Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whalesteak
May 6, 2013

My recollection is spotty, but I think they become Marthas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Nice touch that Mrs. Waterford loaded up the Motown version of Easy but the soundtrack (I'm pretty sure) played the Faith No More cover. Presumably the version June would have listened to?

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty awful of the show to try to make you feel bad for Serena. Didn't work on me, thats for sure.

Pretty disappointed her punishment was only a beating. I'm not gonna be happy until she gets sent to the colonies.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm getting really sick of them trying to frame Serena as a sympathetic character. I'll never, ever, feel an ounce of sympathy for her.

At this point I prefer to believe they're giving us some sweet schadenfreude.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

JazzFlight posted:

Part of me wants June to contact and be saved by the Mayday resistance people and become an underground freedom fighter, but that might veer too close to an action-packed "Man in the High Castle" style that doesn't match up with the first two seasons of this show. Like, it would definitely become a less powerful show, but I'd love every minute if she's blowing up/sniping commanders and freeing handmaids.

I'd imagine they'd get plenty of mileage out of killing Waterford, and having Serena holding Hannah hostage in exchange for the baby. Maybe the season could focus on the other stolen children as well.

Presumably at some point they would cover Emily and Nick in Gilead (attempting to free the remaining children, handmaidens, and marthas during the run up to war with Canada?) There seems to be plenty more to do in Gilead without June becoming Carrie Matheson and tracking rogue Gilead commanders to Venezuela post-revolution.

• Locked thread