 12000+ NPCs and 15000+ items, all created by our own developers. Nothing has been directly copied from the original game, it's essentially an entirely new game in the EQ client.

Stuff for the hardcore
Shards appeals to casual and dedicated players alike, just to highlight some of the things that keeps even the most hardcore players playing:
This video pretty much exemplifies raiding in SoD. Tough, but satisfying and exciting when you get it right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYbbWdqjNA
An established high level population and raiding game. Plenty of content to enjoy on your way to the top!
Huge amounts of raiding content that gets progressively harder. See how fast you can take your guild from the bottom to the cutting edge!
Dozens of zones and hundreds of mobs of varying tiers, from your average giant gorilla to your stereotypical giant elemental gods and dragons.
Hundreds of hours worth of AAs to grind, heavily customized to be more useful for classes that got a bad draw in the original game.
A stable and well-balanced game that will not take sudden gigantic leaps in content power to make people buy the latest expansion.

Stuff for the casual
Many additions have been made to Shards to give even the chillest of players a place to play:
Unique Adventuring Bands that allow you to keep gaining experience at the same rate as your friends, regardless of the difference in amount of hours you can play.
Treasure hunting, powerful tradeskills, high end dungeons and other casual content as an actual rival to raiding, allowing you to progress even if dragon killing with seventeen buddies isn't your thing.
Experience debt puts a limit on how much time bad luck can cost you.
A healthy mid and low level population, that at any given time is made up by more than half the players online.
Groups are promoted via large experience bonuses, and powerlevelling is heavily penalized via experience penalties, encouraging players to be social and generally making it easier to find a group to slay your gnolls with.
Starting cities that are still the centers of player activity, rather than being deserted as in the original game post-Velious.

Other cool things
An ongoing, dynamic storyline that you are able to participate in and affect. The game world is in the midst of a war, and zones can be gained and lost, and ultimately lead to victory or defeat, depending on how dedicated players are. Either way, future content will be heavily affected.
Hundreds of quests, including a massive main quest that spans from level 1 to 65, introduces you to the lore of the world, and gives you a number of irreplaceable rewards.
A dedicated developer staff that do regular patches and additions of new content. These guys seriously own.
A browser based, fully automated character profile system to keep track of your achievements.
A relatively comprehensive wiki to help you with questing, finding loot, and doing tradeskills.
An online and in game vendor system letting you barter and sell your wares.
A server status page.

Treasure Hunting and Raids

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IILncMXxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAI5KVG4rKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0rySYhp9YU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYbbWdqjNA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyBNtBWXRIg

Classes

Melee Classes
Warrior - A lot of custom work has gone into making warriors fun to play. Gone are the days of turning on auto-attack and mashing taunt. Warriors now gain endurance by hitting things and getting hit, and in turn spend stamina to do damage, aggro, and damage mitigation. These guys own. Do you want to own? Play a warrior.
Monk - They punch, and kick, and club stuff really well. They can take hits well, and they're also the best pullers in the game. Chaining their different special attacks in specific combinations can increase damage, heal yourself or even buff your group!
Rogue - What they lack in utility they make up for in damage, these guys can seriously dish it out. They also can steal from NPCs, burglarize houses and disarm the myriad of traps that exist throughout Dalaya.

Hybrid Classes
Bard - These guys sing songs. Songs that make orcs weep blood. Songs that can make their groupmates into little demi-gods. They're best described as 60% of every class. They really can do it all, making them a great addition to every party and raid.
Beastlord - Beastlords are an excellent support class that also can tank and dish damage with their animal companions.
Paladin - Paladins excel as tanks of the group or raid, they are particularly strong in controlling aggro on multiple mobs with their area effect spells. Their group heals are also extremely potent and useful in both groups and raids.
Ranger - Do you like shooting things with arrows and casting spells? Do you larp as Aragon? Play a ranger.
Shadowknight - Excellent tanks with unrivaled aggro generating ability. A Shadowknight are so corrupt that they can damage things simply by touching them.

