Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I showed this to my wife (we pulled the goalie recently) and she was not amused. Meeting Rizzo will not be a reason to push things back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

legit worried about yu

Yu's broken. The 2nd base banana peel did him in.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

gently caress the DH and Edgar belongs in the Hof.

Come at me. Except you, trout, I do not want to fly 500 ft ty.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pretty sure Yadis injury was a sacrifice to the Dark Lord. Expect the Cubs to lose by 10 tonight.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That strategy will probably work on this year's Cubs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Baez just getting the day off so he doesn't mega injure his groin swinging at a bad pitch?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bird in a Blender posted:

A lot, and probably all, of the highly rated basketball recruits spend their summers playing AAU ball, which can run a few thousand a year, I think that is pretty close to what travel baseball runs. Football also has it's share of camps that colleges go and recruit at. What might be a bigger difference is there's probably more scholarships for kids to play at private high schools in basketball and football than there are for baseball.

I think the popularity and cash flow of college level affects that. Might be more money in NCAA football/basketball to help kids to step up to NCAA level.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 11, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

Yeah it's pretty clear teams are grappling with signs & sign stealing a lot more now, and I'm not sure if it's actually doing anything to speed up the game much since the pitcher can still step off as much as he likes and the batter can still call for time to step out of the box and adjust his gloves/helmet/junk as much as he likes. The Sox/Yankees game yesterday is a good example: after the Yankees four run inning the Red Sox must have thought the Yankees were doing something to steal signs, because they went to multiples even with nobody on for the 9th. It seriously took the catcher like 10 seconds to signal for the pitch he wants, and Kimbrel just kinda stares in for another five or so seconds before stepping off because he has no loving clue what to throw. Pace of play!

Then again I can't remember a single change proposed by Manfred is his entire tenure so far that hasn't been useless, terrible, or both.

Double-whammy approach: catchers get buttons that play sounds in the pitcher's hat. The added hardware in the pitcher's hat conveniently fits inside a padded hat.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pancakes posted:

Only acceptable if the padded hat also doubles as a nacho dispenser for teammates in the dugout.

Um yeah that's a given.

Also pitchers better have wicked movement or some other cruel punchout if they plan on using the price is right loser noise for their signs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

All extra innings in baseball are called by Jeff Garlin.

That's immediately who I thought of too.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The early stuff was built off randos like Flaherty and Tucker outperforming their numbers but with Acuña coming up and Ozzie turning into a monster, this might be for real. There's still holes in the bullpen and rotation but yeah, at least contending into July looks realistic.

90% they lose this weird makeup day game at Chicago tomorrow though.

Tomorrow's g2 of the cubs mandatory five game losing streak. Plus Quintanas pitching. Expect Freddie to crush a couple.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

I missed the entire "Ryan Braun is a great young player" to "Ryan Braun is a lying cheater scumbag who tried to ruin someone's life" transition in a hiatus from baseball and in a lot of ways its my biggest regret of what I missed.

He ruined a lab nerd's career and for that I will shout gently caress Ryan Braun from the roof tops for all time.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

To be fair I'm also a lab nerd who respects the level of quality awareness required to maintain an acceptable level of trust with customers.

It's a huge insult when some fuckwad tries to mess with that to save face.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

On the flip side, Fowler will always have a warm fuzzy spot in my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

the popes toes posted:

The MRI machine overheated but thank God no one was in it at the time

What did some jackass try to be funny with the gently caress off sized magnet?

• Locked thread