Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
So is next week's episode the series finale? I believe they've usually had 8 and this week was #7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Yes, this was the penultimate episode.

I loved the subversion of the happy ending. Except for Archer, that is. He got a very happy ending.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Finally caught up and I still can't get over how good this season is, my favorite's probably the plastic surgery episode so far. The fan blade limply striking Archer's cheek and the end of that episode really hit for me

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
So there was a commercial during the episode about some announcement being made on Friday (At Comic-Con or something?) regarding the show…

Given the way the episode ended, or lack of a real ending, they gotta be doing something else, right? A special or movie, maybe on Hulu?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Have to... ending doesn't make sense otherwise.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

algebra testes posted:

Have to... ending doesn't make sense otherwise.

A friend told me they were cancelled after they had written the ending, but I thought I had heard this was planned.

Were the SFX and music muted for anyone else this season, or do I need to recalibrate my sound system?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Everything I heard, even way back before this season had a release date, said that this was going to be the final season. Of course, production times for animated shows can be pretty long, so it's possible that they were canceled after they wrapped writing and voice acting work. (Does that happen before final animation is done?)

My wife has been hoping for a movie at the very end, so maybe that'll be the surprise.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

tarlibone posted:

Everything I heard, even way back before this season had a release date, said that this was going to be the final season. Of course, production times for animated shows can be pretty long, so it's possible that they were canceled after they wrapped writing and voice acting work. (Does that happen before final animation is done?)

My wife has been hoping for a movie at the very end, so maybe that'll be the surprise.

Usually animated shows will record voices very early in the animation process and use them as a guide for final animation.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I hope so, this was an excellent season and I enjoyed the episode, but I don't think it was a "series finale" good episode.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Apparently there's supposed to be an Archer related announcement at NYCC tonight.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I hope its a point and click adventure game with all the voice actors

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
All right, cool. Finale is still to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOJQei2GyIc

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Yay! Would have been a huge bummer if that was it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I thought Cryil's speech and the monetage made for a fine wrap-up, as did ending on the gag of "oops, we're all fired," but yeah. They can definitely do better.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh good we are getting a finale finale!
<<<My reaction

Thought the season was really good and had that vibe it had pre coma seasons.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Just finished Season 12 and its... a strange mix? On the one hand they largely abandoned Archer's recovery and some of the character's progression. On the other, some of these original episodes are all-timers. IIA is great and the relationship between Fabian and Archer really clicks for me. And while Lana's marriage drama was a chore, its hard to fault a season with the trip to London and Bruce Campbell as proto-Archer.

And wow, yeah. Given the circumstances the farewell to Mallory was perfect. Just beautifully understated, and the reveal of Ron Cadillac had me bawling.

Onto the next!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

LividLiquid posted:

I thought Cryil's speech and the monetage made for a fine wrap-up, as did ending on the gag of "oops, we're all fired."
If it had been delivered as the actual last thing in the episode, it would have worked as an ending. But it lingered too long after, made it obvious that there's supposed to be more to come. I just watched the episode now, not having heard about the secret extra finale, and immediately googled it because I'd thought it was the last episode until that moment and had to go "wait, did I have that wrong? Is there another one?"

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Making my way through the later seasons and just hit the Intervention Therapist episode. 10/10. Just a perfect episode, top to bottom, end to end.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CrimsonAuthor posted:

All right, cool. Finale is still to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOJQei2GyIc

This is today

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

gently caress YES!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Well, it's not the worst thing that's ever happened to Him.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I was entertained, but still want more.

Archer having sex with Katya/Barry was hilarious

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
KICK PANTS!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

fartknocker posted:

I was entertained, but still want more.

Archer having sex with Katya/Barry was hilarious

.... Alright I'm going to need you to start again that was working for me.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Narcissus1916 posted:

Making my way through the later seasons and just hit the Intervention Therapist episode. 10/10. Just a perfect episode, top to bottom, end to end.

Which one is this?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I really liked the finale. It was quite satisfying, seeing all the characters move on to their next stages in life. And it was nice to see Brock Sampson again.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Now that was a proper sendoff, this was a great way for the show to end.

Turns out that of all the returning characters, Boris was who I'd missed the most. I didn't expect that.

Bright Bart posted:

Which one is this?

The one where they try to give Archer an intervention, but it turns out he's been going to therapy. Season 13, Out of Network.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m glad it got back to some highs before it went out but I’m kind of bummed to see the show go. I’ve been watching it since S1 when I was fuckin’ 20 and wanted to see what all the new people in my college Krav Maga club were talking about. As soon as I saw it was from the Frisky Dingo guy I was all in.

Perfect finale though, I don’t think they could have ended it better.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Mark Ganek did a fantastic job as the head writer post-coma. Reed deservedly gets so much adoration for those first seasons but man - stepping into a well-established world like this could not have been an easy haul

https://twitter.com/MarkGanek/status/1730667652241387786

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Archer speaking Portuguese but not remembering that he does or that he's in a Portuguese-speaking country is just one of the reasons I'll this booksmart idiot of a world's greatest spy.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The one where they try to give Archer an intervention, but it turns out he's been going to therapy. Season 13, Out of Network.

Thanks!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Finale good! Feels like the stuck the landing and left things a little open ended if things went that way.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So happy Pam and Archer wound up together, even if it was just as professionals.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

LividLiquid posted:

So happy Pam and Archer wound up together, even if it was just as professionals.

Yeah I always liked that "holy crap, I think we're best friends" moment from like halfway through the series.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

GigaPeon posted:

Yeah I always liked that "holy crap, I think we're best friends" moment from like halfway through the series.
Oh, wow! Was this in one of the coma seasons I never saw? I don't remember it at all and super want to see it.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

LividLiquid posted:

Oh, wow! Was this in one of the coma seasons I never saw? I don't remember it at all and super want to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxmGvtJJOTc

Terrible video quality, but it's the best I could find.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I remember that now!

Thank you. I've always loved how their relationship developed. That brief period they were gently caress buddies was a high point of the show for me.

Pam's "come at me, bro" when Archer stops the elevator so they could gently caress is just :discourse:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Pam rules. Be like Pam. Pampaging about the countryside.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I really thought they were setting up for one last Danger Zone there at the end, but no dice

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Kesper North posted:

Pam rules. Be like Pam. Pampaging about the countryside.
The loving coolest, sexiest, badassiest, most relatable trash cartoon lady I've ever encountered in my entire life.

She's the hero we need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m not crazy that Krieger made a Cyberpunk reference?