Priest Classes
Cleric - The strongest healers in the game, somewhat lacking in other utility when compared to druids and shamans. They are always needed in groups and guilds. If you want to be perpetually loved and needed, be a cleric!
Druid - A well rounded healer, their heal over time spells are the best out of the priest classes, plus they have damage shields and teleports.
Shaman - As much of a support class as they are a healer. They buff, slow, heal and poison enemies. They're fun to play and great to have around in any situation.

Pure Casters
Enchanter - Extremely powerful if matched with a competent group. Their ability to charm mobs makes them potentially the most powerful dps class in the game. Can channel their groupmates power through themselves, mimicking spells or melee damage for short periods of time.
Magician - Strong pets and area nukes to match.
Necromancer - They have the most powerful damage over time spells in the game and good dps overall.
Wizard - The strongest burst damage class in the game.

Races
For a quick rundown of the differences between races, I'll refer you to this handy comparison chart. While races of this game have been pretty well balanced, they are unique enough to make choosing one more than just a cosmetic choice.

Deities and Alignment
In Shards of Dalaya, you can pledge yourself to one of a number of deities. Doing so grants you a couple of benefits. First off, you'll get a medallion that grants you teleportation from anywhere to your deities plane. Secondly, pledging to a deity grants you access to a quest line that yields an augment for your gear. Lastly, by choosing a deity and making decisions in game that are consistent with that deities own alignment, your character will gain a small bonus to their specializations (such as spell casting, meleeing, and tanking. See '/cmd specialization help' in game for more info.). In short, SoD has an alignment system closely resembling D&D, where you can choose to be Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic, as well as Good, Neutral, or Evil. There are many quests in the game that will affect these alignments, based on how you approach them.

Factions
There is an over-arching quest line in the game that will eventually have you choosing between one of three rival factions. Which faction you choose will have an impact on the rest of your characters progression. In short, the three factions are:
Silvercrown Trading Company: These guys love making money and expanding their influence. A good choice for lawful and good characters.
Council of Innovation: Gnomes gone political, they love knowledge. Also a good choice for chaotic, neutral and good characters.
Blackscale: Marauders and scoundrels. A good choice for chaotic and evil characters.

Tradeskills
There are a lot of tradeskills, all of which are useful. Below is a list of what is available on the server. Some of the wealthiest individuals on the servers are tradeskillers.
https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Category:Tradeskills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Shards of Dalaya is one of the best MMOs I have ever played and it has that classic EQ feel that I love. The raid content is amazing as well. It has been going on forever and still gets tons of new content.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I know in the last archived thread I said I wasn't sure if they'd be able to salvage the wreck but it's definitely a lot better than it was as the frankly disastrous 2.5 release. There's still some bugs here and there but a lot of the more irritating ones have been cleared up and it's a lot of fun to slay dragons with your friends online. There's been a decent amount of content released (Marza finished Upper Thaz finally, Yale is in the game and killable (also a Marza joint) Rymy finished a quest zone in Forest of the Fallen, Fuwok (aka Supreme aka the op????) made a new rank of treasure maps around tier 12, a 6 man in icewell and a 12 man zone is due for release soon enough, maybe next patch?) Bards are also getting worked on, which is what I care about mainly, hooray.

Only problem right now is Lleoc hasn't wanted to play for like 3 months (burned himself out as usual) and the guild making attempts on Thazeran is blowing up. Sad it probably won't be touched for a while unless he changes how the fight works but whatever. There's still plenty of crap to do if you're around that tier now, you just need to step out of your comfort zone and do a thing.

