Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
What's the plot of Anthem? I skipped the end of EA's press conference; and from what little I gathered isn't it that some kind of alien presence visits earth, gives access to extra-terrestrial tech; and then Humanity has contact with alien life? Isn't that the kinda plot of Destiny too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Inzombiac posted:

Maaaan, I'm actually excited for Fallout 76 but only because it can be offline if you want.

They said there was a story and missions but there's no way it's structured the same as previous games.
There's still so many unanswered questions but I'm super hype for these good, gross monsters.

They showed some cool stuff for Fallout 76; but absolutely everything they showed turned me off.

I played FO3 and NV as interactive short story collections. Go to new place, find some people; solve their problems. Rinse wash repeat. When FO4 was revealed with a big emphasis on the main narrative and settlement building I dropped it harder than a hand grenade. 76 seems to be even more of a settlement builder with a setting that isn't really conductive to side-quests. So I imagine that most of the story-telling is going to be system and player driven rather than writer crafted.

That's not to say that any of this is bad, I can imagine dozens of people personally where this will scratch an itch that nothing else on the market does. And I imagine that with proper support this could explode like GTA Online for very much the same reasons. I think it will be honestly a great game; but not a game I can imagine myself enjoying.

• Locked thread