Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Now I'm stuck back here imagining the alternate reality that got a Super Mario Brothers movie written, directed by, and starring Danny Devito with Tom Hanks as Luigi, Schwarzenegger as Bowser, and Tom Waits as Toad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

:omarcomin:

Omar was legit one of the greatest characters in the history of television

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I had a freak out and quit my career in my late twenties and went into the creative business. poo poo sucks and will probably suck forever but holy jesus am I glad to be out of my last career track. It's been scary as hell and the threat of failure is around every corner but that doesn't spook me nearly as much as sitting around saying "what if"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I'm pissed because my garbage insurance (eat all of my rear end Kaiser) is making seeing a psychiatrist a loving nightmare. I was hoping to get it done before pride but now it's looking like I'm just sadbrains my way through it. We have a huge crew going this year though which is good because assaults against LGBTQ individuals is a major major problem in my city (Portland).

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I just finished the last episode of Chernobyl, and I'm probably preaching to the choir but holy gently caress what an absolutely incredible show. Just stunning from start to finish.

Don't worry you'll always have Monday Night Raw

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Being about cancer is not the same as being cancer.

You will regret your words and deeds for mocking Roman Reigns

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

CobiWann posted:

My wife and I are in the middle of an argument...

Me - the Disney version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of the best of the 1990's animated musicals with an amazing song in "Hellfire."

Her - the Disney version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of the worst book adaptations of all time as the songs are overblown and the ending is too happy compared to the original story.

It's frustrating for me because I am NOT a musical person or a Disney person (favorite Disney movies? The Black Cauldron and The Black Hole) and she lives and breathes musicals as does the kiddo, so here should be something we both agree on, yet it's a hill both her and I are willing to die on for our opinions.

Other hills? She LOATHES Ode to Joy while it's one of my favorite pieces and the biggest argument we've ever had was whether or not the creatures in 28 Days Later were zombies or not (THEY'RE loving INFECTED!!!)

I'M LOSIN TO A BIRD

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

June 8th is the 6 month anniversary of the seizure that made me realize I need to get sober. Also, as of this month, I'm finally being priced out of the Bay Area but I have a place close to my girlfriend in the Scott's Valley area outside of Santa Cruz and a job set up over there plus other job opportunities and mutual friends.

I guess I'm feeling a lot of positive anxiety about things at the moment. Keyword there is positive.

It's also my 6 month anniversary of dating my dude so I guess it was just a night to make good decisions :unsmith:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ugh just got back from Pride where me and my crew got some open discrimination/bigotry from a Lyft driver. Simultaneously a very good and very bad day :sigh:

vv word vv

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 16, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

As someone with a rare hormone disorder I empathize a lot with the trans community because I am also sticking myself with 5 needles a week.

Fuckin A that's rough. We just had to switch injection spots on my boyfriend from one hip to the other for his T and even that was a complicated decision.

Also as an aside I got the guy who discriminated against us at Pride fired from his job so lmao eat my homo balls bitch

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Mailbox Marv is a money gimmick

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Spikeguy posted:

Right for sure. I learned some really horrible eating habits growing up and i really have never been able to crack that code. But whatever that's fine. And one of the reasons I decided to start doing more weight lifting was because I wanted to be strong enough to play with my kids and pick them up. Those two critters are wild. I was on my knees the other day looking at something on the ground and my daughter did Tanahashi's finisher to me.

Did your partner chant "ACE" and if not why not?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Everytime I've been high on weed I get super aggro, wound up, and generally an unpleasant rear end in a top hat. The last time I smoked was at a party and almost immediately got in a fight with some rando dude. I just don't do it anymore because I'm just kinda resigned to the fact that it doesn't do what its supposed to for me. It also does nothing for my nerve pain so gently caress it I guess.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

ShadowedFlames posted:

:hai: :hmmyes:

Truer words have never been spoken.

gently caress Ted Faro.

Who's Ted Faro and why should he be hosed?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Thanks for all the words of comfort, guys. Dad passed away peacefully this evening. I'm not religious or anything but I know he's with mom and his folks again now. Appreciate all the support ITT.

That's hard, big condolences, but honestly that's how I hope to go someday. It sounds like he was really loved.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Noodle came with me to Pride this year.

Dang that's a good dog, wow

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's nothing quite like the realization your in laws are nice people who like you

I wish I had cool inlaws instead of the poo poo tier garbage people my guy somehow came from :sigh:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Drew McIntyre posted:

i've bought some games during the sales. here are my reviews of what i've played

Dusk: this is great. you should buy it.

Assassin's Creed Egypt: the only other AC games i've played are AC 2 and AC 2 2, and this is the exact same game, just in Egypt. it's not even really Egypt, it's Egypt at the beginning of the Roman Empire, so it's just a game about Roman Egypt. looks pretty and is completely shallow with a very bland story. the first and only game to crash on my PS4. if you have played one AC game you have played all of them.