Other sick things that have happened since a lot of high tier people quit:

- Opuses now drop off XP mobs!!! No more turruj until you want to kill yourself for a crit evo 2 or whatever bullshit class book you were missing!!! You need to do fifth seeker in order to read them or turn them in but that's really not that hard to do anymore
- New cool items like treasure map stuff, an axe that spawns extra monsters, an upgraded robe of royalty and a hammer that spawns zombies
- Third warrior tome is now a DPS stance for when you're a low tier guild taking 7 tanks to a raid or dragging an alt to scum loot on
- Fuwok's been making a bunch of new adepts that are a lot trickier than the old adepts with great loot for the level
- Jenrok quest items got adjusted, most of them are still bad but not as bad
- Tunnels and big OG doesn't suck as much rear end XP wise anymore and have some of the highest chances for opus drop rates, also the new treasure map drops off big OG
- Traekoth Jr is back and his loot is still busted for how hard the fight is. It also only drops one piece of loot because gently caress you, lol

I'm sure I'm forgetting more stuff but here's some pictures, come play m'lord

(courtesy of non-goon but Real Dude Marcone)

But really, give it a try, it's been a lot of fun lately!

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
This is a fun game, but I always hit a brick wall at max level since I’m too small to do anything except farm Kaesora or something. I have a few chars at the several hundred aa and tomes rank but can never find a raid to join (Asia time zones D: ).

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

r0rb posted:

This is a fun game, but I always hit a brick wall at max level since I’m too small to do anything except farm Kaesora or something. I have a few chars at the several hundred aa and tomes rank but can never find a raid to join (Asia time zones D: ).

Forgot to mention in an earlier post but if your problem is gear they added visible slots to the Thurgadin bounty hunter set of quests and while it takes a while to make it's something you could probably duo or find people to do it with. It's not perfect but it's definitely a solid upgrade to BoE gear or random low tier raid crap.

Also the new 12 man was released today along with some other general changes (including bard changes, hooray) and it whips rear end.

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
I would play this randomly and probably will again. I was just checking it out a few days ago and thought it was dead in the water, glad to see that I was wrong. Is there still a 2 box limit?

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
There is still a 2 box limit.

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008

Roman Rambo posted:

Monk - They punch, and kick, and club stuff really well. They can take hits well, and they're also the best pullers in the game. Chaining their different special attacks in specific combinations can increase damage,

This was the last revision several years ago. Chaining/combo is gone. Monks have discipline which replaces endurance and builds as you hit stuff and can empower their special attacks (flying kick, eagle strike, etc.) for added effects, more info here. You get an accuracy bonus while fighting with no weapons (bare fist) and a defensive bonus with them in. Also barefist ratio increases with strength and dex.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
The adept scene was popping a month or so ago when a bunch more added in.
Adepts being lower level ... level restricted raid mobs that drop unique and cool gear on your way up the ladder.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
How's the population these days? I've never done much but level a bunch of monks on this server, but it's always been a lot of fun.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Is the endgame still divided into robe-havers and not-havers or did that thing finally get fixed?

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008
Robes were nerfed down to around the original AC they were planned to have, 150ac, and some of the higher end raid bosses were adjusted. Still robes are usually the best option for tanks as it is 40ac above the other BPs (they got buffed as well, custo BP 110ac for example), and the procs aren't significant enough to make the difference.

Stonewalljack fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 4, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

That's probably a good thing. I just looked through the patch notes, it's cool to see a lot being done. I haven't really played since around the time 2.5 went live. Looks like blazewind gloves are still worse than t9-10 gloves though, rip

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008
No, blazewind gloves had their proc rate bumped slightly and fire damage increased to +7 (so an additional 0.05 to both fist ratios, with the last change it doesn't matter what element the gloves damage is just the amount). In raid settings between the huge negative resist on lure of flame, and all the resist debuffs, as long as the FR on the boss is 9 or less (druids can't really archaic 10 and 11 is immune), the DD hits for pretty much full damage.

Edit: for exp it still sucks doing bloodfires though, as matron, taesh boots, and spine procs are all worthless. Serizus gloves have so much less AC it hurts to wear them, and attacking the DS's with fast h2h sucks. I'm hoping to get a core or one of the new aoe proc weapons (one proc is magic based aoe stun, the other is poison based aoe slow/snare dot) from Bloodstorm tunnels to pair with horok and make the zone more pleasant to duo.

