Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

i went up a mountain to see the aurora but it wasn't visible. still a nice mountain though and I saw the milky way

man this is gorgerous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
yeah, that's amazing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
went for a walk around somewhere local. not particularly a fan but maybe someone finds it interesting

you can see from the one with the stock pond how flat christchurch is. gentle autist grew up here and it shows

also I had rented a lens and the dude gave me a canon eos R to play with for the weekend. its so smooth compared to my 7d
some more pics with it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

what did it smell like

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

i went up a mountain to see the aurora but it wasn't visible. still a nice mountain though and I saw the milky way

now thats wassup

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the mountain air is very good. i wish I brought my tripod to take some long exposures of the stars, maybe next time. here's some more pics from the trip

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fuckin nice man

can I ask about your gear

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

those have a cool retro look to them with the reddish tint

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:3:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

went back to goat lake cause it's amazing. i love seeing trails off in the distance

rode beautiful bicycle a bit. trying to pace myself more for longer rides and managed 85mi/+1500ft in under 6 hours

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

rode beautiful bicycle a bit.

mind posting it? i'm just ribbing you, that's a pretty bike. I do hate the gum walls just to be honest but there's no accounting for taste

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

fuckin nice man

can I ask about your gear

its my phone. galaxy s21 ultra. it does high megapixel pix too but they're too larger for imgur

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

those have a cool retro look to them with the reddish tint

thats the IRL color it was amazing

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

went back to goat lake cause it's amazing. i love seeing trails off in the distance

rode beautiful bicycle a bit. trying to pace myself more for longer rides and managed 85mi/+1500ft in under 6 hours

these look awesome

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol imagine paying money for an anroid

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my job bought it for me :c00l:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

my job bought it for me :c00l:

work phones dont count you fucken terd

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's my personal phone, they gave me an office supplies stipend that i can use on devices

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

mind posting it? i'm just ribbing you, that's a pretty bike. I do hate the gum walls just to be honest but there's no accounting for taste

tanwalls rule fite me

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

from a few weeks ago

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

tanwalls rule fite me

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

love the paint job on that rig too. i always wanted a sparkly emerald/hunter green bike.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i wandered out into a mountain last night and got some pictures of the moon

not like telescope quality but i think pretty good for a 400mm lens and a 2 second exposure

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that looks great with 219.css

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

its my phone. galaxy s21 ultra. it does high megapixel pix too but they're too larger for imgur

they look incredible bro

I rented a 100mm macro lens. and was also running a loaned EOS R (which I liked so much I've now bought one of my own)

here's some outdoor pics, where I got up early to get sunrise pics but it was overcast and drizzling but that kinda ended up working in my benefit:
hope you like close ups of flowers

and these were taken without that lens, but still cute things. In the absence of anything better this is ending up as the photography thread

maybe I should start up a photography thread because these pics are getting kind of off topic :negative:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

that reminds me i have some hike pics

the trail itself isn't particularly scenic since it's effectively an old access route that never got upgraded to a road, but it's got some good spots

saw two takahe though, incl the one pictured above

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
incredible part of the country, I’ve only done the start of the karamea end, but nikau palms give it such an odd tropical vibe, I love it

plan to hit the bealey valley track this weekend. only just learned of it but it’s only an hour or so away. hopefully get some smashing pics to share

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

quit my tech job i work on a farm now

bump

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i knew a chick who did that. good luck I hope your situation is light years better than hers. god speed

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

good poo poo. i know a guy who quit to be a fly fishing guide and he is glad

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the first person I know who got rich from tech was this greybeard solaris guy whose employer got bought by a japanese company in the early 90s for the patents and he moved to rural washington and bought a bait shop

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

qirex posted:

the first person I know who got rich from tech was this greybeard solaris guy whose employer got bought by a japanese company in the early 90s for the patents and he moved to rural washington and bought a bait shop

king poo poo

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I saw a cool bird at the lake

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

echinopsis posted:

they look incredible bro

I rented a 100mm macro lens. and was also running a loaned EOS R (which I liked so much I've now bought one of my own)

here's some outdoor pics, where I got up early to get sunrise pics but it was overcast and drizzling but that kinda ended up working in my benefit:
hope you like close ups of flowers

and these were taken without that lens, but still cute things. In the absence of anything better this is ending up as the photography thread

maybe I should start up a photography thread because these pics are getting kind of off topic :negative:

i love the rose photos

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nice

there's the eastern bluebird here that looks a lot like this, wonder how far removed they are

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we get black billed magpies around here a lot, ive seen several pass through the yard

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
past two years magpies have tried downtown for a week or two, there's nothing to harass and the sputzies dont give a poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
had a couple red wing blackbirds the past two summers, but i think the hawks got wind of the general wild bird populace trying to move back to downtown now that car exhaust and people are drastically reduced. they used to circle around the skyscrapers every day for an hour around 3p

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jonny 290 posted:

we get black billed magpies around here a lot, ive seen several pass through the yard

my mom once asked me to bring a gun out to her house so i could blast a bunch of these handsome fellows who were waking her up every morning at 4am with their loud and filthy bird language

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when i used to stencil and stuff i put up magpies. magpies own.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
excellent, annoying, kleptomaniac birds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

i love the rose photos

thanks man. the colours of some of them are simply incredible, I was really lucky to have that lens and to be able to capture the colours like I could

graph posted:

nice

there's the eastern bluebird here that looks a lot like this, wonder how far removed they are

thanks. I know next to nothing about birds, no idea if these are native or what