Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I desperately need to play a game of some sort. preferably like 15-20 players probably?? beggars can't be choosers though

I had a spark of fire in my soul and I must. play. mafia

someone open a game please!! for me!! my soul and destiny and fate demand it!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

BK, if your soul needs Mafia that badly and Ecco is fine with it, you may have my spot and I will move to the sub list :)

Wait oh my god I’m sorry I meant to post this in the discussion thread mafia all time bloopers poo poo

No this was not an incredibly aggressive lovely thing to do that I was doing, it was just an accident, pretend I never posted in this thread

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

i didn't mean for this to happen

but i won't fret now that it has

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

i apologize to all of the people whose estimation of the quality of this game has now gone down ≥ 20% due to my participation

to all of the people whose estimations have gone down less than that, i feel no apology is in order, as it will be more appropriate to apologize post-game when you realize you were wrong

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

i like ur av bk

hey ecco give me a day vig pls!

thank you as, i took the picture of the painting myself

when i took the picture i thought two things

first, "this is me"

second, "this would be a good avatar for my dead comedy forums that i play my silly social manipulation game on"

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

more specifically, it's a painting of me looking at you're post, at the exact moment i have determined that your scum

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

How Could I Forget

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

ha i like mine bc it makes me feel more confident. maybe i should spin it round but it may not contain the same level of disdain that i appreciate from it now.

i hope your dad is doing well also :)

he's doing as well as he can be atm! he had his fourth chemo treatment yesterday, and it's really good chemo because it makes his immune system stronger instead of weaker. we're really really thankful for that. (apologies if i said that last time i talked about him, i say the same facts a lot!) he does so well with it he actually works the other 9 days out of the fortnight work weeks. we think he's gonna beat it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I give my spot to Hal against his will

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ready 2 hunt scum

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I should make a dank meme mafia where every player is a dank rear end meme

the scum would be pepe, vox.com, and humans over the age of 25

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

if y'all didn't ruin memes you wouldn't be included in the list!!!

if i was being more honest with myself the age would be like 21

memes are a young folks game

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ecco lied, role pms died

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I’m going to stay in the game, as punishment

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ok ok role pms are coming and thats cool and all so i took the initiative and made a fun alignment chart of some ~~~~POSTING PERSONAS~~~~

yami and icep i dont know you super well yet so i didn't know where to place your posting personas, feel free to place yourselves tho

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

Nice. (Max placed himself in lower left before, imo i agree)

i placed max at top before i realized i was wrong, and ecco was at the top, because ecco is pearl

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

max's heart is Big and Rad and Powerful and I Believe It's There

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GeneX posted:

Hmm

I'll allow it, I am absolutely spiteful enough

I'd probably order pizza at home to make up for it though

i didnt have a lot of trouble placing you but for confirmation i watched your av animation

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

What, I don't exist? :)

poo poo gently caress i had your av in the folder but musta skipped over it in error, im doing some shoddy work today

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I forget how gifs work and the first frame of your gif does not include the dog so I worked with what I had

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I haven’t read the last 100 posts since the game started and I’m gonna catch up tonight but

I think the fact that I got sick right when I started playing mafia again is a sign from the gods

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

Wait I just read this

##unvote
##vote BK

Slander and lies.

the truth hurts bish

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

the fact that i put all the samafia mods (that are in this game) near each other on the alignment chart is not a coincidence

i almost typed *not* instead of using bbcode, gently caress, ive been out of the game

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

BK I want you to use your stirring rhetoric to win me over.

win you over to what

you need to set goals for yourself, keanard

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hello friends this is also true for me as i am in the same group:

Asiina posted:

I won't be around for deadline, it's D&D night starting about 3 hours before.

but i am here to gently caress poo poo up

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm still catching up but another thought about podima (who i don't agree with the case on) is that he would also spell particular attention to cop fuckery in an eccogame because of a previous experience that still traumatizes me to this day

so i kinda understand pointing out the miller thing with emphasis

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I find these comments suspect for several reasons.