Stonewalljack fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 5, 2018

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
the only reason i played this over p1999 was the permadeath hardcore which owns

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

That's bloody insane.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
A less clunky, more chill EQ1 sounds like a fun thing to try. I played EQ2 for ages but all the ominous news about the company's future right now is making me reluctant to get back into anything EQ that's not a private server - and EQ2 has no private servers, for now at least.

Is there a way to see beastlord pet models in action before permanently committing to one? I remember some cool pet models in 2 looked dorky as gently caress in practice because the walk animation would be sped up 1000% to keep up with you and stuff like that.

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
There are screenshots of the beastlord pet models here: https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Beastlord

I don't know to what extent there is video of them walking around though. I think for the most part they are good, but scale your idea of good to 1999.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I definitely don't mind old graphics, so long as they aren't flailing at quadruple speed or something.

Made an account and a character, I never played EQ1 at all so it's kinda fun bumbling around not knowing what the buttons do. Man there are some weird things in the server name policy though. I mean, I get not wanting people to have poo poo like celebrity names, Drizzt, or "I Hate Microsoft." But then you have things like:

"...players with names of objects from different languages Can be okay if they are unrelated. The Navajo word for "Holy" would not be appropriate for a Priest or a Paladin, but would work for any other class. The Swedish word for "spider" wouldn't fly for a rogue but might be okay for other classes. The Spanish word for "hill" could be appropriate for any class."

:psyduck:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The naming policy is a lot less strict now, I wouldn't read TOO much into that. Basically as long as you don't name yourself something completely stupid and/or draw attention to it you'll be fine. Tarutao was a bit of a ...stickler to be nice.

Kallikaa
Jun 13, 2001

mushroom_spore posted:

The Swedish word for "spider" wouldn't fly for a rogue but might be okay for other classes.

Spindel the Rogue? That's it no more Dalaya for you!

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Can't wait to remake Spiders and Ants.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Yea this ruled and was really tough. Was a real challenge though.

Also if you hit level 65 you should be immune to name nerfs. Especially if you get over 100 AAs.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Been years since I played this, but never got very far. Been on a bit of an EQ kick lately though, so I'll give it a shot.

What's the player population looking like now a days?

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008

Willias posted:

What's the player population looking like now a days?

It's not like it was 5+ years ago with peaks in the 300-400, but it has bounced back from the post 2.5 group/raid bug era. 100-120 at peak times is what I've seen when I think to check. Population is split between lower levels and endgame raiding. There seems to be a constant trickle of new players in addition to alts being roled to experience new adept (level locked raid content). This makes leveling engaging, especially with the decrease in respawn timers on adepts.

Endgame raiding has 4-5 active guilds, some such as Dragonkin very accommodating to newer players. There have been several new zones added as well as solo raid targets at the high end, which enables targets most nights.

New 65 is the toughest part of the game. This can be alleviated by duoing and taking your time leveling to get adept gear, but I quit twice for years after getting to that point.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Thanks for the info. Noticed most places are ghost towns.

Level 7 human paladin so far. Feels like classic EQ but with better quests that aren’t the ridiculous stuff added in TSS.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

How much faster is leveling in this compared to p1999? Also there are 25 people on at the moment, goddamn

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

Frog Act posted:

How much faster is leveling in this compared to p1999? Also there are 25 people on at the moment, goddamn

Leveling is way faster than p99, but you’ll never stop leveling because of AA and tomes.

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008
Wanted to highlight some of the patch notes from yesterday for older players:

Client
-Stackable items can now be placed in stacks of 60. Note that quantities of items summoned by spells, clickies, etc. This will be addressed in a future patch.

Spells
-Many level 65 raid buffs were increased in duration to 5 hours (3000 ticks).

In addition content continues to be added, most recently an extension to Abyss, adding bosses to the unused area. Full patch notes here.

