Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I've decided to name my new computer programming language "GodCode" because you can use it to do anything. To output hello world you simply type "print(hello world)". To comment out something you simply put three forward slashes at the beginning of the line, followed by the text of the comment. I'm predicting big things for GodCode. I'm working on my first computer program using it - and it's already nearing completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

HolyC claims first

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sorry OP, but the space of mentally ill programmers is already pretty crowded. Unless you're schizophrenic, kill your wife, or spend years writing and maintaining a popular window manager only to switch to windows forever because of your hatred for gnome-settings-daemon, it's pretty hard to compete nowadays.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

OldAlias posted:

HolyC claims first

ya, sorry g0m, you got beat

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
really like the lang name, op. im thinking about porting all my projects to GodCode

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

do anything? so the language supports a GodMode - programming invincibility into any game... imagine the sick frags

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i'm gonna put three forward slashes in your face op

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Gazpacho posted:

i'm gonna put three forward slashes in your face op

please use a comment block for heads

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

akadajet posted:

ya, sorry g0m, you got beat

maybe that's the reference

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i think im really getting the hang of GodCode
already printed hello world a few times and made a comment or two :]

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
were getting the kids into coding using GodCode.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dongslayer. posted:

were getting the kids into coding using GodCode.
It's sure to be a hit with the Christian homeschooling market.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I use this programming language to talk to God, he says hello (to the entire world!!)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

terry were u able to resolve your legal troubles?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://github.com/samshadwell/TrumpScript

No floating point numbers, only integers. America never does anything halfway.
All numbers must be strictly greater than 1 million. The small stuff is inconsequential to us.
There are no import statements allowed. All code has to be home-grown and American made.
Instead of True and False, we have the keywords fact and lie.
Only the most popular English words, Trump's favorite words, and current politician names can be used as variable names.
Error messages are mostly quotes directly taken from Trump himself.
All programs must end with America is great.
Our language will automatically correct Forbes' $4.5B to $10B.
In its raw form, TrumpScript is not compatible with Windows, because Trump isn't the type of guy to believe in PC.
TrumpScript boycotts OS X and all Apple products until such time as Apple gives cellphone info to authorities regarding radical Islamic terrorist couple from Cal.
The language is completely case insensitive.
If the running computer is from China, TrumpScript will not compile. We don't want them stealing our American technological secrets.
By constructing a wall (providing the --Wall flag), TrumpScript will refuse to run on machines with Mexican locales
Warns you if you have any Communists masquerading as legitimate "SSL Certificates" from China on your system.
Won't run in root mode because America doesn't need your help being great. Trump is all we need.
Easy to type with small hands

heres a fizzbuzz

code:
Make Donald 15000000.
Nothing is, 1000000 minus 1000000;
The fortune of Hillary is nothing.
As long as, Donald is not Hillary; Do this:
If, Donald over 15000000 is nothing; Then: say "Fiorina Biden"!
Else if, Donald over 5000000 is nothing; Then: say "Fiorina"!
Else if, Donald over 3000000 is nothing; Then: say "Biden"!
Else: say Donald!
The fortune of Donald is, old Donald minus 1000000;
Amazing!
America is Great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I've mentioned your new computer programming language to my pastor and he was very interested, OP. We are thinking of building a new church web site in GodCode.

• Locked thread