Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Bryce kinda grows on you especially once you understand his story. He is just extremely done with this poo poo.
Arcadia will never cease to be bitchy. And useless. Those skills she showed off in the intro cutscene never show up during gameplay.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Quicksilver6 posted:

But couldn't you just regenerate inside the thing and explode out of it?

IIRC they justify by saying that it's a dimensional pocket or something. It's dumb.

Quicksilver6 posted:

E: While I'm at it, if I understand correctly, that is the ONLY enemy that can do that? Bosses have no special "I'm glowing red, grr, argh look out" attack? And you get swarmed with lovely Kirbys? If they at least fought each other over who gets to eat the head that would give you a chance to find your body without doing QTE shenanigans...

In order,
Yup.
They do but it won't make you game over, just make you fall apart completely.
Yup, and they constantly respawn.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ramos posted:

Oh come, the could have at least made the bosses have their own kill moves. It could have made for some dynamic fights if you gently caress up.

This game is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery against giving the player power for reasons I cannot understand. Like OP isn't kidding, those loving spawners? They are the bane of your existence.The best strategy I found for them is (if there are no red barrels available) is to circle straif around them and slicing up all the yellow bits. Then keep waling on it until it dies. Hitting one spot will take three times as long to kill the drat things. The sad thing is that the game is pretty fun when you don't need to do that poo poo. Like goddamn I have walls getting blown up and explosions everywhere, I need nothing else.

The Swordpig fight is actually really cool if the game ever informed you that you can cut off the thing's legs. It makes the fight go by a lot faster than shooting it. It also slows it down and stops it from using some of its more annoying moves (it had this real bullshit spin IIRC which it never did but I was playing the game on hard).

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I don't blame you for using guns on the Swordpig, I just remember that on hard difficulty they do jackshit to his weakpoint :v:

And I hated that trophy. Arcadia can destroy the exhibits and the tougher enemies means that you need to collapse walls on them. Plus wreaking stuff is fun!
God this game just has such bad design

• Locked thread