Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

:woop: Just did a Zelda: Breath of the Wild Any% Master Mode run directly to the end. Like this, but with saves. Still brutal in that you can't save or get hit during the 6/7 boss rush. Good month so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Oh yeah, I tried going back to Golden Sun 2 (I remembered liking the first one) awhile before the DS one came out and crashed on it hard (I remember it was after the part people complain about but I'm blanking on it. Was it the desert?). Then a year or so later I tried the DS one and I think I only made it through the first act. Woof.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Today I went to Goodwill and saw a copy of Spore for $12. Then I went to a volunteer bookstore and bought a Joe Dever's Lone Wolf book and a copy of Siddhartha. Semper games and namaste.

Dewgy posted:

These fools know nothing about character design!

There. I fixed it.
drat, fix female characters would be good photoshop thread.

oddium posted:

hello onion games, for whom the chulip/little king's story guy works, and also who are the devs of the smash mobile hit Million Onion Hotel and the also good game Dandy Dungeon, are making a game for the Switch and pc called Black Bird. thank you for your time
Fantasy Zone meets Zombie Nation (NES game where you play as the severed samurai head)?

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

al-azad posted:

But not offering the option to turn it off in the 99% of the time you’re not playing multiplayer or currently using it just feels arrogant.

E: *presses share button > controller light > turn this poo poo off*

Hire me Sony!
Just have it fully replace the share button. God that thing is awful if you accidentally hit it. Edit: Outside the PS4 it's just a really lovely designed select button but on the PS4 it's garbage.

The official reason you can't shut off the light bar is VR. Seriously.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

You can change the share button to not bring up the menu unless you double tap
Are you kidding me? So many dumb Nioh deaths :doh: It reminds me of the old, "Hey, can use headphones on the controller for sound but you have to enable it first." thing that always pops up.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Cripes, apparently Metroid Prime has been decompiled and some team is working on getting it to run on (more or less) PCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I thought you could already emulate gamecube games on the PC though, or is this something different? Forgive me for not reading a Reddit link but I can't navigate that sites layout at all.
Totally understandable. If I understand it correctly it's more of an open-source engine (built on but not directly using dissambled code and assets) that'll run Retro Studio games from that time period (up to theoretically Donkey Kong Country Returns). It's early but, I mean, that video there is impressive. It'll be easier to do things like have real mouse/keyboard/VR support or to even mod/build other games using the engine.

• Locked thread