Dusk loving rules and if you have any fondness at all in your heart for old school shooters you should be playing it right now

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My partner is visiting today and tomorrow and tonight I made her die laughing by somewhat sleepily remarking that David Schwimmer looks like a guy who morosely builds ships in a bottle and I thought it was pretty funny so I wanted to share it with my posting pals. Thanks. :)

Also sorry if, like my posting, it's not as funny as I think it is. God bless.

It's funny because it's true

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

coconono hosed a dog lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

coconono posted:

I did not gently caress the dog, you reading comprehension damaged dork. I am an admittedly terrible person but even I have standards.

I don't know you sound kind of morally inept to me

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Haha, in that case my apologies to Prokhor Zakharov, I had no idea.

I'm mailing you my annotated copy of Something Awful Users That Have hosed Dogs so we can avoid these situations in the future.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I accidentally went on a date with a nazi chick :(

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cavauro posted:

i saw that date and it was completely on purpose

Nah I'm no Seth Rollins. She seemed totally normal and we had some things in common, I told some story about how I couldn't go to work a day the previous week because nazis had a protest near my office. She responded with "Oh I'm friends with a lot of nazis online!" all cheery. It got real awkward real quick after that and I left when she went to the bathroom.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah. I added a disclaimer that said "No Nazis" to my profile after that because that's something you had to do around tyool 2016

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Hereditary left me really cold for whatever reason, I do think Midsommer looks a lot more interesting though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

fart blood posted:

You can even make a case for Season 1, considering that it too has classics like the Telltale Head, Crepes of Wrath, Some Enchanted Evening, Krusty Gets Busted...but the season unfortunately didn’t age well appearance wise. I still love catching half of it though.

Oh, fun fact about Crepes of Wrath: during that episode’s original airing, was the very last time I ever puked in my life. (Any other time I said I puked I was lying to get out of school or work.)

I like the old janky hand-done animation of that era, it gave it a lot of character.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

I've decided that I like Portland (specifically North Portland) and I think I'm going to move here.

bring money.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

TTBF posted:

Vancouver, Washington is across a river from Portland, Oregon. This is fun because Washington has no income tax and Oregon has no sales tax. It is much cheaper to live there than in Portland.

driving back and forth will make you want to die on the reg

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Not to discourage you from moving there but Portland's history of racism is unfortunate and somewhat surprising.

I love to visit Vancouver but I'd hate to live there (and I couldn't afford to anyway).

I was born here and Portland has some extremely hosed up poo poo going on to this day regarding racism, transphobia, and other institutional issues. For example, our cops are a loving joke and were recently caught openly collaborating with the fascists that attack people in the streets. Mostly though it's just that gentrification hit this city like a loving sledgehammer and effectively wiped out most of the city's original inhabitants. Portland's image as a progressive artsy utopia is really little more than slick marketing by the real estate/property management groups at the end of the day.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The moral of my life that I never ever learn is that 99% of the time when I get excited about things and tell people about them they promptly implode so I should stick to being a miserable gently caress I guess.

Mox is doing great tho

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

harperdc posted:

It just isn’t or wasn’t discussed. Ever. It was just standard “bad part of town” things, and then those parts got gentrified, and all of a sudden got expensive and middle-class-up white people went there again. Happened with the Pearl, happened in NE, sounds like it’s in the process of happening in NoPo.

And that’s just late-20th century Portland. This is ignoring the fact of how Oregon was settled and granted statehood. It’s a miracle we had any education on the indigenous tribes at all.

The Alberta neighborhood used to be an almost literal ghetto. Now they call it The Alberta Arts District lmao.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Now that I didn't know. What's going on with that?

There is A LOT of transphobia in Portland. Violence against transwomen is especially a problem as of late, both of the fascist and proto-fascist variety. The problem has gotten so bad that the LGBT+ community has been setting up carpooling/pickup groups to ensure safe transportation around town. Riding public transit is basically a guarantee to catch poo poo though. The cops also actively and openly despise transfolk and will not help you under any circumstances. Recently a black transwoman was basically found lynched in a public park and the cops immediately ruled it a suicide and closed the case with no autopsy or investigation of any kind, despite witnesses saying that she appeared to have to been beaten and stripped. It's bad and doesn't show signs of improving with PPD in charge.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I wrote an actual book but it's only a paltry 92,000 words :sigh:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

What the subject of the conversation was fun enough, please don't post your fanfiction guys.

Hey man if you want to miss out on my 1.2 million word epic about Jon Moxley going back in time to stop Hitler than that's on you :colbert:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

and so jru proclaimed, that horny is prohibited

Anybody who says they're not horny for Kota Ibushi is a liar and a thief and not to be trusted

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Parents loving with your finances is pretty much always infuriating. We eventually had to cut my mother-in-law out of our lives over it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They're not exactly loving with it. Lemme PM you.

Gotcha, idk if gifs work in PMs so I'm reposting it here cause its boss

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

This isn't the appropriate subforum for posting links/getting feedback on your writing even if the subject relates to wrestling. It's also got a long history of generating drama, personal attacks and hurt feelings, especially as people will have conflicting ideas of what fits into the 10% good stuff/90% terrible stuff categories.

So it's exactly like pro wrestling then lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Guess who might need another reconstructive hand surgery!