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
Congrats to all the gamblers who won in the slot machine GM event today, including big winner Narg who got the Lucky Charm.

https://i.imgur.com/Wt4N92C.jpg

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Not in it, rated 1

(I won 500 plat)

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
I’ve been leveling up a ranger and a shaman, and I gotta say those project draist and grinkles adept killer community toons are great. Also it’s funny that every xp message is a novel now because of the billion pieces of xpable gear I’m wearing.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Dunno what happened Fuwok but thanks for all the work you did, the guild and I'm sure a lot of the server appreciated it. We'll miss your stuff at least.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Stanos posted:

Dunno what happened Fuwok but thanks for all the work you did, the guild and I'm sure a lot of the server appreciated it. We'll miss your stuff at least.

I'm pretty sure Fuwok's blog money 100% keeps the server afloat. I have no proof for this allegation.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Did Fuwok quit SoD and thereby stop deving?

Also, I miss using fuwok to blow everything up for the endless charm grind. Some days I think about playing again, but then I realize that i was still 120k away from 512k charm and that I would still only be halfway to the Real Man Charm.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 2, 2018

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I won't tell Fuwok's story but Marza did Upper Thaz, got annoyed that he kept getting stymied by whoever is in head of content now that Slaar seems done (Taryth probably, I think?), decided to work on class balance so he could make better tuned fights (make paladins and to a lesser extent SKs less poo poo tanking wise at the high end, Bard changes that miraculously got pushed through, some other odds and ends), kept getting stymied there and just decided to not deal with it.

I'd guess it's the same for Fuwok. You can read some of the player's concerns on the boards but you can kinda feel it in the top guild. For me, it's just incredibly bad to have 2 devs that made good fun content decide it's not worth their trouble to do so anymore. A lot of the same issues where multiple people have offered their time to help out in some fashion that were ignored or ghosted, it's just utterly baffling. You can't find something for them to do? Don't let them at the DB or anything they can do real harm with but nobody could like, write a quest? Give some content ideas and make loot for it?

Silent Halls should be out next Wednesday at least assuming Twist does his work so more loot and spells, hooray. Praise Saint Rymy who somehow manages to do stuff in the environment and Please Don't Leave Us Alone With Taryth.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Did they ever fix the thing where the 2.5 release removed the [PRISTINE] flag for all gear, and also the thing where there is no pathing and monsters run through walls at will?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
What classes are good solo on this server? Shamans any good? I played wayyyyy back when this was Winter's Roar and was able to solo to 59 as a Bard. I remember having a good time, i'm sure it is way different nowadays though.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Tomahawk posted:

What classes are good solo on this server? Shamans any good? I played wayyyyy back when this was Winter's Roar and was able to solo to 59 as a Bard. I remember having a good time, i'm sure it is way different nowadays though.

Bards, shaman, druid, necro, mage and enchanter can all solo their way up, technically you can do it with any class, especially if you get some starter gear, but those guys will have the least awful time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Basically any class that was a good soloer in original EQ is probably a good soloer here. Unless you have some horrible aversion to boxing though I'd highly recommend it. It's not that much more work and opens up a lot more choices for you. Any melee and a healer works more or less, wiz/enc is pretty funny. Casters will probably want some form of knight but I'd abandon it sooner than later at 65 since getting a tank to the point where they're not poo poo is a lot of work.

Shaman are fine though, basically on raids you do DPS when you can and spam heals on the tank. Pretty simple on the surface.

Be sure to hit adepts on your way up if you're starting fresh, the respawn times were lowered a couple months ago and the gear they drop is very nice for the level. You can usually find people around to load bots if you're patient and they're pretty disgustingly geared. You don't need to hit all of them for every piece of loot but stopping to smell the roses if you're fresh will pay off later. Special note to the crate of pets event that drops a fairly irreplaceable clicky. You can technically get it at 65 but it's from a quest in a high tier raid zone, much easier to get it leveling up fresh. The whistle lets you summon a vendor every 24 hours, pretty handy.

You can read more about adepts here:

https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Adept

• Locked thread