Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Bit late to the Last of Us chat but I found the first part of the game a real drag and it only improved after Pittsburgh. From then on it kept getting better and by the end I loved it.

Stick with it basically :)

Also I picked up Evil Within 2 last night and man this is way better than the first game. I enjoyed the concept of TEW1 but the execution was all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Main guy in Nier is a weird looking dude

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Are there any games where you play a fat person (not counting games with character creators)

I can only think of Borderlands and Wario. I guess Doomguy has a fat face

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

My excuse is I tried playing it and couldn't beat the first stage :(

Learn to use the right stick to dodge around. You're completely invincible when you do the 'evade' move (pull down on right stick) but you have to get the timing right.

Also running (quickly double press left stick up) then doing a move is really powerful - do it with low kick and you'll knock most goons over, then you can do the stomp move which usually finishes them off.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Never played it but isn't Destiny 2 basically a hollowed out DLC machine?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I had a near perfect grade in this class and now I'm going to bomb it because I can't deliver a good presentation without being a stuttering wreck. Great.

Talk slower than you normally would, like 60-75% speed. Also leave a few seconds pause between each sentence. It gives you more time to collect your thoughts, also when you're nervous you will naturally talk faster anyway so this helps you sound more normal and confident.

Real hurthling! posted:

Its like will smiths i, robot but frencher

Does it start with David Cage walking into the shot and literally saying 'hi, i'm david cage'?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I hated that boss. And this is coming from someone that beat O&S without summoning in DS1 and enjoyed it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I got the Capcom/Sega Humble Bundle

It's an insanely good deal. I don't even own a PS4 yet but picked it up because why wouldn't I want a copies of Resident Evil and Mega Man 1-6 for when I do

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

al-azad posted:

I feel like I'm cheating in The Evil Within 2 doing the shooting challenges with a mouse. I have no idea how you're supposed to do the hardest one without memorizing the exact locations but I'm loaded up with 20,000 goo and a million weapon parts without trying.

Yeah RE4 was the same, it was ridiculously easy on the PC or Wii versions.

Also I really like how both Evil Within games don't even try to explain how bottling up green goo from corpses somehow makes Sebastian a better person.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

My sleep schedule is misaligned with the days in such a way that it is constantly wrecking itself until it wrecks itself so hard that it goes back to normal for a few days before the process gradually repeats itself.

Do you get enough exercise? Also are you using f.lux or other screen dimming software on your PC or phone

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

At the moment we think it's most likely chronic fatigue, possibly brought on by my mess of brain problems.

sorry man

could be worth checking your iron and vitamin D levels as well

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Mirror's Edge had a great soundtrack. Also the PC version still looks super good

The DLC is worth it also

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I bought Kirby's Adventure Wii to play with my son when he's a bit older. Saw its rated 10+ for violence so thought I should check the gameplay to see if it's appropriate, got carried away and now I'm like 45% complete

Having a kid is a cool excuse to play Kirby again :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

univbee posted:

Pretty sure the E10+ is because you're still attacking enemies with swords and hammers and stuff and making them disappear and be injured.

Well I'd better make sure the final boss doesn't have any surprises in store, can never be too careful!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Haha

The only one i played before this was on the NES when I was about 10. I think the final boss was a giant eyeball monster than cried blood as you killed it

I'm half expecting the Wii version to end fighting cthulu in space while playing a midi of Slayer's Angel of Death

Convex fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 9, 2018

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I've had the same av for 8 years. Got a cool VHS version from a GBS thread but didn't get round to updating it

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Don't know if this is insightful or if it even matters, but I've noticed that your average gamer cares a lot more about the business side of their fave form of media than, say, your average cinephile or bookworm care about theirs

I enjoyed games more when I knew less about how they were made and the crazy people that get obsessed with them

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I preferred Sonic when I didn't know people dress up as the characters and gently caress

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah but that's true of all fiction.

Not to that extent, I don't know of many Mario, Doom or Resident Evil themed gently caress parties. Sonic just seems to bring out the real weirdos

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Cel shading is the only way to make anything look timeless

Just good art design in general will do it. A lot of GameCube games still look great just upscaled in Dolphin because they had great design despite the lower fidelity output - Timespitters 2-3, Super Monkey Ball, F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime, Paper Mario 2 etc. all look great without needing any added modern effects.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Good shout, I'm playing Kirby through Dolphin right now and it looks amazing.

killer7 also looks great in HD, hope it gets that rerelease the creator hinted at a few months back.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Play QWOP and laugh at the stupid person falling over

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Yeah in order to install GOW Ascension you need like 75gb free space, it's ridiculous.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Do you think we’ll see a gamer president in our lifetimes

Trump played some EA fighting game on the apprentice once

Also president of Poland gave Obama Witcher 2 when he visited, don't know if he got round to playing it though

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
He may enjoy Burnout 2 or 3's crash mode, no water but you create the most spectacular vehicular pileups imaginable, also hot seat multiplayer!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I bought Bloodborne GOTY for £18 new on eBay

Now I need to save up for a PS4 :( Are there any hardware issues like with the original PS3 and 360, or am I ok to get a pre-owned one from CEX or somewhere?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Cheers, sounds like a new one or a slim is the way to go then! I have a wired connection anyway so not bothered about WiFi but don't want it to overheat.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
To be honest I wasn't even planning on playing the game until after 1 and 2 got rereleased, so that works ok for me.

At least it has a release date, unlike Bakely 2 :mad:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Ryu Hittinme

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Hope we get some Resident Evil 2 news at E3, that's probably the only game I'm looking forward to besides whatever the new FROM game is

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
How many people here actually finish single player games these days? I usually lose interest about 2/3 of the way through, usually when it looks like there's nothing new to offer and I've passed the point where the devs applied the bulk of their efforts. That said I still feel a bit stressed about leaving things unfinished even though most videogame stories are terrible and I have like 1024 games from Steam sales I haven't played yet

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Silent Hill series voice acting really works though, it heightens the dreamlike atmosphere immensely. Also works really well for James in SH2 as he is most likely in a fugue state after murdering his wife shortly before the game starts

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
All of a sudden I feel incredibly old

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Got a really good deal on a refurbished PS4 slim today! Setting a rule that I'm only going to buy a game if:

1. I'm going to play it right now; and
2. I'm either going to finish it or sell it before getting another one.

gently caress backlogs (and steam sales from before they went to poo poo) forever, it's stressful having a pile of games and being unable to choose from them. Not going to make that mistake again if I can help it!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Only sexy game I played was Leather Goddesses of Phobos back in like 1991. Wasn't any good at text adventures though so I gave up before getting to any bob and vegene scenes

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
A shame we never got the John Candy Kirby movie

e: or the Joe Pesci Wario movie :saddowns:

Convex fucked around with this message at 11:12 on May 24, 2018

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Try being a wacky catchphrasing twitch streamer with a low cut top and beg for donations?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Find something cool and old at a charity shop and loving restore it

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
How come spider ladies are sexy humans from waist up then spiders from below?

Why no representation for sexy spider head and torso with human legs and feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Playing the Mega Man Legacy Collection and man I hate these loving floating platforms :mad:

• Locked thread