Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

The best poo poo I ever had was FDA certified organic soil-grown and had a listing of all of the soil amendments they used on the container. I'm the ur-snob now.

What, like this?

Because a lot of professional shops/growers do that, even for the $13 eighth I was holding for the picture. Hooray 4/20 sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

wtf are they like adding geranium oil and clove oil to hydro solution? wtf kind of weedrizardry is that nonsense?

It's probably in a solution used to keep pests at bay and sprayed topically on the plant. Neem oil comes to mind for some reason.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Your mom

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'd trust a pothead before a drunk. If that's all I know about someone, I'll always take the pothead.

/\ coke is an entirely different drug. It makes you an rear end in a top hat so you can get more coke. Kinda like meth. Weed just makes you mellow and goofy until your tolerance really kicks up and then it's more an idle vibe in the background that makes bullshit just bounce away.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 27, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, but I can walk into a store and pay a reasonable price for it here, pay taxes on it, and smoke comfortably in my home.

Basically, I'll never be in a back alley for a weed transaction again. So the validity of your point, in my state, doesn't apply to pot. Unless you're a dumb teenager that can't walk into the dispensaries legally.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ferroque posted:

Dabs are loving stupid. Oh yeah great now I need a super expensive rig and specially purchased wax to get high. Also i'll probably burn my apartment down when I knock over the blowtorch high as gently caress

Just wait until you're smoking a half oz to an oz a week of weed. Then it makes sense. Dab rigs don't have to be fancy and expensive either, mine was $30, but so was the torch (just buy a good one up front, don't buy the $5 torches). Also, hitting dabs doesn't stink up a place like smoking weed. If the skunky fuely smell is the biggest turn off from weed, a vape pen and some shatter are a great way to go.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CRUSTY MINGE, idk how you can go through that much! I tend to self-limit at about a quarter oz a month, but I also use one hitters and am loath to share because I live on a budget.

Is that all you or do you have moochers?

Years of practice.

It's all me. I started smoking in 1998, quit for 4 years of the army, regular daily smoker for over a decade now. I switched to hash a bit over a year ago, smoke/vape 3-4g a week. I'm not "high" all the drat time but it keeps the crazy in check.

A gram of hash is comparable to an eighth of flower in terms of thc content, and usually costs about the same as an eighth. A lot less material to smoke, and if your tolerance is low/nonexistent, it takes a teeny little hit to plow you over. It's also easier to cook with, and doesn't funk up your food as much.

SSoJ, I get it, your father had poor impulse control and loved the coke. He probably would've clutched to weed if it was all he could get to scratch that itch. Alcohol if he was some blue collar chump with a drug test to study for frequently. He probably would've been around more, been a better father figure, and a much more relaxed person if he just stopped at pot. He discovered coke before self control, which cokes erodes anyway, and followed that path.

Drugs can be lovely things, but they can also be a lifeline. He chose a trade that's fueled by cocaine. Life's a journey, man. Coke is a part of the rat race that thinks getting to the end with the most poo poo wins.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Peasant weed doesn't exist in Colorado.

Well, it does, but it's sold as seedy shake for <$50/oz and still pulls potency in the teens.

I don't generally smoke with other people because I'll destroy their stocks. I get flower here and there to roll joints, usually heat up a little wax to run down the length of the paper. If I'm smoking with someone, I bring one of those to them, because I don't need someone passing out at my place, I have poo poo to do.

Last time I took a tolerance break I had a few incidents that convinced me not to take another, more than a day or two. You don't smoke this much without some sort of mental problem lingering. Pot's been a pretty big part of keeping me off of serious anti-depressants and anxiety meds that the VA would love to dope me up on and forget about.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 27, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BaconCopter posted:

Totally wrong. Most weed in CO (hell, the country) is bunk rear end pesticide/pgr mids. Blue Dream is by far the top selling strain in the state. It's ridiculous how different stuff from a quality dispensary is, doesn't have to be more expensive either. Med helps, and 2 of my top 3 are med-only in Denver.

Snob? I'm a god drat sultan.

Solventless hash only. 6*, full-melt, rosin, sure. It's 2018, drop the drat butane.

