Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I think most if not all of us on this forum have thought at one point “Man....I could have written something better than this!”. Be it a storyline that had potential and flopped, an idea that could have been amazing but was never full realized, a character never being given a fair shot or even a villain who never got the respect you thought he deserved.

The basic idea of this thread is to pick storyarcs, characters, titles, runs, events etc. and change them up in interesting ways, think of this as basically a What-If? Combined with armchair re-writing.

A few ground rules:

1. Provide an idea as a prompt. For example: Re-write Identity Crisis but have Ralph Dibney be the victim rather than Sue.

2. Find a prompt you're interested in and work on it. After that provide a new prompt.

3. Try to be out there and find cool prompts, I'd rather we not do FIX CIVIL WAR/ONE MORE DAY every single page.

4. No fixing current running stories. Mainly this is because we don't know where it goes, so saying FIX DOOMSDAY CLOCK! Makes no sense.

First Prompt:

Rewrite Age of Ultron, from issue 5 on when Wolverine goes back in time to kill Pym and craft a way more interesting alternative timeline, make Ultron more of a threat and resolve the whole story in a way that actually has some lasting interesting effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Second Prompt:

Re-write Siege in such a way that you kill off Norman Osbourne in a satisfying way that also keeps The Sentry alive.

• Locked thread