Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

an actual dog posted:

The first Evil Within is a game that was overlooked cause it runs like poo poo on a PS4 and likes to throw a lot of really disorienting stuff at the player, but it's also really interesting and memorable. 2 fixes all the problems but it's also just kinda bland, which is sad. It's definitely like, pretty good tho.

I recommend buying the first one for PC, cause while it still has issues (textures not being in place when you move the camera is the big one) it's playable and you can see the cool poo poo Shinji Mikami was going for.

EW1 had nothing memorable about it besides how slipshod it was. EW2 had better pacing, gameplay, and environments (especially environments, since it actually tried to do something with the whole "brainscape" idea besides using it as an excuse to shove in a ton of disparate art assets).

At this point playing the first one is only recommended to see what a huge improvement the second was over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

they're playing "IRL" which is a hint to what they're revealing

Bethesda is going to drop nukes on several key locations across the US...

ME FIRST! ME FIRST!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Doesn't change my other points, though.

My biggest complaint is the dissonance between gameplay and narrative. If the gameplay and narrative don't work together, you might as well just have a movie.

there's no dissonance between tlou's gameplay and its narrative beyond the fact that joel's forearm is apparently a fully automated tungsten-alloy prosthetic that can crush a throat to bone powder in seconds

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i like the theory that FF7R was just handed over to nomura so that once he's done with KH3 he'll just "develop" that game forever, preventing him from ruining any of SE's other projects

the man is a parasite on that company even by its low standards

• Locked thread