One of the best extractors in the state is selling virtually the same thing for double in Cali. Spending over a Franklin on one gram :stonklol: :a2m:

I meant peasant weed like brick weed. That poo poo doesn't sell here.

I don't care about propane/butane solvent hash. It doesn't bother me and I'm not smoking for the taste anyhow. It's $15-20/g for hash and I've been seeing live resin as low as $25/g.

And you know drat well if you live in Denver that the only difference in medical and recreational is the tax. That's it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BaconCopter posted:

Except that certain dispensaries and companies are only available to medical patients, which entails that certain products are only available to med patients. Like unlimited potency edibles (Love me some $25 500mg distillate gummies), or quantities of hash greater then 8 grams in one purchase, or just straight up different shops grow different strains. For example, my spot Allgreens is med only, and in my opinion has the best flower and solventless in the state. No one has their consist quality and generally large quantities of solventless hash oil. I've never seen anyone else in the state create water hash (not rosin) that practically clear.

Expensive? Sure. But the feeling and longevity of said feeling is multiple times better then the best live resin I've tried.

Oh, yeah. I'm aware that there are med only shops. Technically yes, you are correct, but places that sell to both sides of the counter are just handing you the same product for rec as med. I just hit rec stores. I'm more than eligible for a red card, but as we've seen with California's supreme court last year, if your name is on a medical marijuana roll somewhere, you can kiss buying firearms goodbye. And I honestly don't mind paying the tax, been waiting most my drat life for that alone.

I'm not a crazed gun collector, I just have a revolver at the moment, only gun I've owned for years. I'm looking at replacing it with a magazine fed pistol and getting a bolt action rifle to eventually use for hunting. I'm not getting a red card until those are covered.

Which frankly, that's loving stupid anyhow. If you're on prescription opiates or amphetamines, you're not barred from ownership, and they're significantly more dangerous drugs than a delicious goddamn weed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The edibles I used to get were 10/10mg snack squares for $10 flat out the door. Pig N Whistle in west Denver has had them at that price for probably a year now.

Just use Weedmaps or Leafly to find places with them on sale.

And don't shop in the drat tourist traps.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You poor fuckers in prohibited states.

Cali will have a price crash eventually. It happened in Colorado, it happened in Washington, it's coming to Cali too.

I'm gonna smoke some live resin. Well, more live resin. It was on sale.

loving lol, imagine a weed dealer being like, "yo, this stuff is on sale".

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's going to be the biggest pain in the rear end to clean.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm south of Denver, but I was just stating the obvious. The more weed that eventually winds up on on the market will drive the price down. I mentioned Cali in relation to the firearms and medical card holders case their supreme court ruled on last year, and now the ruling is being used as precedent in other states, namely Colorado.

The "on sale" thing is more like, you know when outdoor season wraps up and the market is up to its' rear end in a top hat in weed? Ounces (pre-weighed, 15-20%, single strain) drop to about $80 before tax, the concentrates are pushing 90% thc, kinda like this past 4/20. At some point the market will be saturated and the price will free fall. Not soon enough for some of you guys, but it will come.

I only moved to concentrates last year, and I'm a 20 year, pack a day cigarette smoker. I don't much taste a difference in hash in its varieties. I shoot for whatever the highest percentage claims and tempt fate from there. Frankly, I'm not terribly concerned with how it's extracted, my lungs are beat anyhow. I primarily switched to cut down on the amount of worthless (relatively speaking) plant matter. And I occasionally just throw a couple of grams (decarbed, of course) in a loaf of banana bread. Don't ask for a recipe, I just use a box mix.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 30, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just smoke your weed however you want. I don't give a poo poo if someone has a personal routine to smoke. I'm not going to let someones' weed OCD control how I smoke, I'll just bring my own waxed joint and hit at my own leisure. They can hit it as long as they don't use it as a microphone for 3 minutes or have active herp lip.

The people that absolutely kill me are the "you can grow your own with any old bag seed and hit 30% because you love the plant and feed it positive vibes" assholes. Yeah, I'll just smoke this commercial poo poo, you smoke the plant you dream about loving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have nothing against growing your own. Do your own thing, but don't try to give me the bullshit equivalence of "love" to something of actual nutritional value to a plant.

If there's such a thing as a weed spectrum, I want to be on the opposite end of it from those idiots.

• Locked thread