Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

superLINUS posted:

I love this show! I thought it might be creepy - because, come ON! - but it’s heartwarming and lovely and there is genuine excitement during the races.

Same. I was expecting it to be cute but it took me by surprise when they made it a reasonably competent sports/competition anime as well.

Demicol posted:

Hope nothing happens to Silence Suzuka, lots of talk about injury and the real world horse died from an injury.

To bore everyone with the details, in the last episode (6 - Autumn Skies...) Silence Suzuka ran in the Mainichi Okan against El Condor Pasa and Grass Wonder. This actually happened between these horses at a Mainichi Okan in 1998, with the result being as shown in the episode. They're also talking about Silence Suzuka's next race, the Tenno Sho. In 1998 the Tenno Sho which came after the Mainichi Okan is the race where the real Silence Suzuka died. With the trainers in episode 6 talking about the dangers of horsegirls running at race speeds, it seems like they're building to something happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think Trainer San made the right decision. The vets bills would have hurt the team and Silence would have gone through a lot of suffering.

This way is better for everyone.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Spe's mum needs new jeans.

• Locked thread