AS simultaneously acknowledges Podima's defense of her accusations but then repeats those accusations to anotherr without any sign of taking Podima's defense to account.

When challenged to explain why Atomic Soda's accusations speak at all to alignment, AS instead simply repeats them verbatim, as if unwilling or unable to explore them further.

AS offers two very disposable, unexplained reads of others here and ends the statement disparaging Asiina's vote and implying Asiina needs to post opinions of others. It is as if Atomic Sofa offered up these quick opinions solely to accuse Asiina of not having done the same.

An assassin should always trust their instincts. Mine are telling me to ##unvote ##vote Atomic Soda

I agree with this case entirely. Specifically, the motive behind hearing a defense and then not engaging with it at all. I've grappled a lot with how much to take into account the defense of someone who I think is scum but it mega depends on context and I think responding to "this is what i genuinely think in mafia in general" with "i'm not claiming this is some air tight slam dunk" reads a lot to me as a scum thinking "well, i already went out on my ledge for today targeting a townie, i can't waste the social capital to do it again so i'm just gonna stick with it."

this is the place where my vote would be but i want to fully catch up first.

as a final thought here, atomic soda, yami and I have an unconfirmed masonry. I really don't give much of a poo poo about unconfirmed masonries (especially in an eccogame!!!!) because they gently caress with your head and idk i dont want to share secrets and chat much with people whose alignment might not be town. too much wifom.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

I don’t like this reaction to me mentioning your name all of once.

:agreed:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

lol I guess I'm not allowed to defend myself (which is exactly what I was doing)

give me the shovel

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

I don't agree with this, AS' tone felt conversational and willing to discuss the vote, not as hardline as you're framing it to be here.

i feel like i need a deeper literary analysis here, like honestly, to know what parts of as's post(s?) you're actually talking about.

like, you're just talking about tone and not content? scum fake tone. but the lack of engagement with you and then basically asserting to asiina that the case was clear of why you were scummy when i disagree, it was never clear why you were scum from her case (which, hey, townies can make bad cases, it's the follow-up that has activated my scumsensor9000)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote uncleftish cola

the sal thing is too much for me

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ecco did you put in the part about it being called a schroedinger's deadline

it's not a thing

it'll never be a thing

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

##vote bowmore

bk is on discord so might check in but isn't chatting in miller chat.

BottleKnight posted:

hello friends this is also true for me as i am in the same group:

Asiina posted:

I won't be around for deadline, it's D&D night starting about 3 hours before.

but i am here to gently caress poo poo up

i play in an online roleplaying group via discord

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Moatillata posted:

What are your concerns again?

This is horseshit and you know it pod I have aggressively avoided nothing and given my opinions freely

Pod you are doing the town a disservice

moat you know i love you but i think pod is right and also just sharing this gif makes angery with blindign rageg

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I solidified in my last eccogame that I don't have an easy time reading sal. I don't know what it is. Sal you are my kryptonite!!!

My gut is to trust the d1 frustrated cop claim but it is also absolutely conceivable that sal could have faked it as a scum tactic?? that would be a pretty big gamble though.

it's all wifom but since i can never get a good actual read on sal i'm leaning town since idk thats a pretty ballsy fakeclaim in a game with a miller claim?

i dont play mafia enough, im no longer a wizard at this stuff

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

for clarification, when i say "faked it as a scum tactic" i'm not just talking the claim, i'm also talking about all the frustration from yesterday, which seems like a big gambit

not inconceivable though, just less likely

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

thats a little too wifomy for me keane but shes still my #1 scumpick. especially after she threw shade at me for being online on discord but not talking when i said i'd be gone last night (even if honest mistake, i thought it was weird)

i'm especially :tinfoil: considering my #2 scumpick is

Moatillata posted:

I think dear soda is town and this gives me hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Nah, it's fine.

which part is fine, your initial claim or the discord thing

• Locked thread