Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Would like to hear/see more about Spelunky 2. I don't suppose Devolver Digital is going to try to top last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I'm unironically looking forward to Anthem.

afkmacro posted:

All the presenters are awkward as poo poo.

Between the presenters and the youtuber host I've already had my fill of cringe for the entire E3.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I enjoyed Destiny, played Destiny 2 and wasn't really a fan since they didn't do much to improve on the game in my opinion. So I'm interested in a "better" Destiny, I don't know if Anthem will be better but I'm not going to write it off.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Pylons posted:

I really like loot shooters and I think Anthem can occupy a niche that hasn't been filled in that genre yet.

:same:

I feel like Destiny is probably the best in this genre, but that's not saying much. Borderlands already started going downhill with Borderlands 2. The Division was fun for a little while, but in a setting where the majority of your enemies are humans that kind of limits creativity and dumping hundreds of rounds into humans was kind of stupid. Warframe is convoluted as gently caress.

I'm not saying Anthem will be better than any of these games and I wasn't blown away by the gameplay they showed, but there's definitely space and demand for a better game of this genre.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Pakled posted:

hahahahahaha I forgot about Days Gone oh my god that hasn't come out yet, we're gonna see more about it at this E3, that's gonna be rich

a generic as gently caress zombie game in 2019

Being shown at three or four E3's is a sure sign of greatness. See previous example No Man's Sky.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Dreadwroth posted:

Yeah totally, it might be good maybe? Im liking that you can just jetpack around at will, even in combat and the maps look big maybe?

Nah it's totally on rails. Source: This thread

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

This presentation is bad and awkward as hell, but looking forward to Rage 2 and Fallout 76.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Are they gonna clap? I thought they would clap here?? We inserted 14 pauses for audience applause. Maybe I should wait and gesture to them to clap???

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

:homebrew:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Can't wait for Skyrim in space.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Maaaan, I'm actually excited for Fallout 76 but only because it can be offline if you want.

Can it? I thought they said it was online, but you could play it solo if you want.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Am I crazy or are there like 50 games with a February release?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Wonders to self, why is the PC show always bad? I have a PC and still play games on it.

*Sees first PC world premiere*

Oh right, most PC only games are this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Final Fantasy Explorers and Monster Hunter Stories were both great :colbert:

Wait, I'm mixing Explorers up with World of Final Fantasy. Yea Explorers was poo poo.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 11, 2018

• Locked thread